Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: [OFFICIAL THREAD] Nokia N9: Reviews, Issues, Tips, Tricks & Support Thread

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demati View Post
    looks like there is another n9 option. They had a white n9 at nokia world sporting an updated firmware.

http://thisismynext.com/2011/10/26/w...p1-1-hands-on/
    zomg...........!!!!!
    in da hood we say "don't drink & drive, park & sip"

Device(s)
    N9 & N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was about to source a N9 from Europe but now I am debating holding out for the white.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I love the black, but the white pretty much sells me on the N9. I will just hold out for that (hopefully pr 1.1 will be available too). Glad the 64gb is releasing first as well. I hope there will be enough available to reach demand =/. Let's hope the WP7 nokia craze draws less attention to it when it releases haha.

I wasn't impressed with the Nokia 800 especially after seeing the comparison on engadget with the N9. I'm sure it runs smoothly, but it's also not releasing to the US until next year. And if I'm going to import, might as well import an N9. Only thing the 800 has going for it is the price.

The N9 just has more of what I want. If I'm going to get a nokia WP device, I'd rather wait for a true beast to release next year. With the choice between the same hardware shell, the N9 is far more enticing to me. I loved the N900 with no 3G on AT&T, so the N9 will suffice =P.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwindexe View Post
    Yeah, I love the black, but the white pretty much sells me on the N9. I will just hold out for that (hopefully pr 1.1 will be available too). Glad the 64gb is releasing first as well. I hope there will be enough available to reach demand =/. Let's hope the WP7 nokia craze draws less attention to it when it releases haha.

I wasn't impressed with the Nokia 800 especially after seeing the comparison on engadget with the N9. I'm sure it runs smoothly, but it's also not releasing to the US until next year. And if I'm going to import, might as well import an N9. Only thing the 800 has going for it is the price.

The N9 just has more of what I want. If I'm going to get a nokia WP device, I'd rather wait for a true beast to release next year. With the choice between the same hardware shell, the N9 is far more enticing to me. I loved the N900 with no 3G on AT&T, so the N9 will suffice =P.
    White N9 comes with PR 1.1 installed...
    Nokia N950

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Even better! Now I just have to wait it out. Those pics of the white... looks like a glossy shell to me as opposed to the matte finish of the polycarbonate shell of the current N9. Could this be simply for display purposes?

Also, are you going to get an 800 to do a comparison with the N9?

edit: just read on maemo.org that the gloss white was used for the white prototype devices. no word if that's what the final product will have. regardless, not an issue... just a difference that I noticed.

edit 2: and this... "The white Nokia N9 sports a glossy finish, so it looks slightly different from its matte sisters in black, magenta and cyan. It will be available during the fourth quarter of 2011, starting with the 64GB version."

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Even better! Now I just have to wait it out. Those pics of the white... looks like a glossy shell to me as opposed to the matte finish of the polycarbonate shell of the current N9. Could this be simply for display purposes?

Also, are you going to get an 800 to do a comparison with the N9?

edit: just read on maemo.org that the gloss white was used for the white prototype devices. no word if that's what the final product will have. regardless, not an issue... just a difference that I noticed.

edit 2: and this... "The white Nokia N9 sports a glossy finish, so it looks slightly different from its matte sisters in black, magenta and cyan. It will be available during the fourth quarter of 2011, starting with the 64GB version."
    No, it is a glossy finish instead of matte. It should be the final product.
    I have no intention of ever buying a Nokia Windows phone... if someone were to lend me theirs for a day or two, I'd gladly do a review of both, but I am all about the N9. The more I use it, the more I love it, and the more I want to use it.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I was only asking because I like that engadget made the comparison at least because the shell is similar (and because I want to see someone show that meego is better than wp7 haha). But the N9 is still the better device in my mind. I will be joining the N9 crew soon enough. I would have to be blown away by a WP7 device for me to go for it but I'm just not comfortable with the OS. The UI and built in functionality of the N9/Meego are what I'm sold on. Can't wait.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I was only asking because I like that engadget made the comparison at least because the shell is similar (and because I want to see someone show that meego is better than wp7 haha). But the N9 is still the better device in my mind. I will be joining the N9 crew soon enough. I would have to be blown away by a WP7 device for me to go for it but I'm just not comfortable with the OS. The UI and built in functionality of the N9/Meego are what I'm sold on. Can't wait.
    I have played with and ran around with a wp7 phone for a month. Sure it does things good enough, but it isn't as pretty, as eye catching or as fun as the N9, emphasis on FUN. I actually enjoy and look forward to using my N9, wp7, was a bore to use. Sure it did things well, but it didn't excite me and that is my biggest complaint with wp7.

Edit: Almost done with my review for the N9, I should have it up on my blog in the next few days or so.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Ok... will definitely be looking out for it. Yeah I have a feeling WP7 is going to be just like iOS for me. I'll get bored too fast. I have to withhold judgement until I use it, but I even get bored with Android too. Never got bored with Maemo though.. the community had a lot to do with it. Hopefully Meego and its community will keep me happy for ages.

Device(s)
    N9 & N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
    White N9 comes with PR 1.1 installed...
    It was my understanding that the current N9 is PR1.0. PR1.1 is supposed to be the update that fixes some of the bugs found in 1.0. Both are considered Meego 1.2.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Demati View Post
    It was my understanding that the current N9 is PR1.0. PR1.1 is supposed to be the update that fixes some of the bugs found in 1.0. Both are considered Meego 1.2.
    He's saying that the white N9 will be released when PR1.1 is available. So it makes sense that it will ship with it. Both are releasing Q4.

Device(s)
    N9 & N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    He's saying that the white N9 will be released when PR1.1 is available. So it makes sense that it will ship with it. Both are releasing Q4.
    Ah. My bad.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That's not what I said... What I said was that PR 1.1 will come installed on the White Nokia N9 out of the box.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Haha ok, isn't that what I was clarifying for him though? That the white N9 will ship with it?

Or are you saying that the white N9 (with 1.1 of course) will actually ship prior to the release of PR1.1 for the other N9s?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Haha ok, isn't that what I was clarifying for him though? That the white N9 will ship with it?

Or are you saying that the white N9 (with 1.1 of course) will actually ship prior to the release of PR1.1 for the other N9s?
    Knowing Nokia, it will be released prior to PR1.1 being released for the other N9's.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast