Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Nokia 808 Pureview - 41 megapixels!

Device(s)
    Sony Z3 (D6616)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i Would Just switch between phone tbh. when i go somewhere the i know I'll need a camera, I'll switch to the n8 (or 808). I Won't be carrying 2 phone at the same time

Device(s)
    Nothing but Nokias
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    dang, talk about a successor to the N8

Device(s)
    Nokia 808 PureView
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It won for best mobile phone presented @ MWC

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/...ous-mwc-award/

Good informative interview with Dinning.. great guy

http://www.gsmarena.com/d_dinning_in...review-728.php

video one

quick facts

- The PureView technology has been developed for the past five years and in parallel with other technologies implemented in recent Nokia camraphones.
    - Lossless Zoom: 3x for Stills, 4x for 1080p video, 6x for 720p video, 12x for nHD video.
    - Dual modus sensor supporting both aspect ratios: 16:9 at 34 effective MP, and 4:3 at 38 effective MP.
    - 26-76 mm zoom range, maintaining same aperture over all the range! This means 3.5 stops advantages enabling up to 6x faster shutter speeds!
    - Contrast to optical zooming, distortion is kept at minimal level!
    - Zooming is all silent as there are no optical elements moving back and forth. (Important in video capturing)
    - The lens is produced at 10x more precision than SLR lenses to cope with the 41 MP sensor!
    - The whole camera module is at 50% to 70% less in size compared to similar range zooms!
    - Maintain same 15 cm minimal focus distance for the whole zoom range!
    - The huge sensor enables a longer focal length of 8.02 mm (equivalent to 26mm and 28mm depending on the aspect ratio), which coupled with the wide F2.4 aperture enables Bokeh effects current compact cameras can't achieve!!!
    In comparison, the high-end Canon G12, has a 6.1-30.5 mm equivalent to 28-140 mm, and at F2.8-4.5!!
    - The 41 MP 1/1.2" sensor has a native pixel size of 1.4 microns.
    - Offering Slide Zoom: Swipe up or down on the viewfinder to automatically adjust the zoom steps and the output resolution of the desired photo!
    - Processing at 1000 MP/sec and 16x oversampling than conventional cameras and smartphones!! There is a built-in GPU in the camera module to help in the process!
    - Nokia Rich Record: Capture sound at 140-145 db, more than even some professional cameras can achieve, and at minimal distortion levels enabling CD-like quality!!
    - Oversampling eliminates Bayern pattern problems which could lead to certain artifacts! Which in turn leads to pure high-quality detailed 5MP photos!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64 GB, Nokia N8, Apple iPhone 16 GB 3G[S]®, Nokia N82, Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wow leave it to Nokia to always have the best H/W. Even though it's touted as an N8 successor its not even in the same game let alone ballpark. I prefer my aluminum case and form factor so I wont be getting it but "if" I were in the market for a new phone this would be it even though Symbian OS is dead.

Device(s)
    Nokia 808 PureView
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Here it says that it won't be offered in North America.. I am guessing sites like plemix will pick it up, but it won't have any US specific warranty

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devic.../808_PureView/

Device(s)
    HTC Sensation, Amaze, LG Optimus V, Samsung Fascinate, Samsung Epic 4G, Nokia 5800, 3620, 6230, 8290
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by go0gle View Post
    Here it says that it won't be offered in North America.. I am guessing sites like plemix will pick it up, but it won't have any US specific warranty

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devic.../808_PureView/
    what a shame

Device(s)
    950XL
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (cell), Fido (data)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So the N9 camera is really no match to N8... I'm gonna be carrying both around lol.
    Microsoft Lumia 950XL Dual Sim
    Rogers talk text only, Fido 3gb/$15 tab plan

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by go0gle View Post
    Here it says that it won't be offered in North America...
    ARGHHH! Nokia is managed by such A-holes! I really wanted an 808.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This just means we're back to where we were 5 years ago in having to buy imported phones with no warranty.

Device(s)
    950XL
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (cell), Fido (data)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    US market doesn't want symbian phones so why push something that won't sell? US market will have to wait til WP version

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64 GB, Nokia N8, Apple iPhone 16 GB 3G[S]®, Nokia N82, Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers,
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Re: Grey Market Devices, I've been there done that and it was not a good experience. I bought my N82 from newegg.ca and even though the phone never malfunctioned and even though newegg.ca never screwed me over I would never do it again because NOKIA screwed me over by refusing to sell me a paltry battery. Yep you read that right, because my phone was technically a US phone sold by the Canadian subsidiary of newegg.com they essentially told im tough *******. On a side note Newegg.ca gave me full credit for my returned phone even after having it a bit over a year. I love Newegg.ca they have always been good to me. To be fair Stephen Elop or his avatar have been good to me too regarding a malfunctioning headset when Robbers...err rogers told me it's not their problem. Long story short a quick email to Stephen Elop and I had a new headset in three days. But i'm not going down the grey market road again.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Gphreak View Post
    Re: Grey Market Devices, I've been there done that and it was not a good experience. I bought my N82 from newegg.ca and even though the phone never malfunctioned and even though newegg.ca never screwed me over I would never do it again because NOKIA screwed me over by refusing to sell me a paltry battery. Yep you read that right, because my phone was technically a US phone sold by the Canadian subsidiary of newegg.com they essentially told im tough *******. On a side note Newegg.ca gave me full credit for my returned phone even after having it a bit over a year. I love Newegg.ca they have always been good to me. To be fair Stephen Elop or his avatar have been good to me too regarding a malfunctioning headset when Robbers...err rogers told me it's not their problem. Long story short a quick email to Stephen Elop and I had a new headset in three days. But i'm not going down the grey market road again.
    Are you saying you couldn't find a battery for the N82 anywhere or did you insist they give you one for free for a phone with no warranty?
    I am definitely getting the N808 regardless where I have to buy it.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I got a replacement N8 battery from some place in china for 3$ plus 3$ shipping.
    6$!

Grey market N808 is not a problem for me.

Device(s)
    N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post
    This just means we're back to where we were 5 years ago in having to buy imported phones with no warranty.
    That's a bummer. Screw Plemix et all. Never sure if the phone they send you is new, used, or opened. And my last go around in trying to replace a faulty one took 2 months. Hate 'em all.

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast