Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia 808 Pureview - 41 megapixels!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64 GB, Nokia N8, Apple iPhone 16 GB 3G[S]®, Nokia N82, Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terre08 View Post
    Are you saying you couldn't find a battery for the N82 anywhere or did you insist they give you one for free for a phone with no warranty?
    I am definitely getting the N808 regardless where I have to buy it.
    Please allow me to clarify. The phone was out of warranty and I wanted a "Genuine" nokia battery because after a bit of research on ebay and amazon i realized the level of fraud some of these sellers were prepared to engage in ie: fake nokia hologram stickers stuck on cheapo knock-off batteries. Since I truly loved my N82 I was prepared to pay extra just to get the genuine item from Nokia but they refused to deal with me on any level <literally>. I in no way expected one for free, I was quite happy to pay premium price for it. Newegg.ca took care of me and gave me full credit. Lucky for me Robbers...rogers started carrying the N8 and now i'm a happy camper. Heck I don't even have upgrade fever.

Feedback Score
    Here's the thing that bugs me. Yes, the NAM market doesn't like Symbian in general. But, YES, there is a small market of those who are willing to pay for an unlocked phone directly for Nokia or otherwise. That's money in your pocket Nokia. Why not realease the 808 in NAM just for kicks.

Somebody give my S.Elop's email address. I'm going to write him a strongly worded letter on this issue. I've only owned and ever used Nokia and Symbian phones, since the 90's. I want to continue on this path.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64 GB, Nokia N8, Apple iPhone 16 GB 3G[S]®, Nokia N82, Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstarr View Post
    Here's the thing that bugs me. Yes, the NAM market doesn't like Symbian in general. But, YES, there is a small market of those who are willing to pay for an unlocked phone directly for Nokia or otherwise. That's money in your pocket Nokia. Why not realease the 808 in NAM just for kicks.

Somebody give my S.Elop's email address. I'm going to write him a strongly worded letter on this issue. I've only owned and ever used Nokia and Symbian phones, since the 90's. I want to continue on this path.
    Here is is private email [email protected]. Remember he's busy so dont be rude and make your email Business Like. Dont Demand anything rather simply sugget you would like him to do the honourable thihg. Worked for me. Good Luck.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UFO_Sasquatch View Post
    That's a bummer. Screw Plemix et all. Never sure if the phone they send you is new, used, or opened. And my last go around in trying to replace a faulty one took 2 months. Hate 'em all.
    Amazon is selling the N9 and the 701 though third party vendors so I will go that way?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Gphreak View Post
    Please allow me to clarify. The phone was out of warranty and I wanted a "Genuine" nokia battery because after a bit of research on ebay and amazon i realized the level of fraud some of these sellers were prepared to engage in ie: fake nokia hologram stickers stuck on cheapo knock-off batteries. Since I truly loved my N82 I was prepared to pay extra just to get the genuine item from Nokia but they refused to deal with me on any level <literally>. I in no way expected one for free, I was quite happy to pay premium price for it. Newegg.ca took care of me and gave me full credit. Lucky for me Robbers...rogers started carrying the N8 and now i'm a happy camper. Heck I don't even have upgrade fever.
    OK. I misunderstood. Nokia USA is not very good I would be the first to admit that, I still remember when trying to buy my N8 from them where they couldn't ship to my work address so I had to get it from buy.com.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Gphreak View Post
    Here is is private email [email protected]. Remember he's busy so dont be rude and make your email Business Like. Dont Demand anything rather simply sugget you would like him to do the honourable thihg. Worked for me. Good Luck.
    I intend on sending him a very business like letter explaining my love of nokia and symbian, and my sadness that the 808 wont be avaliable in NAM to buy. its a great business move, and even if they don't sell it here, other people will, but without warranties. thats even more money out of their pocket. they dont have to announce it or advertise it or anything, or have it compete with windows/nokia phones in any way.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Harharharhar, best camera ever.

Level up too soon hax by Nokia.

Device(s)
    Nokia 808 PureView
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    the audio recording is pretty impressive as well..

Device(s)
    Galaxy S IIX
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post
    This just means we're back to where we were 5 years ago in having to buy imported phones with no warranty.
    Use a credit card with warranty protection.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using HowardForums
    Follow me on twitter @Blue1k...thephonecollector

Feedback Score
    In my blog I had compared pictures taken from the first Nokia camera phone, Nokia 7650 with those taken by Nokia PureView
    check out www.nokia4life.com

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Looks like I have no choice but to import it

Feedback Score
    Oh,that is more higher than my digital camera

Feedback Score
    GSMarena had a peice on a leak for the windows phone version

This looks awesome IMO

http://www.gsmarena.com/is_this_noki...-news-4065.php

Device(s)
    Nokia 808 PureView
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAAAAA7 View Post
    GSMarena had a peice on a leak for the windows phone version

This looks awesome IMO

http://www.gsmarena.com/is_this_noki...-news-4065.php
    I assume dust/water proof ..

the poster in the back is a print from the phone .. crazy

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The 808 is up on the Nokia Finland website

http://www.nokia.com/fi-fi/tuotteet/puhelimet/808/

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast