Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875 Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Awfully dead here. When is the next update due?

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey Ron, just saw an article about 5.9 rolling out.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I cannot view the video, so could you please summarize the information?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    Maybe. We'll find out soon enough...

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    FAUguy any information on the next update?

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9+, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    FAUguy any information on the next update?
    No, but the Razr just started to get a maintenance update to 2.3.6 today. My guess is the Bionic would get a similar update.
    ICS will probably come to the Razr before it comes to the Bionic; if ever.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So an earlier statement about us getting ICS has been changed. 2.3.6 might be better than no update....

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The 5.9.902 update for Bionic went live last night. I had it pushed to my phone and I am not on the soak test this time.
    It will be going out shortly to everyone and is a maintenance/bug fix update targeted at the data drop issue and includes a new LTE baseband and a newer CDMA baseband that is the same as the .901 build that was accidently leaked/pushed to some users at Christmas.

This is excellent news because the update appears to go a long way to addressing some of the serious issues with Bionic that users have been suffering with for months and we now have all the tools and files we need to manage the transition to this build for all users, no matter what state they are in presently, and get back on the official upgrade path safely and easily.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes it is good news. Is it worth getting it now or waiting for it to "appear"?
    Ronald

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9+, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman View Post
    The 5.9.902 update for Bionic went live last night. I had it pushed to my phone and I am not on the soak test this time.
    It will be going out shortly to everyone and is a maintenance/bug fix update targeted at the data drop issue and includes a new LTE baseband and a newer CDMA baseband that is the same as the .901 build that was accidently leaked/pushed to some users at Christmas.

This is excellent news because the update appears to go a long way to addressing some of the serious issues with Bionic that users have been suffering with for months and we now have all the tools and files we need to manage the transition to this build for all users, no matter what state they are in presently, and get back on the official upgrade path safely and easily.
    Hasn't shown up yet on the Bionic I'm using. Hopefully it will stop the 4G/3G flip-flopping all the time.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I looked for the update and did not get it. Might it be a few weeks before it is completely pushed out? I was just about to try a custom ROM, but will wait for a while.

Device(s)
    SGS3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question:
    My Bionic doesn't show the update yet. I have my GNex as my main phone, so my Bionic isn't "activated" on the Verizon system currently.

Does my Bionic have to be active on the Verizon network to get the update, or as long as it has access to WiFi, will it still show up if it's available?

(I'm on pure stock 5.5.893, with forever root)

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It will push from Googles servers to any device with a data connection, WiFi or cellular, so you dont have to be activated.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It will push from Googles servers to any device with a data connection, WiFi or cellular, so you dont have to be activated.
    I'll give it a few more days to show up, but if it doesn't by the first of the week, may have to look around to see if there is a manual update yet.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast