Thread: Does your local Sprint store till sell Nextel products??

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8350i
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL.|Communications
    Feedback Score

Does your local Sprint store till sell Nextel products??

Mine doesn't.

As a matter of fact, I asked an employee today if the still sold Nextel devices, and he said "Nope, we no longer carry any Nextel stuff." So I asked what happens if I want a new phone. He said "You will have to switch to Sprint Direct connect!"

How about your store?? is this really the end for Nextel?
    “Right now, I’m glad we have the iDEN network,” Hesse said. “I wouldn’t have said that 18 months ago, but I am now ... from a financial perspective.”

NEXTEL. Done. I guess that's "Life at SprintSpeed"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morningpride View Post
    Mine doesn't.

As a matter of fact, I asked an employee today if the still sold Nextel devices, and he said "Nope, we no longer carry any Nextel stuff." So I asked what happens if I want a new phone. He said "You will have to switch to Sprint Direct connect!"

How about your store?? is this really the end for Nextel?
    Plenty of Iden Phones on the Sprint website to purchase now.No need to use a crappy Qchat Sprint phone yet.The employee needs to look at Sprints website plenty of Iden to be found there.

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play Droid
    Carrier(s)
    The big V
    Feedback Score
    Mine doesn't carry them, but can order them if you ask for them. I got my i680 that way.

Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

A 680, really? That must have been close to 2 years. And the sprint fanboys say it's iden's fault that there's only loss. That makes sense as well as iden had positive growth until boost got highjacked with CDMA. At my closest store they have the titanium displayed and the 686, but the carry the 8350i and i576 also . The store in orangeburg Sc still has i9's
    Last edited by boss_hog; 12-05-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Hop, Skip, and a Jump from Tijuana, Mexico
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Almost all stores here in San Diego, CA still have iDen phones. It wouldn't surprise me if they keep selling them until the day iDen is shut off.

They sell VERY well here. Probably has to do with bordering with Mexico...
    MOBILE HISTORY:
    TM
    * 16: Moto X Pure 64GB Black
    TM, Telcel, ATT
    * 15: Note 3, ZE600, 2720
    * 14: Galaxy Avant, Z600
    Sprint/ATT
    * 12: GS3, 2720
    Nextel/Boost/ATT
    * 10: BB8350i, 2720
    * 09: i9, BB7520
    * 08: Tilt, i450
    * 07: W810i, A707, 8125, BlackJack
    * 06: L6, Z520, 6682
    VZ/TM/ATT
    * 05: 7135, i600, V551, 6230, 6620, Z600
    * 04: V300, T610, 6035, 3390
    * 03: T720C
    * 02: Advx CDM4000, 9000, 9155GPX, Thera

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Still have iDEN in SD due to such a big market being on the border..

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's going to be interesting to see what happens when somebody buys a Nextel device how they enforce a 2 year contract when there will be no network a year later.

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play Droid
    Carrier(s)
    The big V
    Feedback Score
    Yup, almost 2 years since I got that 680. Now, the hinge is shot and I'm just waiting for my contract to be up before I jump ship. Sad, but necessary.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see what happens when somebody buys a Nextel device how they enforce a 2 year contract when there will be no network a year later.
    its highly unlikely the network will just shut off in a year.More like a gradual phase out of Iden.I think the final phaseout will occur in 2017 when Southern Link upgrades their network to a new non iden service.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8350i
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL.|Communications
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Here's how....

New Agreements on the Nextel® National Network: Your service on a device activated on the Nextel National Network requires a new two-year Agreement per line. Sprint expressly reserves the right to migrate your service during the Agreement term from the Nextel National Network to the Nationwide Sprint Network to complete your Agreement term. Reasonable advance notice of the service change will be provided and customers can then either (a) choose to complete the Agreement term by transitioning to the Nationwide Sprint Network with no additional term commitment required (Transition Option), or (b) deactivate service. Deactivations because of this service change will not result in an Early Termination Fee (ETF). Transition Option: If you select the Transition Option, you will receive a free basic Sprint Direct Connect push to talk device and can maintain your existing service plan, if available. During the Agreement term, Sprint may provide other offers that are separate from the Transition Option at Sprint's discretion the details of which will be defined separately.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morningpride View Post
    Here's how....

New Agreements on the Nextel® National Network: Your service on a device activated on the Nextel National Network requires a new two-year Agreement per line. Sprint expressly reserves the right to migrate your service during the Agreement term from the Nextel National Network to the Nationwide Sprint Network to complete your Agreement term. Reasonable advance notice of the service change will be provided and customers can then either (a) choose to complete the Agreement term by transitioning to the Nationwide Sprint Network with no additional term commitment required (Transition Option), or (b) deactivate service. Deactivations because of this service change will not result in an Early Termination Fee (ETF). Transition Option: If you select the Transition Option, you will receive a free basic Sprint Direct Connect push to talk device and can maintain your existing service plan, if available. During the Agreement term, Sprint may provide other offers that are separate from the Transition Option at Sprint's discretion the details of which will be defined separately.
    That document means nothing.You can still opt out with no ETF if they force you to migrate.Note there are no dates in the document meaning they have no firm Iden sunset date.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pcsfan
    its highly unlikely the network will just shut off in a year.More like a gradual phase out of Iden.I think the final phaseout will occur in 2017 when Southern Link upgrades their network to a new non iden service.
    I'm not so sure on that, from what I can gather it's going to happen sometime in mid 2013 as that is when Sprint is saying Network Vision will be completed which includes the decommissioning of IDEN.

Quote Originally Posted by pcsfan View Post
    That document means nothing.You can still opt out with no ETF if they force you to migrate.Note there are no dates in the document meaning they have no firm Iden sunset date.
    I think that's what is stated in that document.

"choose to complete the Agreement term by transitioning to the Nationwide Sprint Network with no additional term commitment required (Transition Option), or (b) deactivate service. Deactivations because of this service change will not result in an Early Termination Fee (ETF)."

It doesn't much matter to me anymore as I got out of IDEN 09/2010 and keep a Boost line active on the 1.00 a day plan for the days I know it will come in handy.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    They don't have any Nextel stuff on display but I am sure they can order you something or maybe have some stuff in the back...
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work