Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875 Release Thread

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9+, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    FAUguy, did you try ADWlauncher?
    No I haven't.
    I only gave LaunderPro a try since I used it on the Droid X for a long time and wanted to see if it was on the Bionic.
    But had to remove it for my phone review.
    Though, if I were to ever buy the Bionic, I'd want LauncherPro (or similar) as the Blur-type desktop I don't think is all that great.
    Regardless, I still like HTC Sense UI the most, even though their hardware (and call quality) isn't as good as Motorola.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9+, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've created a designated thread for you guys to talk about the Pentile screen on the Bionic.
    Please do so there, and not in the release thread

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...lay-discussion

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
    Can someone tell me how you uninstall bloat apps AFTER you root your phone? I was thinking of rooting just to delete apps i dont want. Anyone had success?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums
    Might want to ask it here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...id-Bionic-Root
    There was an app that I used on the Droid X that allowed to remove any app, but it's been so long ago I can't think of the name.
    To remove ads, you can try "AdFree Android" after it's rooted.

Feedback Score
    Titanium backup will let Freeze apps, but I wouldn't even do that until we have a sbf or able to backup our current system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit390 View Post
    If we return the phone, not exchange it, simply return it and go back to our old one/ etc. Is there a restocking fee? Also, the new return policy is 14 days?

Sent from my DROIDX using HowardForums
    No restocking fee at Best Buy or Costco. Verizon will charge you 35.00.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've used a droid x over the past year and after some time with the bionic. I have to say it's alright, but doesn't feel like the next best thing in my opinion....

LTE/Ram/CPU/etc
    Yes it seems a little faster due to more ram and dual core, but I never really felt like my droid x was all that slow(unlike my super slow storm). In addition, my lte speeds average around 3mbps down and 2 up. I did see some spikes up to 8mbps down, but mostly around 3mbps.

Camera
    Front VGA camera is terrbile. The rear camera seems good enough, but pictures look the same on my two generation old droid x. The main negative part was the graininess in my pics in all different kinds of lighting/etc.

Screen
    With all this talk about lines/grid/etc, it seems on par with my droid x screen, no worse or better. The negative part that I have noticed is the screen's un-responsive to my touch(sometimes). For example, I will side scroll to a different screen and it will not scroll or be a little behind my finger while im moving it. Another example is when I used the speed test app, the "begin test" button would show and no matter where I touched on the screen it would not register. So I closed the app, brought it back up and didn't have any problems the next couple times I used it.

Overall
    It's not worth the $300 price tag and a two year contract. Sure it's a upgrade from my droid X, but just not enough of a upgrade for me to keep it.

I'll be returning mine and waiting. HTC is holding a press conference on 9/20.
    Last edited by Bandit390; 09-10-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Feedback Score
    I came from a thunderbolt (got rid of it a month ago in anticipation of the Bionic) and used a Charge for a week before the Bionic. Unless HTC changes something, their Sense rocks but battery consumption is terrible. I'll use this until the HD comes out but if it's not 4.5 and true HD I'm good. I have not seen any lag what so ever and I am pleased for the moment. I'll be playing with it quite a bit this weekend so we will see. Glad I came back to Moto.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am finding the battery life worse than the D1 under CM7. Is everyone's phones running hotter than expected?

Device(s)
    Motorola Bionic
    Feedback Score
    Not mine. Mine's been great and the battery has been fine. It's drawing more power than my old Blackberry Storm, but I was expecting that.

How and why do some of you get every phone that comes out? Isn't that a waste of money?

Device(s)
    It depends on the mood.
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    Ordered mine online early this morning around 7am and less than 2 hours later, I got a fedex tracking number. Shipping dept must be on the ball.

Device(s)
    Droid Bionic
    Feedback Score

Car Dock

Anybody that got the Car dock, The instructions show a micro usb to USB cable that plugs between the car dock and a USB port on a car charger. Mine did not come with this cable. Can anyone confirm that is what was in the car dock box? (as well as an audio cable which I did get)

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I finally got a chance to play with one in a Verizon store for a while. It is so fast, no lag from what I saw. Much faster than the other phones they had on display.

Feedback Score
    I picked one up at costco today. Going to try it for atleast a week and see if I like it enough to ditch the droid a bit early. I already know from the screen I won't keep it past Prime and will just ebay it to get the Prime at full price, but that combined with the so so camera has me wondering if I even want to lose extra money just to have a nicer phone a bit earlier. I expected A LOT more from the camera. It's really slow in use and focusing and the pictures really aren't that great. Hoping the Prime really does have a 5mp sensor that is really high grade and good in low light and such.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by guardlights View Post
    Anybody that got the Car dock, The instructions show a micro usb to USB cable that plugs between the car dock and a USB port on a car charger. Mine did not come with this cable. Can anyone confirm that is what was in the car dock box? (as well as an audio cable which I did get)
    I saw that in the directions too, but mine also only came with the audio cable and not the USB.

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    I am finding the battery life worse than the D1 under CM7. Is everyone's phones running hotter than expected?
    Do you mean with 4G on? Because with 4G turned off, I'm getting better battery life than I was on my D1 with CM7. I'm firmly in the camp that this phone is awesome. Anyone upgrading from a D1 should be very pleased. I can see the critiques from the DX/Charge owners; that it's not a massive leap forward. But going from D1 to Bionic is a wildly noticeable improvement. The D1 screen was better, no one can refute that, but this phone is awesome IMHO.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast