Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are you a nomophobiac?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Are you a nomophobiac?

Apparently 66% of people are afraid of losing their phones.

Personally I don't like losing anything that costs more than a few dollars because a) I paid for it and b) I have to go out and buy it again. Still, for me if I had to choose something to lose my phone would not be at the top of my list.

What about you? Are you afraid of losing your phone or would it be a nice excuse to buy a new one?

Device(s)
    LeEco Le Max 2
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am afraid of losing a cell phone because it means potential of unlimited liability to me. Government should have laws to stop that nonsense. I like Mobilicity's prepaid phone plan and wallet system. Too bad its service doesn't work for me.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I second Sable. I'm the nomophobic numero uno lol I recently had a baby and 2 hours after he was born i was able to communicate to my family overseas about our new family members arrival, I was able to send emails, check that everything at work was going the right way, you name it. you all know how it is.
    I also dont have the luxury of being able to buy the same model of phone in case i lost my i4s.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I guess this makes us Nomos

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Better make sure you don't drop your phone!

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Agreed. I don't like losing anything and anything of value over a few dollars would not be fun, especially a phone that I paid $600 for, not to mention everything that would be lost with it.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Bold 9900: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.190 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Nomophobiac?! That's my word of the day - thanks!

The thought of losing my phone worries me somewhat, although everything is backed up wirelessly, and I can remote wipe it. It would definitely be a piss off the shell out $500+ though.

But all that aside, my phone is always in such close proximity to me that it would be pretty hard to lose it.

Device(s)
    Honor Play 6GB 128GB version, Xiaomi mi A1, testing Meiigoo S8.
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin, HOT mobile Israel.
    Feedback Score
    If i lose my phone which was $600- i would be pissed, But at the same time i would be happy as it's time to buy a new phone :-)
    Phones using: Honor Play 6GB 128GB,wife using LG G7 One, son using iPhone XR,daughter using iPhone XR, Youngest son using Xiaomi Redmi 5.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I feel embarassed to admit that I'm not a nomophobiac. I would not mind losing my phone because it would give me an excuse to buy a new one. Probably why I've never lost a single one.

Then again, I'm a total Net10 kind of user. I can replace my cell for less than $20. I want to purchase an N8, but I'm afraid I'll lose it. Wait a minute...I guess I am a potential nomophobiac.

Device(s)
    LG Dare (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    One of the articles I read on this went into a lot of detail that went beyond people just losing their phones. It talked about the almost drug-like withdrawals that some people have even if they just accidentally leave their phone at home for the day or forget to bring it with them. Apparently some people actually suffer mild panic attacks within minutes or a bit longer, if they don't have access to their phones.

I know people like this. I work with a woman who literally gets 5+ phone calls at work from her husband every day (not sure how much she calls him), probably 25 texts per day from her now adult daughter, plus whatever she gets from her Sister, Mother, etc... long before even the end of the day. She once left her phone home and her husband had to go home at lunch and get it and bring it to her at the office - not only was SHE panicking, but so was he, her whole family, etc... all because she might not have it on her for a few hours. I mean - WOW.

I understand the value of a cell for safety reasons. I live in Atlanta and over the years, I've twice broke down in very heavily congested areas during rush hour where literally, you would most likely get run over and killed if you dared to leave your car. So for that reason, I even keep a cheapo prepaid phone in the car just in case I forget mine for the day and need to be able to contact someone in an emergency. But day-to-day, I've forgot my main cell a few times and it didn't really phase me a bit. Even when it's on me, there are times I don't want to be bothered and if someone calls I'll let it ring to go to voicemail, while the addicted around me will get a panicked look on their faces and go, "You aren't going to get that?????". lol

"Cell Addiction" is a very real addiction. Maybe one day it'll be addressed in the same seriousness as alcoholism and drug addiction, because for a certain (small but growing) percentage of people, it's a very real issue, though.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Blaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Lol. My husband sent me a link to a Fox News article asking "Are you a Nomophobe?". He said "Look, Honey, its not just you". I'm guessing I am then, lol. Seriously, I never put mine down so losing it isn't very likely in my case. Its always in my line of sight and arms reach.

Sent from my Radar 4G via the HowardForums WP7 App
    To heck with flowers and candy, leave the jewelry at the store, but when it comes to cell phones, I always want one more.

Carrier(s)
    Simple Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I lost my phone today
    Devices
    Samsung Sidekick 4G
    HTC LEO USA - NAND Android touchscreen failure
    HTC Dell Axim x51v - WM6.1 sleeping until it gets charged
    All hail Megatron!

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play with Mophie battery pack (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    T-e-r-r-f-i-e-d of losing my phone. It has some personal info on it! Of course, I could remotely erase but it's nerve-wracking to say the least.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2 (primary)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Two years ago, I lost my phone on my first night arriving to DC. While it didnt exactly set the mood for the trip, I was releived to know that my personal information was successfully wiped remotely.

This saturday, however, I nearly lost my car/house keys at a bar and nearly went nuts looking for them. That was a shocking experience for me and the bouncers, lol.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Last time I lost a phone (it was actually stolen), I had to replace it with a super cheap phone. I had just got it, and so was not eligible for any kind of upgrade discount from the carrier (very common in the U.S.), and I couldn't afford to replace it at full price. So yeah, I'm afraid of losing my phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast