Thread: Rumor: HTC One X (Quad-Core) Coming To T-Mobile As The G4x? Tegra 3 Ready?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Rumor: HTC One X (Quad-Core) Coming To T-Mobile As The G4x? Tegra 3 Ready?

So here’s a wild rumor that should be of course, be taken with a grain of salt as the boys from Androidandme are reporting that the HTC One X is headed the Magenta way. According to their sources, the T-Mobile version of the HTC One X will sport a Tegra 3 processor that supports T-Mobile’s HSPA+ network. Let us remind you that we’ve already seen the name “G4x” pop up and now Androidandme reports that this name will now belong to the HTC One X. Earlier reports assumed that the LG Optimus 4X HD would become the G4x, now that doesn’t seem to be the case.

The boys at Androidandme appear to be supremely confident in the validity of this rumor and since I consider some of those guys good tech press pals, I’m inclined to believe them. As always however, we’re inclined to urge you to take this rumor, as with all rumors, with a grain of salt until we can getting something a little more concrete.

Fingers crossed for this one to come true.

Feedback Score
    I'd rather have the HTC One V for T-Mobile. But if so many of these new 'One' series phones are supposed to be available for T-Mobile, wouldnt it have made sense to have them all pentaband and support basically each carriers spectrum, including AWS?
    Rogers, Bell & Telus; three legalized criminal organizations in Canada supported by the Conservative Party of Canada with former employee running Canada's telecommunications regulations at the CRTC.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The option to get the HTC One S or the HTC One X on Tmobile. This is gone be a tough choice. Only problem is when LTE rolls out in 2013 you will have to get a new phone to take advantage of LTE.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using HowardForums

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does Tegra 3 quad core support HSPA+ 42? Some info online states +21 support.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'm also confused why they didn't just go pentaband. Does the Tegra 3 not support that?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    people should buy the att version and unlock it, just to locate where tmobile is testing their lte network.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using HowardForums
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

Speed achieved using T-Mobile Samsung GS2

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Anyone plan on getting this if this is real?

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think the HTC One that is rumored to come to HTC as stock android will be the One XL version since HTC website mentions it wil work with Tmobile AWS band. Not sure if Tegra 3 Quad supports AWS band even though it supports HSPA+.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16 View Post
    people should buy the att version and unlock it, just to locate where tmobile is testing their lte network.

for that you'll need a T-Mobile LTE SIM otherwise you're on hspa+. Not sure how are you gonna get that. Also the device is probably gonna be locked to AWS LTE band that AT&T is using. As far as I know, you can unlock hspa portion of the phone but LTE is still locked. I have an unlocked ATT momentum 4G and its not working with verizon sim.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by milan03; 03-06-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    for that you'll need an T-Mobile LTE SIM otherwise you're on hspa+. Not sure how are you gonna get that. Also the the device is probably gonna be locked to AWS LTE band that AT&T is using. As far as I know, you can unlock hspa portion of the phone but LTE is still locked. I have an unlocked ATT momentum 4G and its not working with verizon sim.

T-Mobile will use AWS for LTE.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile will use AWS for LTE.
    sure but my point is that LTE devices are locked to particular LTE bands. And as I said earlier you'd need T-Mobile LTE SIM which is not gonna be easy to get unless you're a network tech.

Device(s)
    Tmobile Wing (deceased)
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score

I'm trying to get an Att skyrocket to use on the Tmobile with Tzones. In theory, would I be able to test this? I'm in Cleveland OH, not sure if it's considered a larger market, but I was getting HSPA+ like crazy before my HD2 Touchscreen stopped working, so maybe I'll be able to see if I can get LTE too?

EDIT:

nevermind, just saw post above, will be using my regular old Tmobile Sim, so it probably won't work, but HSPA/3G is enough, for now at least.