Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Nexus Release Thread

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Google released new binaries for the VZW edition of the Galaxy Nexus for Android 4.1.1 build JRO03H. At this point, this probably only matters to those of your rooting and ROMing, but it's progress nonetheless! Now it's up to Verizon to get us the OTA update!

Link

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For anyone that still holds the GNex close to their heart, there has been a ROM released with what is apparently the newest build of Jelly Bean, 4.1.1 JRO03L. It's a stock ROM, so should be how Google intended it to be. Nothing official has been posted regarding changes from previous versions of JB.

Link

Feedback Score
    You tried it yet? This one seems a bit mysterious as I doesn't seem to have similar numbered binaries or anything else with this number. Seemingly it's some leak. Will this ever be an official version I wonder? I'm running AOKP for now.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So there was a post that went up over the weekend on Google+ that someone was able to install Google Wallet through the web-based Play Store. I tried following the directions posted, but didn't have any luck. It wasn't until I clicked on this link yesterday that was posted on XDA Developers that I was finally able to do it. I don't know what the difference is between clicking this and clicking the link from your phone but maybe it will work for others here too.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...etnfcrel&hl=en
    Dustin
    dustoman(at)gmail(dot)com

My Apps via AppBrain

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    You tried it yet? This one seems a bit mysterious as I doesn't seem to have similar numbered binaries or anything else with this number. Seemingly it's some leak. Will this ever be an official version I wonder? I'm running AOKP for now.
    I haven't tried it yet. I've actually been using Bugless Beast, but it was just updated to build JRO03L as well. Haven't updated my phone yet because I'm currently waiting on a (second) replacement from Verizon. Hoping the third time's the charm.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Feedback Score
    anyone get the jelly bean update yeT?
    FS: Verizon GNEX 32GB
    check out the posting, pix and lots of goodies included.
    PM for questions.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LoUiEvUiTToNd0n View Post
    anyone get the jelly bean update yeT?
    Yup! I got mine when I woke up Tuesday morning. So far no complaints. Radio and battery seem better. Google Now doesn't seem to work the same way it does on my Nexus 7 though. I'm missing some cards on my phone that show up on my tablet. :shrug Oh well.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I got my JellyBean update on Wednesday night and so far I love the new features. I'm a little disappointed that there isn't more cards in Google Now, but that could just be because I don't use many "connected" apps, (FB, Twitter, 4Square, etc).

I do have a HUGE complaint though. My battery life took a complete dump. I was fully charged at 6:30 AM today and was down to 35% battery by 10:30. Granted that was with some decently heavy use, but still, that's bad. Previously I could usually get to about 5:30 and then I'd be at about 10-15% left, depending on usage.

So, anyone have any tips or tricks for getting the advertised improved battery life? Did the update revert settings back to stock that might be killing my battery with out my knowing? I looked at the extended battery, but it is hideously and ridiculously huge, so that's not a good option IMO. Do I maybe just have a bad battery and need a new one?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A setting I've found on both my Nexus 7 and this new Jelly Bean update is called "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep". It's under the advanced Wi-Fi settings. I have mine set to: "Only when plugged in." It for sure helped my Nexus 7 and seems to have done the same for my Galaxy Nexus.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10