Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lg Esteem Sim Card?

Feedback Score

Lg Esteem Sim Card?

I just bought this phone used from someone and it does not have the Sim Card. ny idea where I can buy one and how much does it cost?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Looks like it's called a UICC CARD and it might be specific for each phone. I hope there is a way to fix this if not I might be out of my hard earned money?

Feedback Score
    No replies anyone? Looks like the phone is still activated as well, I need to wait till the phone cancels itself before I can even use it.......

Someone out there must know how I can cancel an account and get a UICC CARD for this phone.....

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    ouch u just did a big oopsie u might of bought a stolen phone since its still activated,Let me guess the person u bought it off wont answer his phone anymore? Theres no reason why people should remove the uicc card from the phone theres no need to keep it and u cant use it on any other phone i think too many people are naive about the uicc card they think its a simcard that stores contacts data on the card and it dosnt. If i was u i would take it to a corporate store explain to them the siutation and see if they can order u a new uicc card , since ive heard that the new phones with the new uicc cards can have thier cards replaced im not 100% sure but u can verify that.
    Last edited by n4zty; 03-06-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Feedback Score
    Sorry Charlie u should always do Ur research b4 u buy anything. Metro was smart this Is not a SIM card but a UICC card. This phone will not function without It & u cannot get a replacement card. My advise sell It again 2 somebody who doesn't know any better or 4 parts. "U GOT GOT"

Sent from my LG-MS910 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Research?

I never knew this phone had a sim card as I have never owned an Esteem. It's something I found out the hard way, also yeah the person will not answer the phone and I'm out of $200

I will try to go to the corporate store today to see if they can do anything, I just cannot understand why someone would do this.....

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    i feel bad for u bud but your not the only one that has been scammed this way. If this guy contacted you through a landline house phone you could try to reverse search his phone to see where he lives. I use this site for that.

http://www.whitepages.com/

actually send me his number through private message ill see what i can do for ya.

Lol check ur inbox again.
    Last edited by n4zty; 03-06-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Device(s)
    All of the above, & a MagicJack too.
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Sadly the newer phones can exchange cards but the Esteem was the older version and cannot. The only way to replace the SIM is to replace the whole phone. Sucks, but unfortunately that is the case. Sorry. Not sure but you may still be able to use it as a PDA type of thing though, using WiFi or something. Not sure, but could be worth a shot to try... It does still have a nice camera & GPS in it, not to mention a big screen.
    Remember, where ever you go, there you are.http://www.howardforums.com/images/smilies/saaad.gif
    The future is only a past that has yet to be in the present, which was a future in the past.
    http://www.howardforums.com/images/s...llo.gif:micro:

Feedback Score
    LG ESTEEM SIM CARD NEWS!!!!! I had my sim card distroyed by LG (long story) and it was their fault and I have proof and they have admitted their ways. BUT BUT BUT persistance pays off. SO FAR, I went back to MetroPCS a number of times and JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE MGR!!! They have ORDERED A NEW SIM CARD!!! OMG WOW! SO, I shoud have it this week. If it works, we will now be able to replace the SIM card and everyone missing theirs should be able to get it. I will keep ya posted!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzygrace View Post
    LG ESTEEM SIM CARD NEWS!!!!! I had my sim card distroyed by LG (long story) and it was their fault and I have proof and they have admitted their ways. BUT BUT BUT persistance pays off. SO FAR, I went back to MetroPCS a number of times and JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE MGR!!! They have ORDERED A NEW SIM CARD!!! OMG WOW! SO, I shoud have it this week. If it works, we will now be able to replace the SIM card and everyone missing theirs should be able to get it. I will keep ya posted!
    Any luck getting the card? please let me know im in the exact same boat

Feedback Score
    raiderlos did u buy the phone without a sim card or did you buy the phone from a dealer? if you bought it from the streets without the card you now have a doorstop.if you bought it from a dealer and the card got destroyed,you can get a new card but it will take many phone calls to MPCS and maybe LG deending on what happen to the card.if it was destroyed my LG let me know and i'll tell you what i had to go thur before i got a new one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dpater47 View Post
    raiderlos did u buy the phone without a sim card or did you buy the phone from a dealer? if you bought it from the streets without the card you now have a doorstop.if you bought it from a dealer and the card got destroyed,you can get a new card but it will take many phone calls to MPCS and maybe LG deending on what happen to the card.if it was destroyed my LG let me know and i'll tell you what i had to go thur before i got a new one.
    Thanks for getting back to me i bought it on the street, im embaressed to say i guess i have a 200.00 paper weight or door stop eh? Im hopeing maybe someone will hack in to it or be able to do something with it?? If not im screwed, by a lil 15 boy to top it off

Device(s)
    LG Connect
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I'm afraid the 15 year old kid got you bro, because as dpater said if you bought it off the street with no card, no way of replacing it.

Feedback Score
    from what i heard,how true it is i don't know but one of the reasons for this card not being replaceable was
    to keep people from jumping ship to another carrier and it looks like it's working.the insurance company can get them and regardless of what LG says they can get them but the cards are really under the control of mpcs.

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    i heard the new phones with the new uicc cards can have their uicc cards replaced like the attain and the connect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast