Feedback Score

Verizon iPhone 4S switches to the blue circle a lot

I've had my Verizon iPhone 4S for a few days now, and it seems to switch from 3G to the blue circle (which means the slower 1xRTT) a lot. It can happen when I'm just sitting at my desk at work, so it's not like I'm moving around. Also, the last couple days I've held the iPhone in my hand during my 20 minute drive to work and it usually says 3G, but today during the entire drive to work it showed the blue circle. Makes me think something is wrong with the phone, and not Verizon. Why would locations that show 3G one day drop to the blue circle the next day? Or why would it switch from 3G to the blue circle when I'm just sitting at my desk? Anyone else have this problem?

Oh and something I've noticed a couple times now is that if my phone is showing the blue circle and then goes to the lock screen, and then I unlock it, it will show 3G again. Weird.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It's probably just some tower maintenance that's going on.
    Sent from my iPhone via the HoFo app

Carrier
    Current: Verizon. Former: at&t, Sprint, SunCom, PrimeCo, GTE Wireless, Contel Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Are you actually having problems when it shows blue circles? I am able to hold a call and transmit data the few times that it bounces in and out.

Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by interdigital View Post
    I've had my Verizon iPhone 4S for a few days now, and it seems to switch from 3G to the blue circle (which means the slower 1xRTT) a lot. It can happen when I'm just sitting at my desk at work, so it's not like I'm moving around. Also, the last couple days I've held the iPhone in my hand during my 20 minute drive to work and it usually says 3G, but today during the entire drive to work it showed the blue circle. Makes me think something is wrong with the phone, and not Verizon. Why would locations that show 3G one day drop to the blue circle the next day? Or why would it switch from 3G to the blue circle when I'm just sitting at my desk? Anyone else have this problem?

Oh and something I've noticed a couple times now is that if my phone is showing the blue circle and then goes to the lock screen, and then I unlock it, it will show 3G again. Weird.
    I've had the exact same problems with mine. I don't remember it happening nearly as much before the last update. But I'll be in areas with an incredibly 3G connection and then suddenly it drops out completely. And locking the phone and unlocking often bounces it back to 3G for me as well.

Phone
    64 GB iPhone 4s
    Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score

Same problem on AT&T

I'm with AT&T and I often have similar problems with my i4s. I think it's a software issue. I hope at least. I've been so frustrated lately. I've been tempted to switch to another Windows Phone with all the reception issues in the 4th and 5th generation iPhone devices.

Feedback Score
    I have the same problem with my Verizon iphone 4s. The first one I received constantly dropped 3G. I called Verizon and had the phone replaced. Second one is not as bad yet it still happens a lot. Thinking of calling Verizon again. I live in Westchester, NY and usually have a strong signal (4 bars) but no 3G.