Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing an N9

Feedback Score
    Dear god I want a 64 Black so bad. 698 is insane for this. An iPhone 4s it's not. I'm also skeptical of SGBest. And the warranty concerns me importing it to the US.

But. It looks. So. Damn. Cool!

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    $698 is actually cheap compared to what people have been paying since release. But at least prices are starting to even out a little and come down. I guess it's not "cheap" but cheap relative to initial prices. some people were paying upwards of 900.

Still waiting on white to release... and then for prices to fall. Going to be a while for my N9 haha.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwindexe View Post
    $698 is actually cheap compared to what people have been paying since release. But at least prices are starting to even out a little and come down. I guess it's not "cheap" but cheap relative to initial prices. some people were paying upwards of 900.

Still waiting on white to release... and then for prices to fall. Going to be a while for my N9 haha.
    $900???!! I'm worried these people aren't legit:

http://www.sgbest.com/

So I haven't bit on the 64, yet. Everyone else is considerably higher, Expansys USA, Negri.

Everyone get the update? Even our fellow members using in the USA?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmstrong View Post
    $900???!! I'm worried these people aren't legit:

http://www.sgbest.com/

So I haven't bit on the 64, yet. Everyone else is considerably higher, Expansys USA, Negri.

Everyone get the update? Even our fellow members using in the USA?
    If I were in your shoes, I'd wait till the price comes lower, i don't know much about sgbest.com and I'd stay away. I do know that I paid close to $900 for my n9, but in my mind it's worth every penny...
    Now, in regards to the updates, It's for Finnish release of the N9, meaning if your N9 is from Australia, like mine, then it's not getting it for awhile...
    Nokia N950

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
    If I were in your shoes, I'd wait till the price comes lower, i don't know much about sgbest.com and I'd stay away. I do know that I paid close to $900 for my n9, but in my mind it's worth every penny...
    Now, in regards to the updates, It's for Finnish release of the N9, meaning if your N9 is from Australia, like mine, then it's not getting it for awhile...
    So if you wanted to import one to the US the best bet would be from a UK retailer, a la Handtec or Clove? Closer to Finland, pretty much guarantees a Finnish build? Or are the all manufactured in Asian countries and spread out?

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    So if you wanted to import one to the US the best bet would be from a UK retailer, a la Handtec or Clove? Closer to Finland, pretty much guarantees a Finnish build? Or are the all manufactured in Asian countries and spread out?
    sgbest actually seems to be a reputable seller. Many have bought N9s from them and received from them with no problems. As for Handtec, I've read about many problems people have been having with their devices. (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79576)

I would wait a little bit. Seems like 1.1 is going to fix a lot. Many of the people with handtec issues seem to be waiting for pr1.1 to fix a lot. Example, even if they send the device back to handtec, handtec would try and give them a pr1.1 device when available.

So either jump on sgbest right now, or wait for 1.1 to release along with continuous price drops. Prices are slowly going down weekly, which is a good thing.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I second what blackwindexe said. It seems if you buy your N9 in Europe then it will be a Finnish release...

Feedback Score
    sgbest actually seems to be a reputable seller. Many have bought N9s from them and received from them with no problems. As for Handtec, I've read about many problems people have been having with their devices. (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79576)

I would wait a little bit. Seems like 1.1 is going to fix a lot. Many of the people with handtec issues seem to be waiting for pr1.1 to fix a lot. Example, even if they send the device back to handtec, handtec would try and give them a pr1.1 device when available.

So either jump on sgbest right now, or wait for 1.1 to release along with continuous price drops. Prices are slowly going down weekly, which is a good thing.
    XDA has all doubts about them. I'll hold and wait. Shame though I really want to play with one, more than a Galaxy Nexus.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    XDA has all doubts about them. I'll hold and wait. Shame though I really want to play with one, more than a Galaxy Nexus.
    Where are you located?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
    where are you located?
    oh! Io. Oh. Io!

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    ^Seems a little high. Starting to see 16gb in the $580 range occasionally. Prices on amazon.de are changing hourly apparently too according to some on maemo. I guess sellers are trying to figure out what prices sell well for this device and what doesn't.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    oh! Io. Oh. Io!
    I'd offer to let you play with my N9 if you were in a major town, I travel to most big ones often...

Quote Originally Posted by ernesthelmer View Post
    On eBay, 16Gb models tend to go for $850 or so. I haven't seen the phone show up on Amazon yet.
    This is 16GB :
    http://www.personaldigital.com.au/p1...#axzz1c19TLh9h

$670 with 3 day shipping (US dollars)....
    What a waste, $850 for a 16GB model? That is overpriced...

^Seems a little high. Starting to see 16gb in the $580 range occasionally. Prices on amazon.de are changing hourly apparently too according to some on maemo. I guess sellers are trying to figure out what prices sell well for this device and what doesn't.
    Seems like price gouging to me...

BTW: PR1.1 is out, I'm currently updating my N9 with it for Australia... Using NSU...

Feedback Score
    I'd offer to let you play with my N9 if you were in a major town, I travel to most big

It's cool, I appreciate the offer. I'm waiting for the 64 to fall to $600/$650. Or I find a used one after the thrill has worn off from an early adopter.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'd offer to let you play with my N9 if you were in a major town, I travel to most big

It's cool, I appreciate the offer. I'm waiting for the 64 to fall to $600/$650. Or I find a used one after the thrill has worn off from an early adopter.
    Good idea... PR1.1 now makes the phone amazing... worth having... I can use it more efficiently than my N8 now...

Device(s)
    N9 & N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
    Good idea... PR1.1 now makes the phone amazing... worth having... I can use it more efficiently than my N8 now...
    Is there anything you miss about the N8? I think the only thing I would miss would be the camera and Advanced Call Manager.

Don't get me wrong I like Belle and I could get by fine with it for a while longer. I am just waiting for the N9 price to drop a little more. Right now I can find a 64gb for $780. If it was bellow $700 I would pull the trigger.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast