Device(s)
    LG N5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Reports are that without a LTE sim in the Skyrocket it won't get data. I will try a regular sim in the Vivid when I get it and try.

What that means is even if you unlock the phone you can't use it for data in foreign countries.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have an iPhone 4 and love both phones. The vivid seems to be faster, but the voice is inferior upon my handling of the phones. I'm afraid of android fragmentation and also lag. (there seems to be a wee slight bit of lag on the skyrocket)

But I am SICK OF IOS! What should I do? Which one should I get?
    --1906!--

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am in the same boat as YOU!... I have felt the samsung couldn't talk on it and I love the formfactor, but I am hearing reports that the reception for LTE is poor. We have a test LTE network in Downtown New Orleans (via claims of 2 salesman at At&T store but who can trust them), but I want a great phone with a great experience that isn't Ios I am also tired of it. So help me out and decide for me. ALso how can we get At&t to honor the 99$ price point they will only offer me 199$

Device(s)
    Iphone 3gs
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    FYI, I was in Memphis. Thus, no LTE. Stinks, hungh?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    LTE devices were pre-released to the LTE markets on Nov 6th with a lower price in the LTE-ready markets. Best Buy, et al, were still selling them for the "full price" in the pre-release markets and regular LTE markets...Chicago, Texas, Atlanta, Arkansas/Oklahoma all got the $149 Skyrocket and $99 Vivid. The subsidy for the price reduction was only offered in certain markets to try to get subscribers to migrate to LTE from HSPA newtork.

The unlimited is available. If the retailer you go to can't find it in the data plans, they can find it in the "misc" section on the data/messaging/features section.

If you are interested in one of these phones, or if you find one and want to get the 4G LTE data added (you will need that soc on your account for the data to work correctly), I own/operate 6 stores in NW Arkansas. 479-418-0012 is our phone number for our warehouse store. You can reach me via email at [email protected]

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy S6, Nexus 5, Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jameybaxter View Post
    LTE devices were pre-released to the LTE markets on Nov 6th with a lower price in the LTE-ready markets. Best Buy, et al, were still selling them for the "full price" in the pre-release markets and regular LTE markets...Chicago, Texas, Atlanta, Arkansas/Oklahoma all got the $149 Skyrocket and $99 Vivid. The subsidy for the price reduction was only offered in certain markets to try to get subscribers to migrate to LTE from HSPA newtork.

The unlimited is available. If the retailer you go to can't find it in the data plans, they can find it in the "misc" section on the data/messaging/features section.

If you are interested in one of these phones, or if you find one and want to get the 4G LTE data added (you will need that soc on your account for the data to work correctly), I own/operate 6 stores in NW Arkansas. 479-418-0012 is our phone number for our warehouse store. You can reach me via email at [email protected]
    Skyrocket was $149 in NYC and we don't have a single tower with LTE service deployed as of today. Something to think about.
    Verizon Wireless 20Mhz FDD LTE

Device(s)
    Blackberry BOld
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The problem i have with AT&T LTE is that they do not have National 700Mhz licenses to roll it out. Even if the T-Molbile acquisition were to go through, it doesn't give them the option to have national LTE coverage. If you only "work and play" in large cities (and counties), this is fine. But if i have any aspirations to go where the "buffalo roam, and the deer and antelope play", forget it! The skies may not b cloudy all day; but there is a discouraging word. But no one will hear you say it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Actually Tmo acquisition does give them national LTE deployment capability. **** right now they can do pretty good LTe coverage, but the tmo acquisition would make it a lot more complete.
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Device(s)
    Blackberry BOld
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Sorry, misread the FCC data. I love the fact that 700 mhz gives 1/3 more coverage (over 800mhz). It is my understanding that under the current model, this will only increase data coverage. This seems to be true of all carriers implementing at that frequency. That is awesome if you only use data; but if you rely on wireless for emergency communications; good luck

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This Lte is going to be field day, don't remember exactly, but it's going to run on ~38 frequencies.
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Device(s)
    Blackberry BOld
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    LTE is the future, and the speeds are awesome! Its a race to see who can build it out nationally, and the quickest. The biggest hurdle is for handset and switch/cell site vendors to keep up. The new licenses seem to come faster than they can keep up with. Even with one technology, they need to work backwards to make it compatible with existing (CDMA and GSM) systems. A few years from know it will be a mute point; as with the conversation from analog and TDMA. Bit for now it is something to overcome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2