Thread: Droid X turning off 3G

Device(s)
    S5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon prepaid
    Feedback Score

Droid X turning off 3G

I just got a used Droid X (android 2.2.1) and activated it on a standard plan on page plus as a backup phone. It will mostly be sitting an area of wifi in case a call comes through. But there seems to be some 3G data trickling through using up my balance slowly. I can easily turn off 3G on my Incredible (2.3.4), but dont see this option on the Droid X. Is it because of the older android system? I would like to upgrade it to 2.3 at least so 3G watchdog will shut off 3G automatically at quota...
    Galaxy S5 VZ prepaid

Device(s)
    LG Volt
    Feedback Score
    You should be able to turn off 3G data on a Droid X with Froyo (2.2) or newer. I think the location of the option has changed, but what you're looking for is called "Data enabled" or something similar. You just need to uncheck that. (On the latest version, it's under Settings -> Battery & data manager -> Data delivery.)

You should be able to upgrade it by going to Settings -> About Phone -> System updates. If you want to be able to root it, you have to do that and install Voodoo OTA RootKeeper BEFORE updating. Once you update to the latest version, you'll be stuck if you don't have RootKeeper.

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I just bought a used Droid X and activated it on PPC. After I had it activated on PPC, I updated the phone to android 2.3.4 To turn off data, go to
    settings -> Battery & Data manager -> Data delivery, then uncheck Data enabled.

File014, from your other posts, it sounds like you may have a Moto Droid, and not a Droid X. If you have a slide out qwerty keyboard, you have a Droid. The Droid X just has a touch screen keyboard only.

Device(s)
    S5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I had an OG Droid. I sent it back long ago because the microphone didnt work. Now I have a Droid X (no slider) and an HTC incredible (1).

I downloaded JuiceDefender and it shut down the 3G in conjunction with 3G watchdog. This was before telmesrin posted and showed me how to shut off the 3G inherently in the phone. It is off now and not using any data. Thanks all. I will decide later whether to root or upgrade to 2.3.4.

Device(s)
    Now using- Work phone-sony ericsson k630i. Show off phones-Nokia N95-4 US 8gig and Sony Ericsson p1i
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    awesome, i was looking for this on my phone as well thanks!