Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: I Hate Apollo

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    " Cannot find server or DNS Error - Internet Explorer "

[hulk] Im gettting angrrrrrry [/hulk]

On a side note
    I agree with clancy, the whole faxing thing is so outdated. If we could do the activation ourselves without even talking to a client rep 1. It would free up reps for customers to talk to 2. It would cut down on our time to do renewals 3. We wouldn't have to do so much extra work.

Cmon TELUS make the future friendly for us dealers too!!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7100i
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Apollo is down again right now!!! This sucks.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7100i
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by -LL-
    " Cannot find server or DNS Error - Internet Explorer "

[hulk] Im gettting angrrrrrry [/hulk]

On a side note
    I agree with clancy, the whole faxing thing is so outdated. If we could do the activation ourselves without even talking to a client rep 1. It would free up reps for customers to talk to 2. It would cut down on our time to do renewals 3. We wouldn't have to do so much extra work.

Cmon TELUS make the future friendly for us dealers too!!
    Amen to that!!

Feedback Score
    Ya it is messy today!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7100i
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Super messy. It's taken me 3 hours to activate 2 phones.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    hate seeing Apollo down. i don't know why does the technical guys from telus always do maintanence during the day. why can't they do it at night?

lost couple of potential sales and casuses alot of troubles for me today.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Becuz there lazy!!!!!! They rather drink beer and laugh at us!!!
    Current Phone: Blackberry Bold 2: 9700 Bell Mobility..

Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Eternity
    hate seeing Apollo down. i don't know why does the technical guys from telus always do maintanence during the day. why can't they do it at night?

lost couple of potential sales and casuses alot of troubles for me today.
    Why do you lose sales when Apollo is down? Can't the customer come back later? Can you not deliver the phone to the customer later? Are you not able to offer them something special for their patience?

I understand that sometimes you will have clients who either get it right there and right then or they are going to leave, but most often it can wait.

A sale is either a sale or not a sale. You cannot lose a potential sale. You can however give them away.
    TELUS Mobility
    the future is friendly

Device(s)
    :. i830 .:
    Carrier(s)
    :. MiKE .:.
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by couchpotato
    Ive seen that in action too... When she wasn't looking, I wrote down the URL for home use later... No luck. I am assuming it was because I didn't have those DOS programs running maybe? OR my poopy IP was rejected...
    It's because the link was for the telus intranet, not on the internet.. same goes for clarity and the source, you can't access them unless you have authorization

Originally posted by clancy
    Lastly, for all you Telus Employee's, while we are talking about Apollo can you put in a good idea for someone to add recontract letters on the Apollo site I mean we can do everything else why not have the ability to print off the recontracts right on the page. Faxing is caveman technoligy why do we need to do it? I can see faxing back a signature but instead of waiting to get through to a CSR, then waiting for elegibility, then waiting for the fax to come through, then throwing out 4 of the 5 pages of the fax because you only need the 4th one anyway.... Let us print the form off of the site.. we can have the customer out the door in half the time and we look like we are keeping up with todays technoligy.... sounds like a win - win for everyone dosent it?
    I don't know about Apollo since I only have access to Mercury, but the Offer Management program soon to be implemented in Corp Stores is such a good idea! No more faxes since current clients can resign through a Mercury-type app.

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    myself, as a customer who maybe doesn't understand the system...

When I walk in to buy a phone I've likely been reasearching or planning for a long time, I want to leave with the phone working. Although I can appreciate that the dealer doesn't have control over a lot of factors, I think it's an important part of telus's service. I wouldn't really consider going directly to a competator, but to other customers I'm sure it doesn't really matter to then WHO they go with.

I consider a gift or other bonus from the dealer to be a minor consolation. As a consumber I see telus as a single entity, from the dealers straight up to the actual cell service, to the backend system. I know that it isn't the case, but from customer service prospective is does little good to tell me that the fault lies in another area of the company.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by estrelas
    I don't know about Apollo since I only have access to Mercury, but the Offer Management program soon to be implemented in Corp Stores is such a good idea! No more faxes since current clients can resign through a Mercury-type app.
    I've been told the dealer channel should have a program via the partners site to do re-contracting offers in August. I hate faxes.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by DarrenGuy
    I've been told the dealer channel should have a program via the partners site to do re-contracting offers in August. I hate faxes.
    The west has had an online submission tool for a few years that is much more sophisticated than the East's Forms submission, but eligibility was still determined through a faxed letter.

The enhancement in mid August takes it a step further to completely automate the renewal qualification/processing/submission. I am very excited with the functionality it has to offer. You will be too.

That being said, I am quite sure that today's interruptions to Partners/Apollo were probably directly related to implementation/testing of the aforementioned tool. (mentioned this to you today, DarrenGuy) A bit painful today I know, but they are always working on making Partners a more powerful portal whereby we can serve our clients better than before, and better than our competition. Just imagine how much easier renewals will be once the new tool is up and online!!

Extreme circumstances aside, there is no reason why Apollo being down should cause you to loose a sale. Going above and beyond to complete the client's request (maybe not right that moment, but later in the day/next day and following up with the client with a phonecall or delivery in person) will probably even be recognized by the client, enhancing his/her client experience and probably your job satisfaction, too. (side note: many clients don't even expect the phone/device can be active right away, and ask "when will I be able to use it? tomorrow?" I'm sure you have all heard that one more than once.)

Although if you choose to be cynical about it, you can take the "sorry it's down" approach, in which case the client will be disappointed, you may loose the sale, and you'll be pi$$ed off. Of course, there are always extreme cases, but in most cases, getting the phone right that second is not a dire emergency, and clients will be happy that you go out of your way to get done what they need done.

I had a request today that I need Partners/Client Mgmt for, wasn't able to do it right away, explained to the client that I would need to do a bit more thorough investigation to ensure she was set up as per her SA and that she was being billed correctly. She was pleased that I was taking the extra effort to ensure that her account was set up correctly, and thanked me very much when I got back to her at the end of the day by email followed by a phonecall to thank her for her patience.

Every challenge is an opportunity

Feedback Score
    I give credit to TELUS for creating the best dealer portal out there. It beats Bell and Rogers hands down. We can do most transactions on our portal. Bell was very stable with their Infonet application, however it is limited in what it can do.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by seanb
    myself, as a customer who maybe doesn't understand the system...

When I walk in to buy a phone I've likely been reasearching or planning for a long time, I want to leave with the phone working. Although I can appreciate that the dealer doesn't have control over a lot of factors, I think it's an important part of telus's service. I wouldn't really consider going directly to a competator, but to other customers I'm sure it doesn't really matter to then WHO they go with.

I consider a gift or other bonus from the dealer to be a minor consolation. As a consumber I see telus as a single entity, from the dealers straight up to the actual cell service, to the backend system. I know that it isn't the case, but from customer service prospective is does little good to tell me that the fault lies in another area of the company.
    I appreciate your comments. But Sean, it used to always take a few hours to get a phone activated, with our old systems. Perhaps your dealer should not tell you "TELUS' activations system is down again, you're going to have to wait" but "TELUS is currently doing some system maintenance to serve you better. I can have your handset up and running shortly, but with these enhancements it may take a bit longer than usual. Meanwhile, I'll make sure your battery is all charged up and ready to go when you pick it up. Where can I reach you to let you know when everything's ready?." It's just a different attitude, I know, but one way says "too bad" and the other way says "i'll get everything ready for you as soon as I can."

I disagree with your demand for compensation. Nowhere does it guarantee that an activation will be completed within a certain period of time... like I siad, it used to take hours on most old systems. On DSS it sometimes took days!! Of course, standards are raised in today's world, but even still... I think a demand for compensation is a bit much except for perhaps the most extreme of circumstances, or where a commitment was made to have it activated within a given period of time, but that committment was not delivered.

Hope you can appreciate my comments.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by DarrenGuy
    I give credit to TELUS for creating the best dealer portal out there. It beats Bell and Rogers hands down. We can do most transactions on our portal. Bell was very stable with their Infonet application, however it is limited in what it can do.
    My take on technology:

increased functionality = decreased stability
    increased stability = decreased functionality

Have to find a happy medium. And by the time all functionality has been completely stabilized, your users will be screaming for even more functionality. And so the cycle begins again.

Am I right?

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast