Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875 Release Thread

Device(s)
    Motorola Bionic
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bull3964 View Post
    90 days is the exchange window. So, if you got the bionic on launch day you have until December 7th to trade in.

I'm pretty sure cosmetic damage will prevent you from trading in the phone. It probably depends on how bad and how closely they look at it.

I doubt anything inside is damaged. These are solid state devices and can take pretty big shocks. The screen would break long before anything inside was hurt.
    Cool, thanks for the reassurance. And yeah, I checked the ports and whatnot and it works okay.

Guess I'll have to choke up fifty bucks if I wanna get a nice pristine Bionic. It's not THAT bad, but the border around the phone on the top is slightly crushed in right over the earpiece hole.

Device(s)
    Motorola Bionic
    Feedback Score
    Hmm... alright.

I was really fine with this phone through the thick and thin of the Pentile screen issues, the battery life, and the shoddy camera, but this new problem I've encountered takes the cake. My apps are taking turns disappearing on me. Some searching has found that others are having the problem too. I don't think I can use a phone that's hiding apps from time to time; that's just ridiculous.

I'm going to start seriously looking into the Galaxy Nexus now and figure out a way to get it. My Bionic is a bit dinged up already like I've said before, so I'll have to manage some way around that. Sucks because I really did like this phone. Call quality is great, it's very fast, the haptic keyboard is great, and bluetooth works like a charm on it. Oh well.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I still find the Nexus interesting, but short of the bootloader, I do not see anything highly wrong with the phone.

Device(s)
    DROID X, iPhone 3G (...Prepaid AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I find it ironic that every bionic thread has something wrong with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You mean the thread and not it's contents?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Are we still getting an OS update this month? Is it 2.3.6 or just a maintanance upgrade of 2.3.4? Is it ~6 months to ICS?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can kbman or anyone else post a link to backup/recovery software? Has anyone remove the Verizon bloatware?bloatware

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    Can kbman or anyone else post a link to backup/recovery software? Has anyone remove the Verizon bloatware?bloatware

You may want to repost these questions or have a moderator move your post to the actual Droid Bionic section. You may get more responses... :-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    There is a thread about rooting the Bionic here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...id-Bionic-Root
    Once it's rooted, you can use Titanium Backup.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    FAUguy, nothing new has been posted in the root thread for quite a while. Will that app work the same as the Clockwork recovery for the D1? I am concerned abkut recovery when my phone is "soft bricked".

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Bionic Bootstrap has been available in the market for weeks. That is the way to get a useable CWM recovery on it. Then you can backup the system and user data images as you did with D1.

You cannot backup and restore a boot image or use any custom boot image, so the recovery is limited to avoid that.

There is a newer type of recovery that Hashcode has been developing that is called Safestrap and is a much more ambitious and potentially safer way involving a 2nd init installation of a complete system on a partition in preinstall.
    It also uses a modified CWM recovery, but is setup to work differently for his needs.

They are not compatible with one another and backups made with one cannot be used with the other.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How safe is it to try the Safestrap at this stage, comapred to Bionic Bootstrap?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Proje...BIONIC_id23776
    Could this be an ICS test or something mundane?

Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States, 108528479168913, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    Device(s)
    Moto Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Pretty sure it's not ICS.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast