So I picked up a 3 month old HTC MyTouch 3G Slide today off of craigslist. Phone works great, although whenever I make a voice call you cant hear voice out of the earpiece. The phone works great on speaker, and people can hear me fine. I've did a factory reset on the phone, but that didn't help.

I don't have an account yet with T-Mobile. I was trying to check the warranty status on this phone, but according to T-Mobile you have to have an account before they can do anything for me dealing with the warranty (obvious that this is a physical problem).

The owner before me is no longer a T-Mobile customer, and does not have proof of purchase of the phone. He gave me the original box of the phone, but he lost the receipt.

Does anyone know what I can do in order to get this replaced/repaired? Is there a way around to getting this phone replaced without having an account or proof of purchase (the receipt)? I guess I could always call HTC and see what they could do for me, but according to the T-Mobile Rep I spoke to he said they will not do anything for me unless I have proof of purchase (the receipt).

So what can I do? Does anyone have a work around or a solution to this? Thank you very much.