Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID RAZR HD XT926 "Vanquish" Pre-Release Thread

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    Another Moto with GSM capability. I could be wrong, but doesn't the RAZR HD still have a chance to gain the distinction of being the first global LTE Moto to drop on vzw ? Half-a-year now, just about, and vzw's pre-release promise to make the D4's GSM radio work for 'global' use remains unfulfilled.

I think whether or not this will be a great device still hinges very much on the effective size of the 720p display *after* adjustment for the on-screen buttons and as compared to recent and upcoming competition from Samsung and HTC -- especially the SGSIII.

Can Moto reduce the overall size of the handset while still enlarging the display, as Sammy is reported to be doing in moving from GNote I to 'GNote II'?

Perspective instantiates reality.
    [From DX by HoFo app.]
    With now that the Razr and Maxx have their ICS update, that included making them Global.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Droid 1 and X, RAZR, Rezound, Maxx HD,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    Ok....looking thru the fcc docs...I saw battery 2530 mAh and LTE Voice? Yes (3rd party VOIP clients only)

Any folks in the know care to comment on these 2 things, if they can?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc74 View Post
    Ok....looking thru the fcc docs...I saw battery 2530 mAh and LTE Voice? Yes (3rd party VOIP clients only)

Any folks in the know care to comment on these 2 things, if they can?
    Even if its not the 3300, its still plenty of battery with the s4 processor. It will probably even best the maxx.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    With now that the Razr and Maxx have their ICS update, that included making them Global.
    I meant a model to drop with the GSM "global" capability enabled at release. I don't think that's happened yet with an LTE Moto handset?

I find the continued silence on display dimensions ominous.

So if the RAZRs now have received the global OTA firmware update, what of the D4?

'This just in:'
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...-event_id32576
    (thanks to ronaldh)

Better hurry. . .

[From DX by HoFo app.]
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 07-24-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxfan View Post
    Even if its not the 3300, its still plenty of battery with the s4 processor. It will probably even best the maxx.

Possibly true, but doubt it will quite match it. Unless of course the display not at all much larger or somehow sips even less power. If it's an LCD like the Atrix HD though, I am guessing that might take more power even at the same size than the AMOLED in the RAZR. This seems to be more of a middle ground size choice so that if/when they do do a Maxx it's more for extreme users and not something that royally annoys those that opted for the thinner version. Basically this seems like a choice to hold true the RAZR name more than anything else.

Feedback Score
    Maybe Motorola is getting better at controlling leaks? Less leaks means less hype, which may hurt some but it means less copy cats following with the "same" device a month later. The phone isn't coming out in the next couple of weeks anyway, early hype can hurt a phone when people start saying it is late (see Bionic or just about every SEMC phone for years there).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Susurro View Post
    Maybe Motorola is getting better at controlling leaks? Less leaks means less hype, which may hurt some but it means less copy cats following with the "same" device a month later. The phone isn't coming out in the next couple of weeks anyway, early hype can hurt a phone when people start saying it is late (see Bionic or just about every SEMC phone for years there).
    Seems there has been plenty "leaked" related to this device. The larger point is that there just seems to be a lot less people really curious about it than what has traditionally been the case with VZW Moto Droid variety devices that are completely "New Gen" variety stuffs. Basically less to do with what has or hasn't leaked or what is or isn't known so much as a generally less curious about those sorts of things community clamoring for more details on the device.

And honestly, it's gotta have some HUGE stuff to really be significant and month or more after SIII. Even if they have got S4 Pro in there and that is the reason for the wait that wouldn't really be of much help in competing with SIII I do not think. It just seems like VERY bad mojo for Moto to have Samsung with such a strong device on VZW before them for some reason.

And you say "copy cats" with "same" device and I have no clue what you are referring to?? Nobody has done big bezel extreme thin, but with huge built in battery devices. HTC's One SORTA mimic that, but seem to be a pretty original effort started without a lot of knowledge of RAZR for similar thinning reason. Yet the market leader has ignored this change in direction to the hurrah of fans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    Possibly true, but doubt it will quite match it. Unless of course the display not at all much larger or somehow sips even less power. If it's an LCD like the Atrix HD though, I am guessing that might take more power even at the same size than the AMOLED in the RAZR. This seems to be more of a middle ground size choice so that if/when they do do a Maxx it's more for extreme users and not something that royally annoys those that opted for the thinner version. Basically this seems like a choice to hold true the RAZR name more than anything else.
    I think it will. Hell, the s3 isnt that far from battery life as the maxx and is leaps and bounds better then the razr small

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaxfan View Post
    I think it will. Hell, the s3 isnt that far from battery life as the maxx and is leaps and bounds better then the razr small

I would be right with you if the display were probably still going to be AMOLED. This will be an all day device for many or most, but won't probably match the Maxx, except maybe in mostly standby situations without lots of screen on time. Great middleground battery size choice, even if no larger battery option shows. If there is a larger battery option, this size for the standard one makes that thicker device a lot less attractive in comparison than what we had with RAZR and Maxx since both will probably be all day options for most.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wish we knew more concrete info about this phone (well, mostly a release date). I've come really close to buying a GS3 on eBay, but am trying to wait and see what Moto comes up with, however, it's getting harder and harder not to hit the "Buy Now" button....

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tjmonkey15 View Post
    I wish we knew more concrete info about this phone (well, mostly a release date). I've come really close to buying a GS3 on eBay, but am trying to wait and see what Moto comes up with, however, it's getting harder and harder not to hit the "Buy Now" button....
    If earlier predictions hold true, it should drop in the next 2 - 4 weeks. See the June 26 posts in this thread [~#218].

[From DX by HoFo app.]

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Best to appear in the US before IPhone does.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Seems everybody's scrambling to get a foot in the door before *that*! From the sctambling, it looks like a cupla weeks either side of Columbus Day may be apple harvest time. The HD, though, more needs to beat the new GNote and its HTC clone, which shouldn't be a problem.

[From DX by HoFo app.]

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Susurro stated above that it won't be dropping in the next couple weeks and my sources have revised their timeframe from early August to "not sure now" due to severe shortages of the S4 chips.

I'm sure Motorola is as upset about the delays as anyone else, but there is nothing to do but wait for production to catch up to demand.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman View Post
    Susurro stated above that it won't be dropping in the next couple weeks and my sources have revised their timeframe from early August to "not sure now" due to severe shortages of the S4 chips.

I'm sure Motorola is as upset about the delays as anyone else, but there is nothing to do but wait for production to catch up to demand.
    Was there development cycle for this that far behind Samsung, HTC, and I guess the Atrix HD itself? Or are they after a different version of S4 getting held up due to the demand for the MSM8960 in these? Seems it would be a silly call to not use MSM8960 really. The S4 Pro stuff will be nice, but isn't going to do anything to help overall competitiveness of final device on a store shelf or the volume of a top end product so much as excite enthusiast sorts.

Qualcomm said they are working to get all three major foundries on this, but did not really state what each would be doing. I could see though it could be possible they wouldn't have each foundry setup for any old chip so much as each does a different version. Basically keep TSMC for most MSM8960 stuff and use the other two with one for baseband and one for S4 Pro app only stuff or something.

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast