Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875 Release Thread

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9+, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    You can't use NE2, and the $100 verizon trade-in is only for new contracts. So the two are mutually exclusive regardless.
    Ah, the $100 dumb-phone trade-in is also for current customers, as I've got promo emails from Verizon trying to get me to do it.
    http://shop.verizonwireless.com/?id=...one%20trade-in
    What I was asking is if it can be done with the Costco Bionic bundle.

Already a Verizon Wireless customer?
    Need to Upgrade? Upgrade to a Smartphone today and you'll be eligible to receive a Verizon Wireless gift card worth $100 when you trade in your old Verizon Wireless basic phone.

So for example, if I were to order the Bionic from the Verizon site, it would be $299 - $100 NE2 = $199. And selecting the non-smartphone trade in, Id have to mail in an old phone, but would get a $100 Verizon gift card, which could be used towards the monthly bill.
    Last edited by FAUguy; 09-09-2011 at 02:37 AM.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Motorola Bionic
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbo298 View Post
    Bigger screen (yes, it has the pentile downfall but I don't have the phone .5" from my face so I don't notice the flaw without doing that),
    Wait, what? You DON'T keep the phone pressed up against your nose so you can complain about the pentile flaw?? </sarcasm>

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbo298 View Post
    Except the bloatware. If I have to I will root it just to remove the bloatware. I don't have any desire for different themes or further hacking. I like a phone that works damn well and so far this has been living up to it.
    You can also shove all the poopware in a group that you don't ever have to open if you don't want to root.

Or at least that's what I've read. I'm upgrading to the Bionic from a Storm so I really don't know anything about Android aside from what I've read. Just tired of Blackberry, and expecting a huge jump in quality between the two phones. I really don't like the look of Touchwiz and VZW isn't even getting GSII for awhile it looks like so that's not an option for me, and the Prime is basically just a rumored phone at this point so who knows when that's gonna come out. I am not going to wait another 3-5 months for a new phone just because it'll be a teensy bit "faster."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Ah, the $100 dumb-phone trade-in is also for current customers, as I've got promo emails from Verizon trying to get me to do it.
    http://shop.verizonwireless.com/?id=...one%20trade-in
    What I was asking is if it can be done with the Costco Bionic bundle.

Already a Verizon Wireless customer?
    Need to Upgrade? Upgrade to a Smartphone today and you'll be eligible to receive a Verizon Wireless gift card worth $100 when you trade in your old Verizon Wireless basic phone.

So for example, if I were to order the Bionic from the Verizon site, it would be $299 - $100 NE2 = $199. And selecting the non-smartphone trade in, Id have to mail in an old phone, but would get a $100 Verizon gift card, which could be used towards the monthly bill.
    I've gotten the same emails, but click through and actually scroll down to the instructions. This is from your link, at the bottom:

Need to Trade-In Your Phone?
    Follow these steps to get your $100 Verizon Wireless Gift Card.

Activate a Smartphone line of service with a new 2 yr contract agreement and data plan.
    Within 10 business days, you will receive your promotion code via email or text message after you've activated your phone.
    Then, visit our Trade-In program web site to submit your request along with your promo code.
    You will receive a postage paid envelope (within 5 days) and mail in your used basic device. You must return your device within 30 days of trade-in submittal.
    Allow up to 3 weeks for us to process your Verizon Wireless Gift Card.
    Receive your $100 Verizon Wireless gift card in the mail. Use it to pay your bill or buy accessories with ease from the comfort of your home with
    MY Verizon.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9+, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    I've gotten the same emails, but click through and actually scroll down to the instructions. This is from your link, at the bottom:

Activate a Smartphone line of service with a new 2 yr contract agreement and data plan.
    All that means is that you, as a current customer, have to sign a 2 year contract, which you have to do anyway to get the phones at the discounted price.
    It doesn't mean its just for new customers signing a new contract.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    FAUguy, did you try ADWlauncher?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tlarseth View Post
    Not to mention the phone is advertised to have 16Gb of internal memory, when it really only has 8Gb.
    It does have 16gb of internal storage. It's partitioned as 8gb media storage. 4gb app storage, and the remainder is for the system.

4gb of app storage is amazing and I think it may actually be the highest of any android device out there. The X2 has 1.5gb of app storage as does the Charge and Revolution, Droid 3 as 2gb, and Thunderbolt has 2.5gb.

This is incredibly forward thinking on Motorola's part. Having an app partition that large means it will be damn near impossible to get a low on space warning when installing apps even if you don't move any to the SD card (or in this case, the 8gb media storage).

This is also a breath of fresh air coming from the OG droid with its tiny 256mb of application storage.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If we return the phone, not exchange it, simply return it and go back to our old one/ etc. Is there a restocking fee? Also, the new return policy is 14 days?

Sent from my DROIDX using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why oh why don't I read every last word here before I order something? Missed the free shipping code after ordering it yesterday morning, and now it won't show up until MONDAY!

Sent from my OG, frequent locking up, memory-starving Droid using HowardForums

UPDATE - the Fed Ex gods have been good to me! It arrived tonight.

Sent from my brand-spanking-new Droid Bionic
    Last edited by brewynz; 09-10-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Feedback Score
    Is anyone finding Bionics at Costco today? The Costcos in my area are expecting more phones today, and I'm working from home due to area-wide flooding (Northern Virginia). I'm hoping to pick one up this afternoon.

Device(s)
    Moto X (Current) Q10, Bold 9930, Blackberry 9700 (All Retired)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW and AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Came back to VZW, AT&T just wasn't cutting it at my home (I moved) or my cabin. The Bionic is a sweet phone! I came from a Blackberry Bold 9700. I HOPE I can get used to the loss of a physical keyboard. My BB was good for 1 handed operation in my car...I drive a 6 speed manual transmission. Oh well, time will tell. Battery life on the Bionic is BAD, I took it off charger at 7:00am and it was at 15% at 2:00 pm with average use. Hopefully the extended battery the VZW store ordered me thru D-Fill will make a nice difference. BTW, the extended battery was only $24.99!!! The rep said it was on sale? That is a great price! Anyone that needs an extended battery needs to check VZW out while it's still on sale! Hmmmm...interesting, VZW.com is showing the extended battery for $49.99. Maybe I got lucky. A fluke?

Device(s)
    DROID X, iPhone 3G (...Prepaid AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I saw the phone back on Wed. The thickness of the phone feels nice, and it has a good weight to it. The only downsides is the lack of camera button and the horrible screen. Too bad there's no one selling their Bionic just yet, becuase I really don't want to pay 600+ for a cell phone. If someone will sell it to me for 350-400 off contract I'd be happy.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is there a way to add notification ringtones? Where do they reside in the subdirectories?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianp48093 View Post
    Came back to VZW, AT&T just wasn't cutting it at my home (I moved) or my cabin. The Bionic is a sweet phone! I came from a Blackberry Bold 9700. I HOPE I can get used to the loss of a physical keyboard. My BB was good for 1 handed operation in my car...I drive a 6 speed manual transmission. Oh well, time will tell. Battery life on the Bionic is BAD, I took it off charger at 7:00am and it was at 15% at 2:00 pm with average use. Hopefully the extended battery the VZW store ordered me thru D-Fill will make a nice difference. BTW, the extended battery was only $24.99!!! The rep said it was on sale? That is a great price! Anyone that needs an extended battery needs to check VZW out while it's still on sale! Hmmmm...interesting, VZW.com is showing the extended battery for $49.99. Maybe I got lucky. A fluke?
    Not a fluke my friend, just a GREAT deal. Just went and picked one up, THANKS! I was going to sell my two standard batteries, door and charger to pick up the extended one. Now I think I will just keep everything. The amount of accessories I have now is ridiculous...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    Is there a way to add notification ringtones? Where do they reside in the subdirectories?
    I made a folder on the card titled media. inside that one named notifications, and one ring tones. Now drop your notification tones in the notification folder. Good to go. Hope that is what you were asking.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here's a video I saw today showing the differences between the Extended Batteries for the Bionic and ThunderBolt.
    I think the extended cover on the Bionic looks better since it's full length, where the one on the Thunderbolt bulges up in the middle section.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTowu...layer_embedded

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast