Thread: Nextel Lines - Early 'Upgrade'

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Nextel Lines - Early 'Upgrade'

So, I was looking at OLAM today and noticed that both of my Nextel lines are eligible for upgrades (they shouldn't be, but I'm not complaining).

I noticed that the Sprint website is still offering iDEN handsets. I imagine the early upgrade is to get me to convert to SDC, but I wonder what would happen if I simply bought another iDEN handset. Or used that line's upgrade for another line? Would I be offered another early 'upgrade' down the road?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8350i
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL.|Communications
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by en4rcer View Post
    So, I was looking at OLAM today and noticed that both of my Nextel lines are eligible for upgrades (they shouldn't be, but I'm not complaining).

I noticed that the Sprint website is still offering iDEN handsets. I imagine the early upgrade is to get me to convert to SDC, but I wonder what would happen if I simply bought another iDEN handset. Or used that line's upgrade for another line? Would I be offered another early 'upgrade' down the road?

More than likely, they won't honor the early upgrades unless you are switching over to SDC. The fine print probably says "Does not include iDEN upgrades"... Call them and ask.
    “Right now, I’m glad we have the iDEN network,” Hesse said. “I wouldn’t have said that 18 months ago, but I am now ... from a financial perspective.”

NEXTEL. Done. I guess that's "Life at SprintSpeed"

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I stopped in to a Sprint Corporate store today and here's the scoop . . .

My iDEN lines are Ok to upgrade, but not to another iDEN phone. However, they are beginning to sweeten the pot a bit. They offered me the Admiral or the EVO 3D for 99 cents and also the Epic 4g Touch for $50.

The guy actually talked me out of upgrading now and said there will be even better offers to sway me away from iDEN. It was strange that they didn't offer a discount on the rest of the SDC phones.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Sprint/VZW
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by en4rcer View Post
    I stopped in to a Sprint Corporate store today and here's the scoop . . .

My iDEN lines are Ok to upgrade, but not to another iDEN phone. However, they are beginning to sweeten the pot a bit. They offered me the Admiral or the EVO 3D for 99 cents and also the Epic 4g Touch for $50.

The guy actually talked me out of upgrading now and said there will be even better offers to sway me away from iDEN. It was strange that they didn't offer a discount on the rest of the SDC phones.
    Yup. I took advantage of two early upgrades on Iden lines. Had just upgraded 6 months ago so it was nice to have another one so soon.

Feedback Score
    If you want direct connect get the Admiral. If you are in a good Sprint PCS area, the SDC works just as well as iDEN for the most part.

They probably will allow you to upgrade to the new Evo 4G LTE or Nexus though so hold off if DC isn't that important

Device(s)
    i580
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Sprint and Nextel customers Must Read This

mod edited: your rant that I've removed has it's own thread, and had absolutely nothing to do with answering the question being asked in this thread. Please refrain from posting the same thing numerous times over, as it is against the rules. Oh, and leave out anything that could be considered a personal attack too.
    Last edited by martin_j001; 04-22-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    "I used to drop acid to make the world seem strange, now I take Prozac to make the world seem normal"[COLOR=DarkRed]

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8350i
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL.|Communications
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by threean2 View Post
    mod edited: your rant that I've removed has it's own thread, and had absolutely nothing to do with answering the question being asked in this thread. Please refrain from posting the same thing numerous times over, as it is against the rules. Oh, and leave out anything that could be considered a personal attack too.
    Thank you Martin, Homeboy was getting a little out of control.

Device(s)
    i580
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by threean2 View Post
    I apologize for that. I accidentally posted it in the wrong thread.

And this is not a rant either nor a personal attach. Just telling it like it is.

I was with Nextel for over 20 years probably longer than most that come here.