Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Sero Customer Questions

Feedback Score

New Sero Customer Questions

I searched the forums, and read the Wiki. The wiki is a little dated, and couldn't ready find all the answers to my questions. I recently became the new owner of a Sero $30 plan. The contract is set to expire in December 2012.

1. Is there any risk of having my rate plan altered if I am not in contract? I would like to stay off contract, but does being under contract afford me more stability that my monthly rate will not change?

2. The Wiki says no, but I have seen elsewhere yes. Can I tether my computer to my phone?

3. Is there any way to clone, or duplicate my plan? I would love to get some family members onto this if possible.

Thanks.
    How is it that we give up houses, businesses and bank accounts when we want a divorce but can't part with a couple of hundred bucks to find cellphone bliss?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DP102288 View Post
    I searched the forums, and read the Wiki. The wiki is a little dated, and couldn't ready find all the answers to my questions. I recently became the new owner of a Sero $30 plan. The contract is set to expire in December 2012.

1. Is there any risk of having my rate plan altered if I am not in contract? I would like to stay off contract, but does being under contract afford me more stability that my monthly rate will not change?

2. The Wiki says no, but I have seen elsewhere yes. Can I tether my computer to my phone?

3. Is there any way to clone, or duplicate my plan? I would love to get some family members onto this if possible.

Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure the plan wont change once it expires. I've been on that $30 SERO plan for like 5 yrs and maybe more without any problems, and I know I haven't been renewing my contract or I think anyway, but I'm not sure. Why dont you just call Sprint and ask?

Device(s)
    Moto X 2015
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I've been off contract with my SERO plan for about 2 years and there has been no change to it.. Of course, Sprint could decide tomorrow to kill all SERO plans and force everyone onto other plans, but you should be safe as long as you don't call and try to add any features or discounts.

As for adding anyone else to SERO, it would take a miracle to do so unless you go the same route that you took of buying it from someone.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I thought I read about people being able to add a SERO phone if they already had SERO. It's hard to say because the SERO forum is pretty dead the last few years. There used to be tons of talk about SERO.

If you can't get another SERO line, you would probably stand a good chance to be able to add a SEROP or SERO premium line. It's another $10 that includes any non-4G and adds navigation and Any Mobile Anytime to the plan. If you want a 4G phone then it's another $10 for a total of $50 a month.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2015
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I'm actually curious how the OP was able to acquire his new SERO line. I assume he did a TOL from the original SERO owner. But from what I've read, you can only do this nowadays if you're already on SERO. And you can't convert an existing line to SERO Premium unless it was on the original SERO before

So, DP102288, how did you do it?

There is the EPRP Family Plan that allows you to take corporate discounts that is close to SERO pricing if you have 3 or more family members on the plan. Search for "Russ McGuire" to find the way to get it.

Feedback Score
    I wanted to make more Sero lines out of the one I had, not necessarily TOL more from someone else.

And I never had Sprint before in my life. But, I opened an EPRP account at $60/month, then TOL'ed the Sero onto it, then cancelled the $60 plan. Now I just have the $30 plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S/ iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wanted to make more Sero lines out of the one I had, not necessarily TOL more from someone else.

And I never had Sprint before in my life. But, I opened an EPRP account at $60/month, then TOL'ed the Sero onto it, then cancelled the $60 plan. Now I just have the $30 plan.
    honestly you have 0.1% chance of duplicating your SERO plan to add more lines....good job on gettin a EPRP account first and TOL a old SERO account

now with new SERO account, for any customer service you must contact Sprint Employee Service Reps

upgrading phones on SERO, if you want a smartphone other than HTC Touch Pro 2, would require you to upgrade to SERO Premium. Now theres a $10 premium data charge for any 4G, iPhones, and any 3G smartphones released after October 14, 2011 (Motorola Admiral could be upgraded without $10 data premium charge and without an extra $5 bucks for Sprint Direct Connect, its possible my coworker has it)

another fact, If you do choose to upgrade to a smartphone & you changed your plan to SERO Premium and dont like it want to revert back you can, you returned the phone and you can also go back to regular SERO plan(based on that previous phone is compatible with SERO Original plan) this is for your personal knowledge

Feedback Score
    ^^ Thanks for the info. I didn't know even their non-4G phones would incur the $10 4g addon too if released after 10-14-2011..not friendly in my view.

I'll stick with my TP2 for now. If I decide to upgrade, I'll definitely try to stay at $40/month.

Of interesting note...I was informed of an idea. Not saying I agree with it, but the same way you can put a 4G phone on Boost, why not Sero? Risky in my view, but it sounds like technically the same process.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ^^ Thanks for the info. I didn't know even their non-4G phones would incur the $10 4g addon too if released after 10-14-2011..not friendly in my view.

I'll stick with my TP2 for now. If I decide to upgrade, I'll definitely try to stay at $40/month.

Of interesting note...I was informed of an idea. Not saying I agree with it, but the same way you can put a 4G phone on Boost, why not Sero? Risky in my view, but it sounds like technically the same process.
    If you don't have a 4G phone then you don't pay the extra $10.

It's $10 to upgrade to SEROP, then $10 more for 4G.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S/ iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OPD1026 View Post
    If you don't have a 4G phone then you don't pay the extra $10.

It's $10 to upgrade to SEROP, then $10 more for 4G.
    not true, with about 50% of Sprint Employee Reps when trying to activate your phone will force $10 extra data charge with Motorola Admiral and an extra $5 for Sprint Direct Connect

iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 (8gb version) both require you to get $10 data fee(non 4g phone)

their madness excuse is that all smartphones use alot more data

heres one of the emails they give me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Everything Plus Referral Program.

When upgrading to a smartphone SERO Premium plans cost an additional $10/month and include the added benefits of Any Mobile Anytime and Unlimited GPS Navigation as well as being required to add the $10 Premium Data add-on.

For further assistance regarding your rate plan you can contact Customer Care at 1-888-876-8381. Additional information regarding rate plans can be found on our website at www.sprint.com/everythingplus.

Joyce Paquette
    Everything Plus Team
    Everything Plus Referral Program
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and i have another email stating any 3g smartphone released prior to October 14, 2011 will not require the extra $10 charge. (this often will end up getting put on hold while they ask their supervisor for more details and saves you the $10 data premium charge monthly so worth the wait, if not say no thanks, call back again try wit new Rep)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S/ iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

anytime, yea tp2 aint that bad, but i am getting the new HTC Evo 4G LTE and wont mine paying $60 a month with insurance included. i cant wait for that phone, ive had Tp2 for too long lol

Device(s)
    HTC Arrive (soon to be replaced)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Game619 View Post
    not true, with about 50% of Sprint Employee Reps when trying to activate your phone will force $10 extra data charge with Motorola Admiral and an extra $5 for Sprint Direct Connect

iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 (8gb version) both require you to get $10 data fee(non 4g phone)

their madness excuse is that all smartphones use alot more data

heres one of the emails they give me
    yea, I just called Customer Care and the rep told me that even the HTC Arrive (non-4G) would incur the extra $10 data add-on charge bringing my SERO Premium plan to $50/month :-/ .. I think I'll try back again and see if I get a different customer rep that will tell me differently

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2 (primary)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragonx View Post
    yea, I just called Customer Care and the rep told me that even the HTC Arrive (non-4G) would incur the extra $10 data add-on charge bringing my SERO Premium plan to $50/month :-/ .. I think I'll try back again and see if I get a different customer rep that will tell me differently
    fight it. My Arrive was working fine off the $40/mnth plan, until I went to the iPhone, and back to the Arrive. When switching back, they bumped me into a SERO P plan that wouldnt allow me to remove the premium charge on newer devices. I relentlessly nagged them and eventually got them to admit it was a mistake; however, I feel this is a prelude of things to come for us with SERO accounts..

edit: here's some ammunition if they keep playing hardball: SEROP
    Quote Originally Posted by reasoning in the bold
    I’ve gotten lots of comments and notes today asking an obvious question for those long-term customers that either already have or are considering upgrading to the SERO Premium plan - does this mean that SERO Premium customers will have to pay another $10 on top of the $10 step up just required on October 1 so that SERO customers could enjoy smartphones?

Good news - the answer is no. You will not be charged another $10 Premium Data charge for most smartphones - it’s included in SERO Premium.

As we’ve discussed at length here, the SERO Premium plans were introduced for precisely the same reason the Premium Data fee is being extended to all smartphones - in recognition of the higher cost associated with devices that naturally drive lots more traffic onto our network. Today’s announcement is just following the same logic for Sprint’s current postpaid plans that was applied for SERO Premium.
    Last edited by Aleki; 04-22-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Feedback Score
    has anyone done a sero tol recently? any phone number to call?

i've tried regular CS, retentions, employee care, change of ownership department and have gotten shot down by all...

Device(s)
    HTC Arrive (soon to be replaced)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleki View Post
    fight it. My Arrive was working fine off the $40/mnth plan, until I went to the iPhone, and back to the Arrive. When switching back, they bumped me into a SERO P plan that wouldnt allow me to remove the premium charge on newer devices. I relentlessly nagged them and eventually got them to admit it was a mistake; however, I feel this is a prelude of things to come for us with SERO accounts..

edit: here's some ammunition if they keep playing hardball:
    thanks very much for the link ... I was able to get my HTC Arrive setup with the $40/month SERO Premium... great stuff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast