Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anyone come back to BB after iPhone and android?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Anyone come back to BB after iPhone and android?

Just wanted to see if anyone came back to a blackberry after trying the iPhone or and Android device. If so what brought you back?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by michko View Post
    Just wanted to see if anyone came back to a blackberry after trying the iPhone or and Android device. If so what brought you back?

Only because my work has BB's. ROFL

I wouldn't personally switch back.

Feedback Score
    Don't like the Android at all....so I went back to the BlackBerry.
    iPhone is a different story though, it's fantastic.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have come back and left many times. Once for the iPhone. The keyboard really brought me back, along with things like the LED, the profiles, etc. That is about it. I didn't really use BBM that much, so it was not a deciding factor.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I had a 9800 Torch, switched it for a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, hated the Android with a passion, went back to a 9780, 9780 had a devastating accident involving an ATV, high speed and a gravel road so with all the iPhone hubbub I decided to try it.

That happened last July, I still have the iPhone but I have considered going back to BB at times when my typing looks like a 3 year old's due to typing on a touchscreen.

iPhone is pretty nice. I don't think it's as great as some people make it out to be, I've played with Bold 9900's in stores and I get that longing lost look while touching they keyboard, but it goes away pretty quickly when I look at the lousy games and "fun stuff" or lack thereof for the Blackberry.

Device(s)
    Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Robbers
    Feedback Score
    There is nothing that BB has to offer me over my Android phone... don't miss the keyboard, don't miss the slowness/freezing of the BB, don't miss the lack of apps, don't miss the small screen, don't miss BBM.

My Galaxy Nexus gives me everything that I need in a phone. Amazing email support for gmail, and IMAP accounts, far better screen and touchscreen technology, faster, more memory, more apps, multiple keyboard support (swipe, etc), better integration with GMail.

Android and iPhone > currently available BB's... there is just no comparison, they do everything and more then a BB and a whole lot better.

BB would really have to wow me to even be considered as a future device

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Chatr Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wife has android and i'm not a fan at all. Iphone's are not for me. Had a iphone 4 and i didn't see what all the hype was about. I don't need a 100,000 farting apps or beer drinking apps. BB has everything i need. The Keyboard and bbm is awesome. Once I found out the full potential of BBM especially with BBM groups I don't think I will ever leave BB.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I've tried both android and iphone. BB's LED, ringer profiles, and stability/reliability brought me back quite quickly lol. Also for some reason push email works better on bb...
    Managed to get Mobilicity to act and improve on 4 items.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Ironically I would have never have left BB except for the fact they didn't play very well with a Mac (you needed a 3rd party program to sync - I'm not sure if that's changed or if its just done over air now, I've never bothered to check). At this point I can't think of any reason why I would go back.

Device(s)
    Apple
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I had 5 Android and 1 WP7 and came back to my BB and am happier then ever.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.5.27452/27.1407; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

I owned a Blackberry once... back in the day. I've tried some of the newer models. I've also tried the iPhone. Android offers everything I could ever want.

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    I use my Torch almost exclusively these days. My Nexus S is a major data pig, and uses about 10x the amount my BB does. I'm tired of it. The app permissions are insane for many of them, even the paid ones. It seems I'm paying Google to spy on my life, and paying for the data they use as well. And yes, I know I can turn off background data, but that neuters it for basic functions.

Other than that, it's a decent device. There are just too many hassles to use as a daily driver. I won't buy another one. Ever.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 , Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless / U.S.Cellular
    Feedback Score

Smile

I have the 9930 and i also got a Droid Razr Maxx a few months back. The Blackberry 9930 blows the socks off the Razr Maxx as far as emails and texts go. The Browser on the Razr Maxx is better than the Blackberry and i have not had to do a reset on the Droid since i got it about three months ago. If email and texting is your thing then get the Blackberry. I am a long time Blackberry user until i got the Maxx and these just my opinions and some one else may tell you some thing other than what i have said. The new Blackberry 10 when it gets here may put Blackberry back in the running i hope it does. The two CEO'S Blackberry had just didn't keep up with the market and that is a shame because Blackberry make's a very good phone. I guess i need to add both phones are on Verizon.
    Jerry

Join uscc April 17 2004. Samsung Galaxy Note II , Galaxy Note 4 , Galaxy S 5

Verizon on 7/2011 Droid Razr Maxx , Droid 4 , Samsung Galaxy Note III

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Khalid View Post
    Wife has android and i'm not a fan at all. Iphone's are not for me. Had a iphone 4 and i didn't see what all the hype was about. I don't need a 100,000 farting apps or beer drinking apps. BB has everything i need. The Keyboard and bbm is awesome. Once I found out the full potential of BBM especially with BBM groups I don't think I will ever leave BB.
    Wow! you really think iOS/Android is all about farting/beer drinking apps?
    Business Apps: Bloomberg, Reuters (Pro, Marketplace), Mint.com, ALL banking apps not sites, investor apps, Cisco Receiver, Sharepoint working properly in the browser (and not paying for it),
    Audio Composition/Production apps: create your own beats, import midi/wave tracks, LEARN playing Guitar/Bass directly & interactively.
    Email/Contacts/Calendar: More than one account at a time!! Book Meeting Rooms & Resources (Exchange 2007/2010)!

^ thats just a few that I can blink at for BOTH platforms. BBM ... overrated except for a handful of features, in a few months it won't be unique any longer - and it doesn't matter what you figure out how to use with it, it'll be powerless without enough users in your team/personal life that use its features.

As you can see ... I've left BlackBerry for a while now - both for personal use and also for work. I honestly believe that all my BB certifications will be useless in just 10mths (anyone else notice that 8mths ago RIM stopped certification for anything RIM related?!)
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ^ Stick a fork in them they're done

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast