Thread: Upgrading to new phone through best buy mobile with sero plan

Feedback Score

Upgrading to new phone through best buy mobile with sero plan

I'm currently on the $30 Sero plan with a TP2. I saw that best buy mobile has the LG Marquee for free with 2 year activation. I'm pretty sure this phone was released before the Oct 14 date, so I'll just need Sero-P upgrade. Has anyone used Best Buy mobile with their Sero plan before? What's the best order to upgrade to Sero-P and get the phone?

I was thinking of upgrading to Sero-P first, then going to the store and getting the phone. Thanks for any suggestions.

Feedback Score
    I tried 2 BB locations on 4 occasions and was in the same situation as you (same phone eve). Didn't work. Ended up just upgrading to SERO-P via Employee Care.

Cheers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timeless2 View Post
    I tried 2 BB locations on 4 occasions and was in the same situation as you (same phone eve). Didn't work. Ended up just upgrading to SERO-P via Employee Care.

Cheers.
    What did you do after upgrading to SERO-P? Did you get a new phone through the Sprint website? Did you go back to BB?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glames View Post
    What did you do after upgrading to SERO-P? Did you get a new phone through the Sprint website? Did you go back to BB?
    Well, I grabbed the iPhone 4s direct from telesales and it shipped overnight. They activated, went to SERO-P, no hassles, whatsoever.

Never went back to the clueless peeps at BB.

Feedback Score
    For everyone's reference:

I called the Employee Care # at 866-264-1282 and Bobby was all over it. He told me he would upgrade my plan to Sero-P. He also said that phone upgrades on Sero have to go through a corporate store or telesales. So the Best Buy option would not have worked (bummer).

I called Telesales at 888-882-4030 or 877-746-8249 and found out that the LG Marquee was out of stock. I found the LG Optimus Elite on the website, which is almost a dead ringer for the Marquee. It was in stock at telesales but he said I would have to pay the premium data fee, even though it was a 3G phone. I argued with him a little about it, but he said the policy is that all new smartphone upgrades will get the premium data fee. I've heard some people getting away without paying with it, but I guess you need to get lucky.

If I'm going to pay $50 a month, I decided to upgrade to an iPhone 4S. I love the phone but really didn't want to pay $50/month. But with no one making 3G phones anymore, and Sprints new premium data policy, I didn't have too many options. I guess I should have tried to upgrade a few months earlier.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S/ iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glames View Post
    For everyone's reference:

I called the Employee Care # at 866-264-1282 and Bobby was all over it. He told me he would upgrade my plan to Sero-P. He also said that phone upgrades on Sero have to go through a corporate store or telesales. So the Best Buy option would not have worked (bummer).

I called Telesales at 888-882-4030 or 877-746-8249 and found out that the LG Marquee was out of stock. I found the LG Optimus Elite on the website, which is almost a dead ringer for the Marquee. It was in stock at telesales but he said I would have to pay the premium data fee, even though it was a 3G phone. I argued with him a little about it, but he said the policy is that all new smartphone upgrades will get the premium data fee. I've heard some people getting away without paying with it, but I guess you need to get lucky.

If I'm going to pay $50 a month, I decided to upgrade to an iPhone 4S. I love the phone but really didn't want to pay $50/month. But with no one making 3G phones anymore, and Sprints new premium data policy, I didn't have too many options. I guess I should have tried to upgrade a few months earlier.
    just a side note, if you go thru corporate store, only its main store manager can touch your sero account, anyone else would only cause u to lose your plan. And also the main manager at corporate stores should be able to upgrade you to SERO Premium from regular SERO as well.(for best results its better to call employee care and upgrade thru them before going into the corporate store)

In the past when upgrading, i call Employee Care, and they transfer me to the correct Telesales.

For those who are gonna pre-order the new HTC Evo 4G LTE, you must be on SERO Premium to pre-order it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Game619 View Post
    just a side note, if you go thru corporate store, only its main store manager can touch your sero account, anyone else would only cause u to lose your plan. And also the main manager at corporate stores should be able to upgrade you to SERO Premium from regular SERO as well.(for best results its better to call employee care and upgrade thru them before going into the corporate store)

In the past when upgrading, i call Employee Care, and they transfer me to the correct Telesales.

For those who are gonna pre-order the new HTC Evo 4G LTE, you must be on SERO Premium to pre-order it.
    yea when i upgraded to sgs4, they had to convert it to a 69.99+$10 plan and put it back to SERO by calling back in
    SprintGurus

Feedback Score
    thanks for helpful information

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timeless2 View Post

Cheers.
    What is the phone number for Employee Care?

Feedback Score
    888-876-8381 is the line I called back in the day...

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Where they willing to do that? I called *2 on my phone today and they told me I needed to go with to a sprint corporate store or special third-party. They said I could not go to Best Buy

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I used Sprint CS. Of course BB rep didn't know what I was talking about and it probably wasn't possible.

Device(s)
    Iphone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I had heard many nightmares of BB and Sero. I went in because my wife is on business account and wanted the iPhone, they were the only ones that had it in stock. After much to do the rep said they couldn't do it. So I said can you CHECK if I'm eligible for an upgrade... She tried and said sorry I can't do anything with your account...

Pretty much new accounts and personal accounts when it comes to BB. otherwise you risk losing your SERO.
    Well.....