Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S II

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
    It's also getting bad reviews for battery life......
    Oh gee, it's and Android phone. What else is new? I'm an Android fan, but a lot of these devices have awful battery life.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    Oh gee, it's and Android phone. What else is new? I'm an Android fan, but a lot of these devices have awful battery life.
    True, but the AT&T version and the International versions are getting unexpectedly poor battery life as compared to the Sprint device.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthroMatt View Post
    The blue tint on whites is part of the way super AMOLED displays just work, if I am not mistaken. My Samsuck Epic on Sprint had it too. I think it's just the nature of the display type.
    from what i understand its the rule not the exception with the blue tint. the AMOLED displays oversaturate on a colder scale compared to normal coloring.

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldilocks View Post
    True, but the AT&T version and the International versions are getting unexpectedly poor battery life as compared to the Sprint device.
    Who has it for reviews yet? Didn't the Sprint one have a bulked up battery pack?

Also, they are not getting me to upgrade until they give me my freaking keyboard. I honestly really don't see the day to day usage difference between the Captivate and the SGSII. Yes, I know it's faster, dual-core, all that, but that just doesn't affect the usage of it on a regular basis. Buying some non Samsuck phone probably would though.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    Who has it for reviews yet? Didn't the Sprint one have a bulked up battery pack?

Also, they are not getting me to upgrade until they give me my freaking keyboard. I honestly really don't see the day to day usage difference between the Captivate and the SGSII. Yes, I know it's faster, dual-core, all that, but that just doesn't affect the usage of it on a regular basis. Buying some non Samsuck phone probably would though.
    http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=41395

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Sa...-Review_id2831

Feedback Score
    http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=8938

They gave it a really good review. The only thing they didn't like about it was signal strength but I'd say that's pretty much on par with any Samsung smartphone.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint / AT&T
    Feedback Score
    And now Engadget has done their review and under 'Pros' it shows 'Incredibly long battery life'. LOL. Who knows...

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/30/a...y-s-ii-review/

Device(s)
    After trying many phones, the one phone that is worthy of this spot is the 6620!!
    Feedback Score
    I have this phone, what's so special about it? What should I be checking out to see how powerful it is?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint / AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ivwshane View Post
    I have this phone, what's so special about it? What should I be checking out to see how powerful it is?
    I'd recommend downloading Quadrant Standard and Linpack, both from the Android Marketplace and posting your Score and Mflops (single and multi-thread), respectively...

Device(s)
    iphone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just called 4 stores in the Los Angeles area. 2 of them said it would be through online only, that they would not have them in stock, one said yes they would, and one said he thinks they will have them, but they don't get phones until Sunday.
    The first one, Glendale, said the Samsung rep was just there and said it would be through fulfillment only. Kinda bursts my bubble.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint / AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmura View Post
    I just called 4 stores in the Los Angeles area. 2 of them said it would be through online only, that they would not have them in stock, one said yes they would, and one said he thinks they will have them, but they don't get phones until Sunday.
    The first one, Glendale, said the Samsung rep was just there and said it would be through fulfillment only. Kinda bursts my bubble.
    I'd suggest people check their local Best Buys. All the ones around me say they've already got them yet all the AT&T direct stores either don't have them or are lying. Nor Cal here in 916.

Device(s)
    After trying many phones, the one phone that is worthy of this spot is the 6620!!
    Feedback Score
    Both the LA and nor cal market corporate stores will not be getting the phone which sucks because people are actually coming in our calling in about this phone.

One thing I do like about the phone is that the voice recognition works and does alot more than other phones in my opinion.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint / AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The phone is now live on AT&T's site to order. I'm showing $199 after instant $100 rebate on my Premier account.

Also on Amazon for $149 with free 2 day shipping and no tax (for me here in Ca. at least).

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...7532857&sr=1-4
    Last edited by Kadin; 10-02-2011 at 12:40 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score
    I have one that was sold for the Claro network in Puerto Rico. I have been using it on ATT and the battery life is better than the Captivate, X10, Inspire, and unbranded Galaxy S 1 with the same usage pattern.

Device(s)
    HTC touch pro
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    thinking about pulling the trigger...With my premier account I could get it at a monthly rate of $50. So how much of surcharge and fee am I looking at? I get an impression that T-mobile has less BS surcharges.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast