Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anyone come back to BB after iPhone and android?

Feedback Score
    Uhhh....admitted blank face to jargonesque. I'm not perfect yet. I've used BB for years now and everytime I think I'll consider one of the whizzy whizy bang bang phones in the "other" camps, I shudder.

Anyway, What do you mean with the jargon reference: BBM? Yeah, I've been living on a remote island, or something. Please enlighten.......

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1 / Apple iPhone X
    Feedback Score
    BBM = BlackBerry Messenger

Feedback Score
    So kind of you......of course! I just call it Messenger. I flunk the jargon quiz.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Fluid's: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; HTC; mwp6985))

I miss a few of the features, but I don't think that I can come back now. I had a great run on BlackBerry but my needs have changed and unfortunately, BlackBerry hasn't changed enough.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Feedback Score
    I think I'll stay with my saxophone. Better sound, great feel in the hand. It never crashes. Oh...and it's a first class messenger too.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Non-Loquacious View Post
    I think I'll stay with my saxophone. Better sound, great feel in the hand. It never crashes. Oh...and it's a first class messenger too.
    To each their own. We all have all these different choices for phones because we are all different people, with different needs and interests. Its kind of funny how my friends joke around and say Blackberry sucks or its dying, but it does the job better then anything else could for my needs personally. Personally I am not in the stage of my life where I need my phone to be a fun innovative multimedia center. Besides my phone, the mp3 function on the Blackberry is pretty good.

Feedback Score
    The MP3 player on my 9650 is...great! I usually use earphones, but there are times it's nice to have very good sound coming out of the BB's speaker. Always amazes me. One wouldn't think this to be kind to one's ears. For what it is, the BB does very well. I've not heard better sound from any other phone.

Device(s)
    A lot of them
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I went from the iPhone 3g to the Bold 9700, Torch 9800 and may go to the Skyrocket, or the LTE iphone. Since I'm on AT&T with an unlimited data plan, I'll be throttled anyway.
    BlackBerry Pin: 7be6f3d8 New BBM App on iPhone 5S YAY!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I'll say it again; until Google can prove to me that their OS is secure and reliable then I won't be giving Android another go. It didn't take me long to get fed up with spontaneous reboots & overheating issues with the Nexus I tried out last year, and these seem to be very common complaints for Android powered phones.

Earlier this year a survey was carried out amongst nearly all European carriers that ranked Android as dead last in the reliaility stakes. BlackBerry placed first. Not only that but it was estimated it was costing those carriers and EXTRA 2B Euros per year in warranty and service handling. Recently Android was pegged last for security with BlackBerry again the clear leader in that regard.

At one point I thought that grass might be greener, now I'm even more convinced that BlackBerry is the only phone/OS that can possibly give me the reliability and security I need. So I can't play Angry Birds on my phone. Big whoop. I can do 100% of what I need and want on my RIM products and I can't see any possible reason to change.

If Google can get to the stage where I can rely on their their products for something more than how many apps an OS has or how sexy the phone looks then I'll give them another go. Until then, I'll stick with what I consider to be the absolute best product out there.

Feedback Score
    Well said. I even like the 9650 keyboard.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3gs 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just moved from my old iPhone to a 9900. All my friends have BBM and I love how easy it is to do emails with the Bold.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I went from Android to my first BB the STYLE which was BB6 and was sold. Sorry, I don't have a phone to play games but to do things and while it is not perfect, BB does it for me. I usually have 2 phones a primary and a back up. I could go back to an iPhone or stay with WP7 as a secondary, but for the foreseeable future it is BB, come on bring on the BB10's.
    Phone OS's used: iOS; Android; BB 6,7,10; WP 7,7.5,8
    Current phone OS's: iPhone 6 (Sprint), iPhone 7+ (AT&T)

Carrier(s)
    Fido with $50 unlimited GPRS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had an iPhone went to Blackberry and then switched to IPhone...but just a few days switched back to a blackberry 9900. I found myself missing my BBM, but also missing the physical keyboard. I am less about my phone playing games or some silly app and more about messaging on my phone and accessing email. Blackberry still has a great platform for messaging that Iphone cannot rival. I do have an Ipad for doing other stuff, so maybe that is why I ditched the Iphone and went back to the BB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgethegreek View Post
    I had an iPhone went to Blackberry and then switched to IPhone...but just a few days switched back to a blackberry 9900. I found myself missing my BBM, but also missing the physical keyboard. I am less about my phone playing games or some silly app and more about messaging on my phone and accessing email. Blackberry still has a great platform for messaging that Iphone cannot rival. I do have an Ipad for doing other stuff, so maybe that is why I ditched the Iphone and went back to the BB
    Agreed with you totally. The iPad you have is pretty much an oversized iPhone you can use for your fun, capable of doing even more I suppose.

Carrier(s)
    Telusmobility
    Feedback Score
    Blackberry Pearl to iPhone 16gb 3GS to HTC Desire HD.

I have used all three now. I have played with the 4S and it doesn't impress me.
    I have played with the BB9900 and the phone is really slick, the OS is much easier to navigate, but the lack of apps and fun stuff makes me cringe.
    I have owned my HTC Desire HD for a little over a year now I think, and I wouldn't say it's the best phone I've ever had, but it definitely does this for me:

It strikes a balance between restrictiveness and functionality.

1) The iPhone was and is an excellent media device. It pairs the ease of iPod music sync with iTunes. As much as I personally hate iTunes, it is _THE_ easiest non-tech software solution for synchronizing music. (HTC Sync is probably second best, then blackberry, then LG then Samsung)

The Blackberry has the best email features bar-none. No messy configuration settings because your email provider won't let you send on the carrier network. The BIS service adding of email simplifies even the simplest feature. Adding the stupid email to the phone. Try adding a shaw/comcast email onto an iPhone if you've never done it before. Same thing with android, still have to play with stuff.

3) Android lets you do everything decently, but nothing superbly. It has limitations in the media area, that are only solvable by application add-on after the fact.

If I was to give a possibility of me going back to Blackberry (I still like suretype more than iPhone or HTC's current rendition of auto-correct/suggestions), I would have to say no. Unless there is some massive shift in their resources to go one direction or another, and stop trying to play both sides of the market (Consumer/Business). They need to focus in one area. Blackberry's made their name as a premiere business device. Then the iPhone came in and they thought, "Hey... we can do that too." And the devices started to require more and more "STUFF" to run on the limited memory. When you get email, you don't need 3D Capabilities, you don't need to be able to draw textures, you don't need the accelerometers to tell you when your phone is turned over so it puts it on speakerphone (though it is a nice feature). I'm sure there are other directions they probably should have gone, but history is history. They might as well re-think their strategy of the RIM brand, and go from there. Stop trying to be Apple. It's not working.

- My $0.02 (OOPS NO MORE PENNIES!)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast