View Poll Results: Which one would you get?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samsung Nexus Prime

19 55.88%
  • HTC Rezound (Vigor)

4 11.76%
  • Motorola Droid Razr

11 32.35%
  • None of these. (What else are you considering?)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Nexus Prime vs HTC Rezound (Vigor) vs Motorola Droid Razr

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Samsung Nexus Prime vs HTC Rezound (Vigor) vs Motorola Droid Razr

(I'm not sure if this is the best place to create a thread about phones from 3 different brands.)

These 3 phones will be announced net week (10/18). I'm still holding onto the first motorola droid which is becoming a real pain. I'm just wondering which one people are thinking of getting and why. I'm personally considering the Samsung Nexus Prime just for the Ice Cream Sandwich.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The prime is the way to go if you want a phone supported by Google.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The Galaxy Nexus (what you called the Prime). A stock Android experience, with updates before any other phones, that isn't bogged down by manufacturer's skins and bloatware. From all of the leaks and info out there on the three, it doesn't sound like the RAZR or the Rezound have anything that really push them ahead of the Nexus on the hardware front, and they certainly won't beat it on the software front. From where I'm standing, it's not even a question.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Feedback Score
    If the reported screen sizes are correct, I may get the Vigor/Rezound.
    The 4.3 screen is the sweet spot for me. Razr may be a 5 incher. Weight will also be a factor.
    I tend to put my phone in my front pocket (shirt) and if the phone is too heavy, then not so comfortable.

I had been seeing lots of Vigor posting from the various Android web sites, then this last week not much, then the last 24 hrs seems that Nov 11 is Verizon's release date. I was reallllly hoping for October.

I too have an orig Droid and have been itching for a new ph.
    I passed over the Bionic and now I am afraid Verizon up to them shenanigans (spelling) on the Vigor.
    If the Vigor keeps getting postponed and looks like early 2012, not sure what I will do.

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It was going to be the Vigor until Nexus Prime decided to come play in the same timeframe (OG Droid here too)

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Barring tons of awful reviews or horrible bugs, I plan on getting the Galaxy Nexus. Stock Android experience (and hopefully nice, quick firmware updates) here I come!!

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Now that both phones have been announced, any one change their mind?

The Razr looks really sexy, the biggest strike against it for me is the of course that it doesn't have Ice Cream sandwich until sometime somewhere next year. I'll probably still get the Galaxy Nexus...

Feedback Score
    My thunderbolt has been great, but with the vigor only having a 1620mah battery, i'll bet my ridiculous salary, (small) that the battery life will be comparable to the bolt with the same design (looks) and thickness.

Sent from my ADR6400L using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    With the current 4G models, I like the Bionic the best.
    But out of these new 3 models, its a tough choice.
    I'd say the Galaxy Nexus has the biggest "Wow" factor with the larger screen and Android 4, but I have a feeling the Razor will feel better made and possible have better 4G reception and better call quality. The HTC might be the fastest, since it should have 1.5GHz dual core. I was a bit surprised the Galaxy Nexus is only 1.2 dual core.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Feedback Score
    The Face detection, NFC and other features in ICS are cool, but the Nexus screen size is bit much.
    And yes also not impressed that it might have a 1.2 dual core vs a 1.5.

When the Galaxy S2 came out and Verizon past it by, I had an e-mail exchange with a Verizon rep who said- just wait a realllllly impressive (I para phrase) device is around the corner - which from the e-mail sounded like early October.

For me the Rezound & Razr are on my radar. Will take chances that ICS will come to those phones in early 2012. Also hoping that these 3 phones do come out by Nov 10th and don't turn out to be a Bionic debacle.

I would like to hold all three before making a decision.

Device(s)
    BB 9930
    Carrier(s)
    air
    Feedback Score
    DOes anyone know if Samsung Nexus Prime or Razr will be "Worldphones" on Verizon (with the SIM card so you use it in Europe?)

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryMF View Post
    DOes anyone know if Samsung Nexus Prime or Razr will be "Worldphones" on Verizon (with the SIM card so you use it in Europe?)
    No, the US Verizon models will not be world phones.
    There is currently no 4G LTE phone that will also work on overseas GSM bands.

Device(s)
    BB 9930
    Carrier(s)
    air
    Feedback Score
    oh wow. that totally changes my plans..... I guess if I want to use the phone in Europe I have to get an iPhone 4s

Device(s)
    enV2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i need to see how well the pentile will work on the nexus. the htc is also gonna be HD and have 1.5 ghz and 8mp camera. it'll be tough to weight that against the ICS alone. Does ICS even matter if you're going to root and flash the phone? The HD screen was a big draw for me, but I am very sensitive to that cross-thatching effect i've seen on some other phone.
    ---Mr.MojoRisin'

Device(s)
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryMF View Post
    oh wow. that totally changes my plans..... I guess if I want to use the phone in Europe I have to get an iPhone 4s
    No. There are a number of non-LTE phones that are "world phones". 3G only, of course.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh Map]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast