Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Largest Screen 4G Android Phone for VZW?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question Largest Screen 4G Android Phone for VZW?

I have a Moto Droid (Original), that's getting a bit long in the tooth, time to get a new one. I like the Apple iPhone 4S, but it's not 4G, and it has a not terribly big screen. I have big fingers, no way around that. I can sort of use the Droid (3.7") in screen mode, but the keyboard is much easier (fewer errors), but I reckon if I could get something bigger, then that would be the way to go, particularly if it had Swype or equivalent. I had a look at the VZW smartphones online, it looked really a bit pathetic, what I'd really like is something like the Galaxy Note (5.3"):

http://www.samsung.com/global/micros...html?type=find

But it does not seem to be available for VZW. So a couple of questions:

1. What is the largest scren phone for VZW?
    2. Is there a way to get a Galazy Note and use it on VZW?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Feedback Score
    Currently, the largest available phone for VZW is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus with a 4.65" screen.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sam...us-CDMA_id6135

As far as getting the Galaxy Note to work on Verizon, I don't think it would work as Verizon requires a CDMA capable phone and the note uses GSM.

Check out the Galaxy Nexus, it's really nice (but too big for me). Runs Android ICS and is super fast on the 4G LTE network.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just upgraded from my 2+ year old original Motorola Droid to a Samsung Galaxy Nexus last night, then stayed up most of the evening getting apps loaded and configured. So far, the phone is great and the screen is fantastic. It's a huge upgrade from the original Droid

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I would look at that, the Rezound and the Maxx. The Note will probably be there in six months. My guess.

I like my Bionic, too, but I want a Note.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As others have said, technically the Galaxy Nexus has the largest screen of any device (4G or 3G) on Verizon at 4.65". But since the onscreen navigation buttons are present 99% of the time, the actual amount of usable space on the screen is comparable to 4.3". If you're running the stock OS, just about the only time that the navigation buttons on the Galaxy Nexus disappear and the entire screen gets used is when watching videos. In terms of literal size, the screens on the Rezound, Razr, and Razr Maxx have the same amount of real estate as the Galaxy Nexus in most situations (although the resolution of the Galaxy Nexus and the Rezound are both higher than the Razr and Razr Maxx).

That said, I definitely feel that the Galaxy Nexus is by far the best of the bunch. But if the Galaxy Note, or some kind of improved variant with the same screen size, should ever make its way to Verizon, I'll seriously have to consider making the switch. There were some rumors awhile back about a Galaxy Journal (a variant of the Note) possibly coming to Verizon (or Sprint), but beyond that, I haven't heard anything more about a version of the Note coming to Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Technically the LG Spectrum has the largest screen at 4.5" since the Galaxy Nexus has only 4.3" with the onscreen buttons.

Sent from my R800x using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    Technically the LG Spectrum has the largest screen at 4.5" since the Galaxy Nexus has only 4.3" with the onscreen buttons.
    Well, technically (which means going by actual specs) the Galaxy Nexus screen is larger, but in practical, everyday use, you're right that the LG Spectrum has the largest usable area of any phone on Verizon. I had completely forgotten about the Spectrum. LG phones have a tendency to be easily forgotten, even though the Spectrum does have more than decent specs.

Feedback Score
    when watching videos the screen is in full mode 4.65" screen

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Besides the rumoured GNote ccum Journal, there are also rumors of a D4G MAXX HD for Summer release with a major display upgrade from the sickly D4 screen.

Also, vzw is very likely implementing the new $30 "upgrade fee" now so it will be in place for the new units it plans to announce in May.

Perspective instantiates reality.
    [From DX by HoFo app.]
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    Besides the rumoured GNote ccum Journal, there are also rumors of a D4G MAXX HD for Summer release with a major display upgrade from the sickly D4 screen.

Also, vzw is very likely implementing the new $30 "upgrade fee" now so it will be in place for the new units it plans to announce in May.

[From DX by HoFo app.]
    The $30 early upgrade fee doesn't apply to people who upgrade to a No Contract plan.

Sent from my DROID3 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    The $30 early upgrade fee doesn't apply to people who upgrade to a No Contract plan.
    Not sure how that relates to my post. Most people getting newly announced phones renew their contract to do so.

Will those whose contract expired and who did not re-up -- people out-of-contract -- be forced to pay the fee if they re-sign for a new phone?

[From DX by HoFo app.]
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 04-16-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My bad, I had the thread topics mixed up. Check your inbox @TC Mits.

Sent from my DROID3 using HowardForums
    Last edited by akhi216; 04-16-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    I had completely forgotten about the Spectrum. LG phones have a tendency to be easily forgotten...
    I will never forget my LG VX9800 "V" vzw flagship of its time. Best phone I ever had. LG will be back, I believe... especially if Moto winds up going to Baby Huey or whomever.

Speaking of which... anyone know where that 3"x4" (=5" diag.) LG Optimus Vu is headed? Wasn't that one LCD non PenTile?

[From DX by HoFo app.]
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 04-16-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Off-topic. Disregard.

Device(s)
    LG Dare vx9700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i wonder if verizon will get the s3?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast