Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: PC Mobile unlimited data!?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    Feedback Score
    anyone having issues with their UMB? Recently it's been flaky and I can't use the proxy, not that it matters much.
    roaming...

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just tried mine a couple of nights ago, after many months of not using it. It worked great, using the proxy. I just verified now again. $0.25/day accounting is correct. Web and email work.

Why can't you use the proxy?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    I just tried mine a couple of nights ago, after many months of not using it. It worked great, using the proxy. I just verified now again. $0.25/day accounting is correct. Web and email work.

Why can't you use the proxy?
    Seems to be working again. Thanks, I don't know why it didn't work before, all I know is that on three computers it wouldn't work with the proxy and once I took it off it worked fine without additional charges. I'm back on the proxy now because it's supposed to work that way. Funky local hiccup I suppose.

LoL also, I've been using mine almost daily because I need a temporary fill-in for internet until August/September.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    crap.

Guess I let it sit for too long and my account was closed. Dammit.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Darn, and I'm still trying to get my hands on one of these things!! I actually had a Bell unlimited data line briefly this year - yes, FULL unlimited data, not mobile browser - but transferred it away for $75 because the voice plan/addons were way too expensive.

I've seen one PC Mobile plan go for $100. But asking around it seems that people want hundreds or even thousands for these things!

Either I'm a terrible salesperson or...you guys love your PC mobile lines! :-)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DataDude View Post
    Darn, and I'm still trying to get my hands on one of these things!! I actually had a Bell unlimited data line briefly this year - yes, FULL unlimited data, not mobile browser - but transferred it away for $75 because the voice plan/addons were way too expensive.

I've seen one PC Mobile plan go for $100. But asking around it seems that people want hundreds or even thousands for these things!

Either I'm a terrible salesperson or...you guys love your PC mobile lines! :-)
    And on PC Mobile voice plans & add ons are not expensive?

Sent from Telus's HTC Amaze 4G running on Shared HSPA+ Network

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Considering the cheaper data, yes, I believe PC Mobile would meet my needs more economically. At Bell I was paying close to $100 just to get something reasonably decent. Considering around 6-15 GB of data costs $7 with the UMB plan on PC Mobile (note: I didn't say "unlimited" because it is not truly unlimited) this would be far less costly in my situation.

Feedback Score
    ^ $40.75 will get you unlimited anytime incoming, unlimited eve & weekend at 6pm & unlimited text, picture & video messaging plus $7 or $10 for UMB depending on which version you have or $20.75 can get you all outgoing & incoming calls @ .10c a minute & unlimited text, picture & video messages plus the cost of your $7 or $10 UMB.

I haven't looked at P C Mobiles site so I have no what there plans are a like.

Sent from Telus's HTC Amaze 4G running on Shared HSPA+ Network

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Absolutely, pretty decent all things considering...

I have to ask and sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but...where the heck did you people hear about this plan in the short time that it was available with a SIM card, early 2011? What's the best resource for keeping up on the occasional sweet offer like this, short of opening every forum and sub forum on Hofo and reading all the threads? Maybe I just missed it but I don't recall seeing this on Mobile Syrup or in a general Hofo announcement, and I like to think I normally keep up pretty well...

Also, says me with fingers crossed, I'm...still...looking for an UMB plan! I have all positive feedback here on Hofo...PM me!

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The unlimited data option was actually available, for $5/month, for a long time previously. I still have a phone with that option, though the Nokia 2855i's Web browser is so limited that it's laughable. I heard about PC Mobility offering SIM cards and with the $0.25/day data option right here on this subforum. Lots of other carriers were offering various on-handset UMB plans at the time, so it did not seem unusual until it was apparent that there was no restriction on carrier-supplied dumbphones and such.

While consumption can be in the gigabytes for the grandfathered data option, the current 100MB option shows what the carrier had in mind. They expected modest on-handset consumption with their own basic handsets, and for it not to even be worthwhile to do accounting. Then Bell told PC Mobility that some subscribers were racking up multiple gigabytes and that was the end of the unlimited data option.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    ^yeah, I think it was the same for me. Heard about the SIM cards on RFD and thought their UMB would be a good grab since other prepaids all had more limitations and PC's was substantially cheaper.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    ^yeah, I think it was the same for me. Heard about the SIM cards on RFD and thought their UMB would be a good grab since other prepaids all had more limitations and PC's was substantially cheaper.
    +1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    Pixel 2
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone ever tried changing their phone number but keeping the unlimited browsing?

I have one of the PC Mobile sims that I would sell if I could keep my number. I'm not sure that I can though. It sounds like the consensus is that any change to the account would end the unlimited.

Anyone have any experience?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthRhino View Post
    Has anyone ever tried changing their phone number but keeping the unlimited browsing?

I have one of the PC Mobile sims that I would sell if I could keep my number. I'm not sure that I can though. It sounds like the consensus is that any change to the account would end the unlimited.

You have a buyer already?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthRhino View Post

I think you can change the number but not keep the old one. Most carriers do not seem willing to port a number out *and* keep an account active for you afterwards.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast