Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: MVNO FreedomPop to Launch Free Mobile Broadband Service

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    I ordered on the 22nd, shipped on the 27th, and did not arrive until the 2nd of January. While I do understand the holidays could be part to blame the bolt was activated the day I placed the order depleting the free plan days before I had possession of it.
    Ya think!?!?

You couldn't have ordered at a more busy time of the entire year for logistics.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

MVNO FreedomPop to Launch Free Mobile Broadband Service

Freedompop has been telling folks that they're 8 weeks away from the sprint launch, I have my fingers crossed for the TriFi! Currently it's their only data device so I assume that'll be it unless the 8 week wait is for sprint to launch new devices.
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325 but still using a bag phone.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunterm View Post
    Freedompop has been telling folks that they're 8 weeks away from the sprint launch, I have my fingers crossed for the TriFi! Currently it's their only data device so I assume that'll be it unless the 8 week wait is for sprint to launch new devices.
    If you get the TriFi you must do a review of it!

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    C Spire
    Feedback Score
    It looks like Freedompop has release there android app in the Amazon app market for no charge.
    It looks like you can manage your whole account.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ectOnSuccess=1

I has been using freedom comp by a third party in the android market to look up data usage only.

Device(s)
    LG Optimus F6 (Unlocked, Rooted, & De-bloated)
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Ptel, Lyca, AirVoice
    Feedback Score
    I have a question about how the data usage is recorded. I've read in a few forums and screenshots that the minimum data recorded is 1 MB every 15 mins. If this "rounding up" is true, then that means to leave the hotspot on for 8 hrs, is at least 32 MB used, even if there's very light usage by an app (such as Google Voice, or some other VoIP app that sends keep-alive packets that are only a few kilobytes at a time).

Device(s)
    HTC One (M7) & Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzor View Post
    I have a question about how the data usage is recorded. I've read in a few forums and screenshots that the minimum data recorded is 1 MB every 15 mins. If this "rounding up" is true, then that means to leave the hotspot on for 8 hrs, is at least 32 MB used, even if there's very light usage by an app (such as Google Voice, or some other VoIP app that sends keep-alive packets that are only a few kilobytes at a time).
    That appears to be correct from what I've seen, it round up to the whole mb.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I don't see this documented anywhere on their website, they could be open to lawsuits. Also better not leave the hotspot on for more than 4 hrs a day, because just idling that much uses up the 500 MB free per month (4 hr x 4 MB/hr x 30 days = 480 MB). Or even with the soon-to-be released Burst Hub with free 1 GB plan, you can't keep the home router on idle for more than 8 hrs a day, which is kind of outrageous.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Let me follow up. If I have the Photon on and nothing using the internet connection it doesn't use any data.

It does round up to a full mb though.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theEMP View Post
    Let me follow up. If I have the Photon on and nothing using the internet connection it doesn't use any data.

It does round up to a full mb though.
    Thanks for your response. One would have to make sure no smartphone, tablet, or PC is turned on and connected to the hotspot. My concern is if there are light use background apps (Google Voice for example or other VoIP app that idle mostly) pinging a server, or sending keep-alive packets, or just even an email client checking for the occasional email (emails are in the kilobytes range). The rounding up every 15 minutes, as a whole can cost a lot over time, if the frequency was less (every hour for example), or actually based on usage rounded to the nearest 0.1 MB that would be more reasonable.
    Last edited by Whyzor; 01-30-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Most carriers round up, Virgin Mobile is the only one that I know of that doesn't. I also think this thread has gotten overblown. If I let my Samsung Note sit unused it would probably only use ~100mb a month.
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA View Post
    Most carriers round up, Virgin Mobile is the only one that I know of that doesn't. I also think this thread has gotten overblown. If I let my Samsung Note sit unused it would probably only use ~100mb a month.
    I would guess it would depend on what apps you have enabled to reach out pull in info.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theEMP View Post
    I would guess it would depend on what apps you have enabled to reach out pull in info.
    Yea, I left Pandora on....once!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I am not at all unhappy with Freedompop's service or the price tag associated

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    C Spire
    Feedback Score
    I just wish they could hurry up and switch to Sprint. I would bet that it will be next year before Sprint will let that happen.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchfry View Post
    I just wish they could hurry up and switch to Sprint. I would bet that it will be next year before Sprint will let that happen.
    From my neck of the woods, Sprint LTE is getting better but the Wimax coverage is still better for the time being.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast