Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875 Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes I did mean with 4G on, but pushed email off.
    I am uncertain whether to eventually get the extended battery or induction back and charging mat.

Feedback Score
    Glad that I signed up to be notified by verizon about the release. I guess they figured it wasn't worth the effort once rumors of the prime started.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9+, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Are the up and down arrows supposed to flash when sending or receiving data, below the 4G icon on the notification bar? The arrows on mine just stay gray with the 4G LTE in blue.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Are the up and down arrows supposed to flash when sending or receiving data, below the 4G icon on the notification bar? The arrows on mine just stay gray with the 4G LTE in blue.
    Mine turn blue under the 4G LTE when sending/receiving.
    GO BUCKS!!

Feedback Score
    What's the odd vertical battery with the check mark to the right of the Green battery mean?? I don't know when it showed up, but have been noticing it and have no clue what it means??

Sorry, Nevermind. Found the icon table in the manual. It is the Alarm Set icon. What a stupid icon for alarms. No wonder everyone hates blur or whatever it's called.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    What's the odd vertical battery with the check mark to the right of the Green battery mean?? I don't know when it showed up, but have been noticing it and have no clue what it means??

Sorry, Nevermind. Found the icon table in the manual. It is the Alarm Set icon. What a stupid icon for alarms. No wonder everyone hates blur or whatever it's called.
    Yeah, I was confused what that was for a while. I think it's supposed look like a boxy analog clock.

Device(s)
    Motorola Bionic
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, that's what it looks like to me. It looks kinda silly but whatever. Better than Blackberry.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9+, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bdecker202 View Post
    Mine turn blue under the 4G LTE when sending/receiving.
    When I first started using it, I thought I saw the send/receive arrows turn blue, but now they just stay gray.

Device(s)
    Motorola Bionic
    Feedback Score
    I'm on 3G and it changes to and from blue and grey every so often

Device(s)
    Moto 5G+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I had the $20 mobile hotspot feature when I had my Droid x but I don't see this feature turned on for my bionic. I don't see it on my verizon as an optIon. How do we turn it on and what does it cost? Is it unlimited or for a limited amount?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    I haven't had any battery life issues with my Bionic, but it seems a lot of this is probably the moto custom battery management handling by the looks of this Anandtech early take. I have notice weatherbug and a couple other apps I can set myself for update interval do seemingly get blocked on updates and never update, which I am sure it's motos battery management. I haven't tried the performance oriented setting and only the night one or whatever. I'm not a fan of this approach to battery optimization at all so much as purely hardware approach to optimization. Seemingly the Bionic has more power hungry hardware overall than it's competition and is saved purely by a longer life battery. I will try the performance battery setting from now on and see how hosed up the battery life is and whether more apps update at my own set intervals.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4761/m...bionic-preview

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Moto's battery management is very simple.

If you have it set to Maximum, it turns off the data radio 15 minutes after the device goes to sleep and turns it back on when you wake it.

If you have it set to Nighttime saver, it's the same behavior but only between 10pm and 5am. Any other time during the day the radio stays on and it does background data.

Performance mode just never turns the radio off.

Custom allows you to set the intervals yourself.

If you had it set to nighttime and it wasn't nighttime, nothing was being blocked. Battery management wasn't active.

I've been seeing very good battery life after I calibrated the battery. With causal use during the day (on performance mode) at work, it's been about the same as my OG Droid. Battery ends up somewhere between 70%-80% by the end of the day. This is with LTE on all the time, nothing turned off as far as syncing goes.
    Last edited by bull3964; 09-13-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've started a Picture-of-the-Day thread:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...the-Day-Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bull3964 View Post
    Moto's battery management is very simple.

If you have it set to Maximum, it turns off the data radio 15 minutes after the device goes to sleep and turns it back on when you wake it.

If you have it set to Nighttime saver, it's the same behavior but only between 10pm and 5am. Any other time during the day the radio stays on and it does background data.

Performance mode just never turns the radio off.

Custom allows you to set the intervals yourself.

If you had it set to nighttime and it wasn't nighttime, nothing was being blocked. Battery management wasn't active.

I've been seeing very good battery life after I calibrated the battery. With causal use during the day (on performance mode) at work, it's been about the same as my OG Droid. Battery ends up somewhere between 70%-80% by the end of the day. This is with LTE on all the time, nothing turned off as far as syncing goes.
    I know how it's SUPPOSED to work. I am suspicious though after seeing Anandtechs first drain tests and know I have some apps that don't update correct all the time. LauncherPro social widgets even get blocked for manual updates on me and I need a reboot to get them seeing data again. I'm just suspicious of what they are ACTUALLY doing software wise to manage the battery after seeing how poor it did in a all out continuous heavy use drain test. I use my phone pretty hard, but not in a continuous way really so much as little bits of stuff here and there and having to always manually update even though they should have had an update already is annoying.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast