Thread: SERO Fair and Flexible 500 Plan

Device(s)
    LG550 Fusic
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

SERO Fair and Flexible 500 Plan

Hi all,

My 2 year commitment jsut came up and I'm in the market for a new phone for my SERO Fair and Flexible 500 plan. I was wondering what smart phones are eligible under the old plan with out having to upgrade to Sero-P. My understanding, is that Android, IOS, and Blackberries all require the Sero Premium plan. My guess is that windoes smart phones are still okay under the old sero plans? I also understand that I'll have to pay $10 regardless for 4g.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Don't worry about 4G, you won't ever see it without upgrading to SEROP. Old window phones are fine but the new W7 aren't. You are basically limited to the same phone that were available when you signed your contract 2 years ago.

Device(s)
    LG550 Fusic
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OPD1026 View Post
    Don't worry about 4G, you won't ever see it without upgrading to SEROP. Old window phones are fine but the new W7 aren't. You are basically limited to the same phone that were available when you signed your contract 2 years ago.
    Thanks for the info! Another question I have is, what does SERO-P actually include? I currently have the sero plan plus I pay an extra 5 for 500 texts.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The $40 sero premium plan still gives you 500 anytime min, nights and weekends at 7, unlimited data and unlimited texting. The premium plan adds sprint navigation and unlimited calling to any other mobile number in the US.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, if you want to stay on the $30 sero plan, your only options resembling a smartphone are the palm centro and htc touch pro II. Both are way outdated and the touch pro is frustratingly slow and laggy. And don't even think about the option of porting android onto the touch pro. It was a terrible experience and I would not recommend it.

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to the $40 sero premium plan. It includes everything you already have plus unlimited texting, gps navigation, and unlimited calls to any mobile in the us. This plan will allow you to use most of the current 3G smartphones (lg Optimus, Samsung transform ultra, and more). If you want an iPhone or any 4g device, it's another $10/mo....bringing your monthly total to $50.

Feedback Score
    How can I upgrade to SERO Premium now? I have the fair and flexible plan also. Is it possible to upgrade to SERO now?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest471 View Post
    How can I upgrade to SERO Premium now? I have the fair and flexible plan also. Is it possible to upgrade to SERO now?
    You'd have to take over someone else's SERO plan. SERO has been dead for a while. Sprint lets you renew, but they don't take new SERO customers. There's a similar program that essentially replaced SERO, but it's $10 more, so you're looking at $60/mo for the newest phones. Not bad, but a lot of corporate discounts can beat that.
    Last edited by martin_j001; 01-30-2017 at 05:02 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit57 View Post
    You'd have to take over someone else's SERO plan. SERO has been dead for a while. Sprint lets you renew, but they don't take new SERO customers. There's a similar program that essentially replaced SERO, but it's $10 more, so you're looking at $60/mo for the newest phones. Not bad, but a lot of corporate discounts can beat that.
    Thanks for the reply. I talked to someone today on retentions and she offered me the everyday plan. The total with everything before taxes would be 62.49. That is including a 25% discount on my plan. Is that too much? I am looking online, and I see the Everything Plan with data for 59.99 but she must have offered me a higher rate, I think 79.99, and then to 62.49 after my 25% discount. Can't I just have her give me it for $59.99? I told her I will think about it and she is going to give me a call back next week since I scheduled it. She said she could bring me back to SERO, since I already had it before, she could reinstate it but I would need to authenticate that information with an employee. She said the SERO Plan would be $60 a month with everything before taxes, so it would only be $2.49 more to have the Everyday plan. Any thoughts?

Device(s)
    HTC Arrive (soon to be replaced)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I just called Customer Care and tried to get my plan switched from SERO 500 up to SERO Premium and I was told by the Rep (I think he said his name was Keith) that even were I to get the HTC Arrive (windows non-4g phone) the plan would still be $50, not $40, because the Arrive was considered a 'smartphone' and the $10 extra would apply (regardless of 4g) :-/