Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: When is the Sierra Wireless AirCard 763S going to be released?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Damn it! That is very disappointing news. Is there an unbranded version available for purchase?

Can you confirm whether this hotspot will work with European HSPA+ frequencies? Will the Sierra Wireless 754S extended battery work for this hotspot?
    Hi Sgt_Strider, these are only available through the carrier.

As well, the 76xS and 75xS batteries are different.

The batteries will soon be available for purchase through sierrawireless.com

Cheers,
    AirCard Social Team

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That's great to hear, thank you for posting!

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The difference between the AC754S and A763S are as follows:

763S radio receives and sends on the 2600MHz LTE band, the 754S does not contain this band. It was added by the carriers to expand on their LTE footprint and bandwidth for users, and the newer AirCard takes advantage of this frequency, so you'll have faster LTE in more places.

Unlocking will have to be confirmed by the carrier.

Thanks for your questions!

AirCard Social Team

--
    @AirCard on Twitter

Feedback Score
    Where do you get the info for unlocking it...

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ^Check out DC Unlocker; should cost like $10 to unlock it.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    How is everyone liking the AirCard Mobile Hotspot as a device?

Download the FREE AirCard® Watcher mobile app for your smartphone or tablet by clicking here.

--

Connect with AirCard on Facebook
    Connect with AirCard on Twitter

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    AirCard_Social,

Greetings.

I am simply loving it! One bug with current Android version of the AirCard Watcher app though: it appears the WCDMA ALL and LTE ALL cannot be selected in Region/Band selection menu.
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I am enjoying mine, however unfortunately Sunday during Thanksgiving dinner, the hotspot somehow took a spill off a high shelf (not plugged into wall) and landed in the dog's water dish below. I panicked and pulled it out really quickly, and 24 hours later with the battery taken out and both the hotspot (with the battery cover on) and battery placed in a sealed bag of rice, everything seems fine... I've been testing it thoroughly today to make sure. I'm relieved, because I just signed a 3-year contract to get it over a month ago, and wasn't really looking forward to repurchasing it again outright.

One thing I would like to find is the desktop charging cradle that goes with the 763S -- I'm thinking it might help give it more weight (less likely to fall from any surfaces while it's corded for the wall plug) and it supposedly boosts the signal a bit? Which I could definitely use while inside (concrete walls). But I can't find it anywhere in person at any Rogers Plus stores, I guess the only place to order it is from Sierra Wireless directly? Kind of wish I could see it for myself first.

Edit: Actually the charging cradle for the 763S doesn't look like it's orderable through the Sierra Wireless website. Where would one purchase it?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HC - NO "i" View Post
    AirCard_Social,

Greetings.

I am simply loving it! One bug with current Android version of the AirCard Watcher app though: it appears the WCDMA ALL and LTE ALL cannot be selected in Region/Band selection menu.
    I've asked the product manager to look into this for you.
    To confirm, you are using the AC763 on the Telus network?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XciteMatz View Post
    I am enjoying mine, however unfortunately Sunday during Thanksgiving dinner, the hotspot somehow took a spill off a high shelf (not plugged into wall) and landed in the dog's water dish below. I panicked and pulled it out really quickly, and 24 hours later with the battery taken out and both the hotspot (with the battery cover on) and battery placed in a sealed bag of rice, everything seems fine... I've been testing it thoroughly today to make sure. I'm relieved, because I just signed a 3-year contract to get it over a month ago, and wasn't really looking forward to repurchasing it again outright.

One thing I would like to find is the desktop charging cradle that goes with the 763S -- I'm thinking it might help give it more weight (less likely to fall from any surfaces while it's corded for the wall plug) and it supposedly boosts the signal a bit? Which I could definitely use while inside (concrete walls). But I can't find it anywhere in person at any Rogers Plus stores, I guess the only place to order it is from Sierra Wireless directly? Kind of wish I could see it for myself first.

Edit: Actually the charging cradle for the 763S doesn't look like it's orderable through the Sierra Wireless website. Where would one purchase it?
    Phew, close call there!

Thanks for your interest in our accessories. Unfortunately the desktop charging cradle product is no longer being produced for the North American market at this time. I will let you know if future plans to produce this ever arise. Otherwise, I may have some demo models at the end of the year I can distribute free of charge so keep in touch here.

Right now the MIMO Antenna and Replacement battery are the only available accessories for the AC763: Our E-Store

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AirCard_Social View Post
    Phew, close call there!

Thanks for your interest in our accessories. Unfortunately the desktop charging cradle product is no longer being produced for the North American market at this time. I will let you know if future plans to produce this ever arise. Otherwise, I may have some demo models at the end of the year I can distribute free of charge so keep in touch here.

Right now the MIMO Antenna and Replacement battery are the only available accessories for the AC763: Our E-Store
    Do you guys have some kind of rugged case that fits on the HotSpots to protect it from drops?

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Despite having the 754S I just recently purchased the 763S due to the fact that the Sierra Wireless site indicated 763S is on the 26oo Mhz LTE band; yet the rogers site indicates 1700/2100 and 2600 MHz; can you please clarify?

What are the pros and cons of the 2 models?
    I am also trying to purchase the LTE mobile hotspot; is it available in NA..?

http://www.sierrawireless.com/en/pro...rCard763S.aspx

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...041+4294935513

http://www.sierrawireless.com/en/pro...rCard760S.aspx

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS: TELUS site indicates 1700 and 2600 MHz; confused??
    http://www.telusmobility.com/en/QC/s...3s/index.shtml

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    1700/2100 come together (there is no separating them = AWS). The 763 in Canada all support AWS + 2600.

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AirCard_Social View Post
    I've asked the product manager to look into this for you.
    To confirm, you are using the AC763 on the Telus network?
    AirCard_Social,

Thank you.

I am using the unlocked AC763S originated from Bell i.e. loaded with firmware for Bell.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HC - NO "i" View Post
    AirCard_Social,

Thank you.

I am using the unlocked AC763S originated from Bell i.e. loaded with firmware for Bell.
    But what carrier are you using?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast