Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: FREE! Nokia 900 4G, has AT&T gone bonkers?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerRuling View Post
    Windows Phones were not overlooked based on features/etc earlier..they were overlooked because they were either in a dusty old display in the back corner of the store that you had to mill through displays and sales reps trying to get you into Android/iOS to get too, or they were buried in the recesses of the sales sites behind huge banners and promotions for iOS and Android devices.

I got to agree on this one - Microsoft had enough money and power to get the backing of a carrier finally. The average consumer doesn't want to have to be a phone expert - They rely on media/sales reps/etc to tell them what they want so the best selling devices are always gonna be the ones that sellers are pushing assuming the price is right which it definitely looks like it is lol.
    Between the spiffs that Micro$oft will pay the sales force, all the in-store training, and getting a phone into the pockets of any evangelist they can find. Lots of signage and displays in the stores, you bet this is going to be a big launch. Nokia has all their marbles resting on this launch. Remember the Palm Pre anyone? One big failure would doom Nokia. So look at them to come out swinging.

And you can bet that AT&T would love to have another strong player to contend with Apple and Samsung as a device supplier.

Because as the AT&T deal shows, system operators are looking for another platform to help them in their battles with Apple and the big Android-makers such as Samsung over who gets what piece of the pie. Analysts estimate that AT&T will subsidize each Nokia Lumia selling for $99 to the tune of $350. That's a major commitment by AT&T, but it makes sense when you compare it to the $450 subsidy that AT&T pays Apple on the cheapest iPhone 4S at $199 with a two-year contract. Even if the Lumia doesn’t drive a lot of sales at AT&T, it would be worth it to the company if Nokia's new phones put enough pressure on Apple to reduce that subsidy.

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post...8-8dc4deef4525

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    It'll be hard to swing the most hardcore iOS or Android fans to WP7 but approximately 50% of Americans still use regular feature phones. The entrance price for a relatively high end device that looks/feels good might entice some first time smartphone shoppers.

I'm an Android fan first even though I believe that iOS is the most stable and smooth mobile OS I've ever used on a smartphone. That said I'm going to get one of these anyways to try one out. I'll just find an old USB modem to upgrade on one of my colleagues lines. I like the scratch resistant body materials.

I agree it appears that Microsoft will be pouring tons of money on this marketing campaign to the likes we haven't seen in a long long time.

The only app that I'd miss religiously would be Pandora but I think I'll be okay with Spotify and Slacker.

AT&T's LTE network is the fastest outdoor wireless service I've ever used so I'm eager to try this.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    So I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered by cyan Nokia Lumia 900 from Amazon for $119.99, no sales tax with my existing plan. We have some 4G LTE here in Los Angeles, though they don't provide detailed maps of exactly where.

Walmart wanted $79.99 with a low priced plan, $49.99 for a high priced plan. Plus CA sales tax, so the total would have been about $117 with my low priced plan.

AT&T wanted $99.00 plus CA sales tax on the $500+ "retail" price, bringing it to about $140.

Delivery is promised for April 11, seems Amazon is all ready back-ordered.

AT&T said they'll waive the $36 upgrade charge since I've been such a "good" customer. And I can keep my $30 unlimited data plan, I have to ask for it back when I call in to activate.

Its a bummer about Pandora, but I Heart Radio is available, and they have a Pandora-like feature.

And there are a couple of Pandora API apps out there for Windows Phone 7 http://www.wpcentral.com/pandora-app...-working-again

Device(s)
    Lumia 800, Iphone 4
    Feedback Score
    Anybody know if Nokia Music/Mix Radio is available yet in North America?

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF View Post
    Yawn all you want, but actually, I was exaggerating, BlackBerry is selling considerably better than Windows Phone, which is buried under "Other".

Yes, thank you for the Apple propaganda, now go back to writing for the Cult of Mac or some other strangely fanatical about Apple site.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA View Post
    It's an awesome deal, thanks! However, the tax on it for CA will be $32.62 (at least in my zip of 95470), still a great deal.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Yes, thank you for the Apple propaganda, now go back to writing for the Cult of Mac or some other strangely fanatical about Apple site.
    Good jab! But if the 900 can't parse phone numbers and addresses from an email, back it goes! In this day and age all smartphones need to be smart and not just revenue machines.

TMO had adverts in the notifications bar, and it went over like a lead brick, but TMO listened and away they went out the window. If ATT does it, my new to be 900 will be in the Rock creek notifying piranha!
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    It's an awesome deal, thanks! However, the tax on it for CA will be $32.62 (at least in my zip of 95470), still a great deal.
    Well, you do have a note, so.....

I didn't see tax on the phone in MD, but it might be added in my first bill.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Good jab! But if the 900 can't parse phone numbers and addresses from an email, back it goes! In this day and age all smartphones need to be smart and not just revenue machines.
    Didn't Apple sue HTC over this, because the HTC Android phones can do this, but Apple holds the patent on it?

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    Didn't Apple sue HTC over this, because the HTC Android phones can do this, but Apple holds the patent on it?
    If so, be glad Apple didn't patent the car, we would all be taking the iBus!

Btw, did you know why Android phones don't have a tab key? MS has a patent for that!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    If so, be glad Apple didn't patent the car, we would all be taking the iBus!

Btw, did you know why Android phones don't have a tab key? MS has a patent for that!
    I thought Google was just following Apple!
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danny.boi View Post
    It'll be hard to swing the most hardcore iOS or Android fans to WP7 but approximately 50% of Americans still use regular feature phones.
    Most of the 48% that use Android aren't hardcore users. Average users that get stuck with a bad version of Android will also be a candidate to switch to an OS that has more quality control.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Most of the 48% that use Android aren't hardcore users. Average users that get stuck with a bad version of Android will also be a candidate to switch to an OS that has more quality control.
    I liked my original iPhone. loved my Google Nexus One, and really looking forward to having a flagship phone like the Lumia 900. Once I get over the different quirks of a new operating system (and I'm using Windows 8 on my PC right now, with the Metro interface) I'm sure I'll love the camera, the speed, and the $119 no sales tax price!

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well here we go, don't have what they sell!

hank you for your recent order, we value and appreciate your business!
    The items in your order are currently out of stock and will be shipped when inventory becomes
    available. When the items in your order ship, we'll send you an email with the ship tracking number(s).
    Order Number: K004-O-XXXXXXXX
    or call (877) 782-8870 and enter XXXXXXXXXX when prompted for the order number.

Item
    Description
    Item ID Ordered Shipped Tracking Number
    Nokia NOK 900 BLK PHONE XXXX 1 0
    Various SIM XXXXX 1 0
    Last edited by CA; 03-31-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast