Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Lg. Esteem problems"

Feedback Score

"Lg. Esteem problems"

Hello everybody, If u have a Lg. Esteem u mite have noticed some problems, like freezing up & cutting off. Metro pcs Is aware of the problem & has found out It Is n the Lg. software, It has nothing 2 do with u or metro pcs. Metro has asked us 2 pull the Esteem from r shelves, Lg Is working on a software update, this should b available n another week or so. U should receive a text alert with the link or u can check with ur metro dealer, or go on Lg's Web page.
    Thanks everybody & I hope this helps.
    Sent from my LG-MS910 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    u mean from the first wave of Lg esteem that were rebooting and freezing up? cuz i got my esteem around december 21 and i was lucky enough to have gotten it with the zvb update that didnt have any reboot probs. some people updated to zvb and zvc and still have rebooting probs so if theres another update for thats im glad they working on it for those that are having those reboot/freeze probs.I will also point out one of fellow hofo members that was having that prob was referred by me to install a custom rom i believe the ginger extreme with the 2.0 kernel and his reboots and freeze issue stopped. so i believe ur right ricky its a firmware/os issue than rather a network prob.

Device(s)
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I bought my esteem in early February and have not had
    a single reboot but it did freeze once

Feedback Score
    Not everybody will experience the problem has nothing 2 do with what u did 2 ur phone. This Is a Lg. Issue the r working on It, soon as the update Is available I'll let u know.

Device(s)
    Moto Maxx (XT1225, LG Nexus 5 (LG-D820)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky313 View Post
    Hello everybody, If u have a Lg. Esteem u mite have noticed some problems, like freezing up & cutting off. Metro pcs Is aware of the problem & has found out It Is n the Lg. software, It has nothing 2 do with u or metro pcs. Metro has asked us 2 pull the Esteem from r shelves, Lg Is working on a software update, this should b available n another week or so. U should receive a text alert with the link or u can check with ur metro dealer, or go on Lg's Web site
    Is the update called ICS?

I think that would cure some problems...

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    Lol chazz i guess it dosnt hurt to dream eh

Feedback Score
    As some of you guys know I went through 3 Esteems The first one was fine I happen to notice that it lag on some things, now the second one was a nightmare it rebooted like 30 times a day the third was the one I finally kept it was a refurb manufactured on Dec 14th so the Esteems that were manufactured between October and November were the ones with issues.

Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    I got my Esteem feb 8th, right from the shipment from LG. It came with zvc preloaded and have not had a single problem with reboot.

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    well if it isnt any zv whatever update or ics update i really wonder what type of update is it. i more or less can guarantee its gonna be another firmware update than a os update. metro aint gonna pay for us to get ics update. Probaly will be something like zvd update or something.

Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    It might be that some of the newest Esteems could be running a compatible but modified ZVC. That they found and rename it ZVD. One way to " Keep Those Pesty Rooters Busy" lol

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    Probaly so but you can always downgrade the firmware. i personally im on zvb and disbaled any future updates till the devs release root for future firmwares.

Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    They have root for zvc and clock work mod (just out) themes work but full roms don't yet

Device(s)
    LG Connect
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I just updated mine to ZVC and rooted it and so far so good. Seems to be running better.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wagonis View Post
    I just updated mine to ZVC and rooted it and so far so good. Seems to be running better.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk
    Placebo " lmao" jk

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    alright to confirm what ricky said i found this on the android forums and like i expected its gonna be a zvd update meaning the firmware now in terms of whats been improved or fixed that has not been said but the seems like corporate stores are going to have the update and if u want to get ur updated to the zvd your gonna have to go to the store and get it manually updated through them. Thats right the update will not be over the air update like the previous updates. so if u have ur phone rooted or have a custom rom installed you have no choice but to go stock but then again for people that are having reboots prob thats the least of their probs.

Update ZVD to be released on 3/7/2012

heres what they emailed every corporate store employee.
    "Hello Team,
    You will be receiving a disc labeled “LG Esteem ZVD Download Tool – Do Not Make Copies” shortly. On the disc are 5 folders and a PDF document with instructions on how to install the tool as well as updating the LG Esteem. This tool will be downloaded to the Houdini computer in your store. If you have any questions regarding the PST tool software or the LG Esteem update please contact myself or Ket. Please do not update any devices until Wednesday March 7th, 2012. "

credits to cubandanger05 from the android forum for this. he said hes gonna try to get a copy fo it and release it to the devs to see what they can do with it. so head up ya if ya want this update for whatever reason be prepared to go bare bone stock and straight to a metro corporate store!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast