Thread: Cheapest refill card to keep going?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Question Cheapest refill card to keep going?

Hi Guys,

I had my Verizon phone on the $50 unlimited plan. A couple of days ago, it expired, and now I don't wanted to spend the whole $50 to get the unlimited plan, instead, just recharge my account with the cheapest balance possible to keep the line alive, in case I want to stick to Verizon for my primary use, later.

Can you guys tell me where I can get the CHEAPEST, minimum refill card to keep my line alive and WHERE can I get one? The one on their site is $35, I don't want to spend that for a line I will not use.

Thanks for your help!

Carrier(s)
    ATT Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Do you just want to keep your number?

You could port it to Page Plus Cellular and pay a minimum of $10 for 120 days on the standard plan.
    I'm not sure what phone you are using on the Verizon unlimited plan, but for PP you need a Verizon phone that's not a prepaid model.

If you want to keep your Verizon prepaid service alive, you can buy $30 cards that last 90 days.
    You might want to switch to the basic daily plan though.

Callingmart sells cards for PP and Verizon prepaid.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think that the $50 you paid to start the plan last month still counts for a 3 month expiration. So your number will be kept reserved for 2 more months (plus 1 month grace period after that) even though you can't use the phone now with a zero balance because the calling plan has run out. In other words, the calling plan expiration is a different thing from the account expiration.

Even with a zero balance try to dial #BAL or web browse My Verizon from the phone and see the expiration date.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses guys!

No, I don't care about the number, I just want the Verizon account active, in case I go back to it, and not have to pay the ridiculous activation fee and etc.

Is there anyway to confirm that the $50 phone plan will keep the line active for 3 months? I don't care about making calls, so 0 balance is fine.

$30 minimum card sounds horrible!

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A do-it-yourself activation or re-activation should be free. Fees are charged by Verizon stores or if you order a prepaid on vzw.com.

Have you tried to check the expire date on My Verizon?

Carrier(s)
    ATT Gophone
    Feedback Score
    I recently activated a phone on Verizon prepaid and did the activation online and it didn't cost anything.
    Also I registered for an online account and I can manage my plan and check on expiration date or add refill cards right there.

Also the $30 is good for 3 months, so only $10 a month.