Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: back to keitai

Device(s)
    903SH (sold :<)
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score

back to keitai

so after a couple of years using a iphone, i kinda wanna go back to using a cool japanese phone. prior to the iphone i had a 903sh software unlocked. its been a while since ive looked at any of the phones available now, i was wondering if anyone could help me choose which one would be the most problem free choice if i wanted to have one capable of SMS/MMS/3G internet. im currently using AT&T in hawaii. also what is this CPR issue im reading about? is it that bad? does that mean you pretty much have to carry around a spare phone with you to do perform the trick whenever you move around town?

the phones ive been looking at is sh905i/sh906i, sh01b/sh01c, or sh06a.

also, i have a sh06b that my friend is willing to sell me. but she forgot her lock code so she cant reformat her phone. is there any other way to do it? we tried the default 0000 and others but they probably shouldnt work anyway since she knows she changed it.

thanks for any help!

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get a new DoCoMo and make sure someone unlocks it at a DoCoMo store in Japan for you.

SoftBanks are a hassle. If you get a SoftBank Android, you'll only be able to use GSM (GPRS/EDGE) internet which can be pretty slow and of course wi-fi. A decent hypersim (13 USD, see my post on getting 3G to work on the 005SH) will ensure you won't have to worry about CPR.

My girlfriend has been using her SH-01B for a year now - absolutely no CPR issues with the very cheap hypersim I got her from Dealextreme ($4 USD, see my post, it auto-regains signal) - a gorgeous phone and a fantastic camera. That is, if you can live without internet. Otherwise you might want to get the SH-01C as it's got wi-fi. Still, a software unlocked DoCoMo won't cost a a lot more - I saw an SH-02D somewhere for 400 USD.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    If you need no hassle MMS and Internet you should go for a newer docomo smartphone. They're not exactly the typical 'cool Japanese phone' flip, they're mostly normal looking slabs (the only flip smartphone has been the SoftBank 007SH but that requires a hypersim), but at least they have unique features like waterproofing
    iPhone 6s | N-06C

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    i dont mind using a hypersim if some of them has fixed the cpr issue, just would like it to have internet. also really wanna get a flip phone too, its actually the smartphone style im trying to get away from lol. well i have a rental docomo store in hawaii i can probably check out, they rent out docomo phones to the japanese tourists here in hawaii, maybe i can check out if they sell phones as well..

Feedback Score
    They don't sell phones, unless you are a Japanese citizen going back to Japan...

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    There is no unlock method other than soft/factory unlocking that will guarantee no-CPR. One might be lucky with a hypersim/sim/network combo, but there is no guarantee that you won't have to CPR unless you get a soft unlocked phone.

That said, hypersims are getting better these days an I only had to CPR my F-06B every one to two months.

Device(s)
    SH-01F, F-01F, SO-04E, SO-02F, F-02F, F-02D
    Carrier(s)
    Docomo
    Feedback Score
    Basically what everyone else is saying. Go with a software unlocked phone if you don't want to deal with any hassles. Almost all the newest docomo flip phones have wifi, so you can still use internet. Just still no 3G internet
    Pew Pew Keitai Lazer~~~~

Device(s)
    SO03D
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yamanote View Post
    .......(the only flip smartphone has been the SoftBank 007SH but that requires a hypersim)....
    Sharp 003SH, 005SH, 006SH, 007SH more than a month, can be softunlocked and stably operate without hypersim.

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Right- I'd forgotten about that. Sorry

Are you able to source the phones, unlock it and sell the entire thing in one go or do we still have to supply our own phones?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    huh? the 007sh will be able to be unlocked soon?

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It is available for unlock at the moment, if you send it to Russia, along with some money

Welcome back

Device(s)
    NTT DOCOMO L-06A
    Carrier(s)
    TELKOMSEL INDONESIA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyoex View Post
    Basically what everyone else is saying. Go with a software unlocked phone if you don't want to deal with any hassles. Almost all the newest docomo flip phones have wifi, so you can still use internet. Just still no 3G internet
    I agree. CPR is a nightmare for KeiTai Lovers. make you thing that is not gonna working out at all.
    will make U hate everything about KeiTai. just be smart to buy SIMフリー a.k.a software unlock ones.
    U will not regret it for surely.

Device(s)
    SO03D
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yamanote View Post
    Right- I'd forgotten about that. Sorry

Are you able to source the phones, unlock it and sell the entire thing in one go or do we still have to supply our own phones?
    No problem
    Of course, just today have come a few phones. I hope that they will get the evening :-)

Device(s)
    SO03D
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderZero View Post
    huh? the 007sh will be able to be unlocked soon?
    It may already be unlocked .....

Device(s)
    SO03D
    Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by martindesu View Post
    It is available for unlock at the moment, if you send it to Russia, along with some money

Welcome back
    I agree, it's scary to be decided ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast