Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875 Release Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman View Post
    Now,: about diagnostic mode access for the new Moto LTE radio...
    That would be useful for hacking, but I don't know on these phones. If I get some free time I might take a look, usually I just cheat and let someone else do it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    When I plugged in my D1 while starting off, it booted up all of the way, at least on CM7.

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Actually ronaldheld is correct. The D1 is an anomaly in that it boots all the way to the OS when connected to the charger.
    All the other Droid devices I have except the Xoom will only boot to the M logo then go to the battery meter icon, including the Napoleon, which while not a Droid is the first OMAP/Qualcomm chipset hybrid Motorola device.
    The Xoom is a special case because its power consumption is so high the charger is a separate connector and not part of the USB UART.

Interestingly, speaking of diagnostic mode, in the old days of QC chipset dumbphones, using a charging USB cable was a useful technique for hacking because the modem would also initialize and the P2K diagnostic devices were accessible without the phone booting to the OS and registering on the network, so you could go in and edit the NVM as needed to fix things.

In any event, the behavior of the Bionic displaying the battery meter icon when the charger is connected is, in fact, normal and the Droid is the exception.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The D1 will actually boot fully without a battery even being installed.

It's about useless though after it does boot. The touchscreen is REALLY laggy when responding to inputs and I couldn't get any of the capacitance buttons to work.

I will say, I prefer the way the newer phones handle it and not boot. It comes in handy if you are charging off a limited source (like an external battery pack.) You may want to charge your phone at night while leaving it off so it doesn't deplete power more.

I will also say that the Bionic acts...odd...if you try to charge it in "Sleep" mode. I had mine briefly show the dock before dropping back to the battery charge screen. However, you couldn't wake it again with the power button to see the charge level once the screen shut off. You would have to remove it from power and bring it out of the sleep mode.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for that confirmation, kbman.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How long does the gmail notification light stay blinking and is it the same interval as the notification tone assigned to it?

Device(s)
    Moto Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone else use the Gtalk application on their Bionic extensively? I can't get gtalk through my work web browser so I rely on my phone. In the gtalk app, I turned off "Allow video and voice chats" and now it's being very sketchy. I will still receive all messages from the people who I'm chatting with, but every once in a while (about once every 2 hours) it'll go on a stretch where it won't send any of my messages. It looks like they sent in the app, but when I check my Chat Logs in gmail, my messages aren't there, and I've confirmed this with the people I'm chatting with.

Has anyone else run into this situation?
    GO BUCKS!!

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Bonic XT875
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just wondering if any Bionic users here have experienced the cellular lose issue that others have?

Sent from my Droid using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bdecker202 View Post
    I will still receive all messages from the people who I'm chatting with, but every once in a while (about once every 2 hours) it'll go on a stretch where it won't send any of my messages. It looks like they sent in the app, but when I check my Chat Logs in gmail, my messages aren't there, and I've confirmed this with the people I'm chatting with.

Has anyone else run into this situation?
    I've noticed that GTalk has been acting up quite a bit the last week or so. From occasional messages that just seem to hang in limbo for a while before being received (if received at all), to video chat not going through even when both users have a seemingly excellent connection.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailorcancer View Post
    Just wondering if any Bionic users here have experienced the cellular lose issue that others have?

Sent from my Droid using HowardForums
    You talking about randomly loosing data signal even though you have 3-4 bars of signal? I had to change my battery setting to "performance" which drains my battery a bit faster, but no lost data connection anymore, I have LTE turned off too, since it isn't in my area yet, which balanced out my battery life, which is about 9.5 hours without using the phone except to check emails.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums
    ~T-Lar Seth~
    Gamer's Guild© Computer Service Technician

CJST Board Certified Law Enforcement

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you're only getting 9.5 hours of battery life out of the phone just checking emails on 3G, you should exchange for a new unit because something is busted about it.

I was at 26 hours just using the phone for that purpose last weekend, while on LTE, and I still had 40% battery left after that time.

When I was playing around with it only being on 3G, it looked like it could easily last 50-60 hours with that sort of usage.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Short of benchmark programs are there any apps that take full advantage of the CPU and GPU?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I found an app that even though in its setting, I told it not to run in background on a constant sync but it was, I uninstalled it and got 16 hours today.

I do have three email accounts syncing every hour, and gmail is set to constant sync. I noticed my bionic doesn't have the same battery as the Verizon wireless site says the phone has, but the box was an unopened one at the corp vzw store.

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The standard battery for Bionic is HW4X 1735 mAh and the extended battery is BW8X 2760 mAh.

What battery came with yours?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't know will look later on I am at work now until late tonight, is the extended worth it was thinking of getting one, as I will go 12-18 hours at work, and I can't charge phone at work.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast