Thread: Transfer Evo to another account?

Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score

Transfer Evo to another account?

Hi, Just like to know can I transfer my Evo that is on Boost to another Boost account without having to re-flash my phone again?
    "This has been a public announcement and I approve this message"

Chessman

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile / Sprint
    Feedback Score
    After you remove the EVO from your Boost Mobile account, you should not have a problem activating it on another account. It does not have to be re-flashed.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (R.I.P. AIO)
    Feedback Score
    It depends how the "flashing" was done. If the phone was cloned from a "donor", rather than provisioned OTA, it likely won't be able to download an updated data profile. You can check to see if you'll be okay by having the phone do a profile update. If the profile update fails, you're SOL and will need to find who "flashed" your phone and chew them out for not knowing what they're doing.

If it works, you'll just have to manually program by dialing ##SPC# where SPC is your 6 digit lock code - it may be set to the phone's original SPC, may be all 0s, or may be set to the donor phone's SPC. Hope you're beginning to see why paying someone to "flash" your phone can be a mixed bag. You'll most likely need to get a MSL or SPC finder app from the market or have fun browsing through CDMA applications to read it from the phone. After you've manually programmed in the numbers Boost gives you on the manual activation page, do a profile update and everything should work.

Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    It depends how the "flashing" was done. If the phone was cloned from a "donor", rather than provisioned OTA, it likely won't be able to download an updated data profile. You can check to see if you'll be okay by having the phone do a profile update. If the profile update fails, you're SOL and will need to find who "flashed" your phone and chew them out for not knowing what they're doing.

If it works, you'll just have to manually program by dialing ##SPC# where SPC is your 6 digit lock code - it may be set to the phone's original SPC, may be all 0s, or may be set to the donor phone's SPC. Hope you're beginning to see why paying someone to "flash" your phone can be a mixed bag. You'll most likely need to get a MSL or SPC finder app from the market or have fun browsing through CDMA applications to read it from the phone. After you've manually programmed in the numbers Boost gives you on the manual activation page, do a profile update and everything should work.
    Thanks for the reply,

I had someone flash it for me and they were able to get everything working properly ("REAL" 3g, and native wifi hot-spot). Is PRL update suppose to work on a flashed phone too?? Man I feel stuck btw a rock and a hard place. Do i not need to do a back up?

Thanks