Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Now I am having even more difficulty understanding the WP7 love over Meego.....

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    It is the sheer number of apps. The reason for this is everyone is different and has different needs. While yes, we might all be pretty similar in that we mainly use 10 apps, maybe 20 at tops, there will be more difference among the apps than there is similarity. A large number of apps means there's a greater chance of finding something that's actually useful to you. You don't hear about iOS or Android users complaining that they can't find an app that does what they want, virtually anything covered in another platform they have covered too. Windows Phone users still complain about it a bit, but with the rapid developer adoption they know that as long as the most important ones are covered, the less important but still quite handy ones will come soon enough.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Device(s)
    N9 & N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The first review of the Lumia is in:

http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/3/25...mia-800-review

The verdict appears that it is underwhelming. Not bad but not great. They even wrap it up by stating how much more exciting the N9 is.

To address all this discussion of apps = success. It all depends on how you use a device. If apps don't matter then it does not matter how much of a user base an OS has.

If apps are important to someone then there is no better choice than iOS or Android. My N8 is still getting by just fine with fewer apps. I only ever purchased one app from the Ovi/Nokia store so apps are not very important to me. I am more likely to tinker around with software and homebrew than download any apps. That is why the N9 is so attractive to me and why I still continue to tinker with my N8.

Feedback Score
    I better have 10 quality apps than 30k all kinds of apps ... I agree.

Feedback Score
    @migo

If it was just about the number of apps, iOS would have a greater market share than Android

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2