Thread: LG Optimus Black and Optimus 2X coming to Straight Talk

Device(s)
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Monthly
    Feedback Score

LG Optimus Black and Optimus 2X coming to Straight Talk

Holy crap! The Optimus Black also shows up on Net10’s activations page. The 2X is a GSM phone. Wonder what the new plans are now…

T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    Isn't the android phones on Sprint or tmobile only? They have released a different version other than the first one released. Can't recall the name of it

Sent from my Desire HD using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper View Post
    Holy crap! The Optimus Black also shows up on Net10’s activations page. The 2X is a GSM phone. Wonder what the new plans are now…

So possibly the rumor about an android coming on att is correct (saw it another thread)--the only thing is that the phones stay on the activations page forever until they come out. I am still waiting for the LG 505c for Net 10 and it has been on the activation page for a long time.

Device(s)
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Monthly
    Feedback Score
    They may be slow to roll out CDMA feature phones, but they have not been slow to roll out the Android phones. I am also thinking that the Optimu 2X would have to be in the $300 range.

Feedback Score
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/5021,5102

WOW!!! The 2X is a dual core phone?! The link above too Phone Arena has a comparison page showing the two phones specs side by side, neither phone is a slacker but .............who would have thought that ST would be one of the first PAYG providers to swing a dual core phone. I also wonder if the ST versions will be stock OS and Hardware or if they will be reduced.
    The 2X has 8 gigs on board memory and a 8 megapixel camera, I would hope they would keep it that way, but they might make changes, both phones are incredible phones much less the thought of ST getting them. And looking at the user review rating for the 2X it gets a full 5 stars, the Optimus Black gets just a pick over 4.
    300.00 for a phone that gets GREAT user reviews versus a 300.00 phone for a disappointing brick would be much preferred.

Questions remain though. Who will be the providers for the Black and the 2X? And will the price remain 45.00 a month for unlimited service?
    I think I know someone who might drop the 300 on the 2x if all the specs are the same as those on PA, and 45.00 a month is about 30.00 less than she is currently paying for about the same service.

Funny thing here is, I logged in today to ask if anyone had heard if ST was going to introduce any new phones and Sweeper drops this wagon load. LOL never a dull moment around here.

Hay Sweeper, Please keep us updated on this as much as possible, phones like this will get lots of converts to PAYG. In fact I know two other people that might drop ATT and TM for these phones. God I love sticking it to the contract plans. evil laugh.

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    This is great news, good to see Tracfone is still working hard to get better deals and better phones.

Sent from my Atrix 4G

Carrier(s)
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the news sweeper.
    Any news on the network, will it be on TMo only, or get the ATT with roaming.

Device(s)
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Monthly
    Feedback Score
    I will guess that the Black will be Sprint only. I base this on the phone also appearing on Net10's activations page. I think the 2X will be T-Mobile for talk, text and data, but will roam on AT&T for talk and text. Someone else posted about new plans coming and I can see a "first XXGB at 4G speed, then 2G speed" like some of T-Mobile Monthly's plans. Price of the plan I would guess between $50 and $60. That estimate may be a little high, but I don't see them being too much lower than that.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If the Optimus 2X does actually come to ST and is in fact GSM I'd guess it would run on T-Mobile towers and maybe roam on AT&T although maybe not. This will be interesting. I'd say it's very unlikely it run on AT&T unless they offer a new plan that only offers data somewhere in the range of 500mb-1GB per month.

Feedback Score
    If I could get a decent android phone from ST without having to do a SIM swap that would be phenomenal. $300 wouldn't be bad at all compared to the cost of a SIM swap. AND THEN I'd still be under $100 for unlimited(ish) service? I'm all in on that one!

I've watched several reviews of the Black and the 2X. I can't seem to call it on which is better. Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    This is pretty cool, to be honest!

Feedback Score
    Was looking around for some info on the LG Optimus 2x and found this.

Turns out from what I was able to find, the 2x is also known as the LG G2X, but as the Optimus 2X it is a T Mobile only phone so what Sweeper was saying sounds even more likely that the service for this will be through them.
    Just wondering what the Cost of the phone will be and the monthly service cost is.

Device(s)
    LG Extravert
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I hope that one is on At&t or Verizon...that would be nice...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, the Optimus 2X is the G2X on T-Mobile. Unfortunately that phone has had its share of issues, but I think its mostly been fixed in the Gingerbread update.
    I suspect it will be in the $300 range.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-P970-Optimu.../dp/B0053YCD6W
    Thats an Optimus Black, it has the T-Mobile 3G/4G bands as well.

This will definitely be a step in the right direction, even if its on T-Mobile. I think inevitably AT&T will want to jump on this bandwagon in the future if it proves to be lucrative for Sprint and possibly now T-Mobile. Tracfone has millions of customers, its not exactly a drop in the bucket.

Feedback Score
    My thoughts exactly. When the first two Androids came out under Sprint every one groaned. Why didn't ST do this or why that.
    People fail to recognize that AM can only move a product and service IF and WHEN a provider works with them on making said Product/Providers (PP) available.
    Sprint was the first one to work with AM so ST and Net10 got some decent Androids, and for the first time actually sold Androids.
    I said at the time, that if Sprint and ST sell a crap load of the Androids and Sprint makes enough money for themselves and AM with this venture, other providers will jump on board.
    Well it looks like enough time has passed for at least one provider to make a judgment call and get on the ST Android Train. But it sounds like they are going to one up Sprints initial offerings.
    I am also wondering if both of these phones will come from T Mobile. Because while as Sweeper said there is a CDMA version of the Optimus Black it is better known as the Marquee.
    ST does not have it listed as the LG Marquee that is coming.
    We know that T Mobile has the LG Optimus 2X and I just read that T Mobile in the UK got the Optimus Black back in March of 2011. I think it may be that TM is releasing the OB in the US and they are doing it along side another bad to the bone phone.
    All one needs to do is read in forums like this to see that people ARE willing to put out some cash to get a decent Android phone so they can get service at a reduced rate.
    200.00 for a Nokia then another 150 and up for an ATT phone that you can put the SIM card in to so that you have the Android you want at the 45 dollar price line you want.
    Providers see that people are paying 350 and up for their phones total cost so why shouldn't they provide the phones and service and get the money.

As for AT&T, they eventually may get with it, but I think it may be another year before we see it. I think it will be a while longer for people to buy the Nokia phones and do the SIM swaps.
    AT&T I think has a surplus of these old smart phones and they are going to do what ever it takes to sell them out. It is cheaper to send them back and have them reprogrammed to ST and then sell them than it is to let them sit or throw them away.

I'm interested to see user reviews on the 2X once ST releases it.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast