Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Win a Galaxy Nexus in our 'what new features do you want to see from Bell contest'

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Win a Galaxy Nexus in our 'what new features do you want to see from Bell contest'

Win a Galaxy Nexus in our 'what new features do you want to see from Bell contest'

Hey everyone, I'm pleased to announce that we're giving away a Galaxy Nexus on Bell. To enter, all you have to do is reply to this post with what new features you’d like to see from Bell. I’ll pick the 10 best responses on December 8th at noon and randomly select one of them to be the winner. The 9 runner-ups will all receive HowardForums T-Shirts.

Contest Rules: Contest is open to all North American users who do not reside in Quebec. Limit one entry per person. If a Canadian wins they must answer the skill testing question: What version of Android is found on the Galaxy Nexus?. U.S. winner will be responsible for all taxes and customs. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Contest not open to HowardForums staff. Galaxy Nexus may be locked.

In case you don’t win one here, check out Bell’s Galaxy Nexus Twitter Line-up:

For those who want to ensure they are first to obtain Galaxy Nexus, the Bell Twitter Line-up runs from 10am to 10pm EST on December 1. The Bell Twitter Line-up is believed to be a first of its kind. This unique online purchasing opportunity guarantees 100 eligible people a Galaxy Nexus shipped to their address on launch day December 8.

Simply log-in between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. on December 1 and sign-up to get a pre-populated Tweet and secure your place in the virtual line. Places 1 to 100 need to return to the page once every hour before 10 p.m. and send out the latest tweet. When completed successfully, Bell will get in touch with shipping details and other arrangements.

For more details, please visit Bell.ca/GalaxyNexus.
    Last edited by howard; 12-01-2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: bolded link telling Quebecers why they're excluded.

Feedback Score
    18 month contracts instead of 2 year commitments. With the way the carrier subsidy works in Canada, does anyone even sign 2 year agreements anymore? 18 months is short and flexible enough for consumers and long enough for Bell to get return on their investment

Device(s)
    HTC Touch P3050
    Carrier(s)
    Clearnet/Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I'd like to see cute pigs and owl characters as mascots in their advertising.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S4, iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Data-Only)
    Feedback Score
    - On-demand television, rather than "live" TV. My schedule doesn't lend itself to watching shows exactly when they are on.

- No more long distances charges for calling a Canadian number or when receiving calls outside of your home area (on all account type, not just on extra-cost options).

- If I have a Bell landline number, make both it and my Bell Cellular phone ring simultaneously, thus allowing me to answer the call on either phone (no more bothering with Call Forwarding when I go out).

- Provide a way to transfer an in-progress call to my cellphone or back to my landline.

And just for fun:

Create humorous TV ads based on iconic Canadian characters, like (I don't know) beavers. Make them sound like well-known Canadian stand-up comedians like (I don't know) Norm MacDonald.

Feedback Score
    i'd like to see Bell offer better competitive Roaming Data Rates along with all voice plans including Canadian Nation Wide Minutes. Would like to also see Bell offer group deals / wireless for its members such as discounts on eating / shopping or could offer discounts when you connect to their wifi at Starbucks / McDonalds.

Device(s)
    HTC One X GSM
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'd like to see Bell offer a US Data Roaming package (uses your domestic data bucket, rather than a per MB charge). Rogers has it for non-business customers. Telus has it if you work LR hard enough.

It's the reason I haven't switched to Bell, and it's one of the reasons our "Employee Plan" is with Rogers.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel, LG Nexus 5x
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Oh wow some really good idea's. I would just like to have one
    How about "Remote Assistance"

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Canadian customer support
    Caller tones
    Reduced Roaming rates
    Do away with $7 caller ID
    Introduction of unlimited talk and text plans
    Data plans - instead of being charged for overages, give users the option to either buy a "data pack" (like extra $10 for 3GB) or get throttled to 256 kbps
    Do away with the concept of "long distance"
    Prepaid plans should be cheaper or similar to postpaid plans and not rob people for being on prepaid.

Sent from my Nexus One using HowardForums
    Last edited by xtachx; 11-30-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I would like to see better customer service. Please provide us with service from within Canada not sourced outside of the country.
    Phones owned: Samsung Galaxy Note II, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, iPhone4, iPhone, Blackberry 8310 Curve, Motorola Razr. Past: Samsung Galaxy S II LTE, Samsung Galaxy Infuse 4G, HTC EVO 3D, Blackberry 9810, iPhone 3G, Blackberry 9700, HTC Dream, Blackberry 9000 Bold, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a, Apple iPhone 2g, Samsung D807, Blackberry 8300 Curve, BB 8700r, BB 7290(X2), SE S710a, Samsung X426, SE T610, Motorola V600 and lots of old stuff

~My FeedBack~

Feedback Score
    -unlock there phones after 6months
    -nationwide calling to be included
    -2 year contracts instead if 3

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

- Standardize (same price per byte), and lower data pricing across the board (EVDO / HSPA / LTE, smartphone, dumb phone, pay as you go)
    - Cheaper, reasonablely priced US dada roaming
    - Maximum 24 month contract as no one wants to keep the same phone for three years
    - WiFi calling
    Last edited by technote; 11-30-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorola i576 Mike
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    Antenna based location service, should be displayed along with provider name. The phone should display major location, like intersection, park or other venue. It's used by few service providers across the world.
    The same should apply to subway, once they get the service there.

Device(s)
    N97
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Would like to see Bell offering mobile device management for Android/iOS phones to end customers. Be it from Notify, Zenprise, SOTI, Mobile Iron or upcoming Blackberry Fusion.

To allow customers to locate, remote lock/wipe, backup, encrypt their phones and so on.
    Last edited by crimper; 12-01-2011 at 09:49 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It would be nice to see the standard Canadian 3 year contract be reduced to 2 years maximum to be in line with the US and their pricing of phones on 2 year contracts.

They could try to lower cost of service by also offering a voip service over wifi like republic wireless is doing.

Also, do away with the current minimum plan requirements for certain phones. It is very hostile towards customers to force them into plans that are priced higher just because they want a good phone. If you buy a phone you should be allowed to choose what plan you want base on your requirements, not based on some minimum plan cost.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Mega
    Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    More. Freedom no contract

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast