Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875 Release Thread

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9+, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    FAUguy is the next update 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 and should we expect any camera updates?
    My guess is it will still be Android 2.3.4 but the software version number will be higher than 5.5.886.
    I haven't heard anything about it, so that's why I was hoping they are able to make improvements to the camera.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9+, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bassett View Post
    Vignette is only a couple bucks and helps with the camera alot. Between that and BW I have the phone the way i like it so far.
    I installed the free trial version.
    It seems OK, but don't notice any difference in picture quality when using it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bdecker202 View Post
    Does anyone else have trouble with the Development setting "Stay Awake" (Screen will never sleep while charging)?

You can access this setting: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Stay Awake

I have to check this box everyday, and I haven't figured out why it's getting unchecked.
    I do and its ver frustrating. At least it has an option to do this (Charge doesn't) . Hopefully it gets fixed.

Feedback Score
    Returning my Bionic to Costco in a bit so just re-activated and started using the old OG Droid again.

WOW, I love this screen so much more than the Bionic! Hopefully the Prime, Droid HD or whatever I try next can match this old LCD. I'm not going to pay this much for a big slab that is 98% about the screen/display and get a worse display on it.

The full circle from OG, to Bionic for a week and now back to OG has helped me realize just how BAD the bionic screen really was. I had SORTA got used to it and kinda liked it even, but after going back to my OG droid it seems I was just fooling myself.

Also put the pictures and videos I had taken on my computer and was looking at them. I really don't think the pictures are any better than my OG Droid. Video was really a lot better though.

To sum it up, will NOT be missing the Bionic much while going back too my OG and waiting for something better. Mostly will just miss the LTE. It was smoother and did some stuff better than the OG, but not much stuff that I need or want a lot of the time so much as nice to haves. The OG runs pretty darn well with Project Elite.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone found a setting or hack to change the Web Browser from Mobile View to Desktop view?
    I'm really getting annoyed by going to web sites, and having them shown their stupid mobile phone version instead of the full HTML site.
    On some sites, there may be a link that says desktop or classic view, but not all.
    Maybe it could be done with a seem edit?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Has anyone found a setting or hack to change the Web Browser from Mobile View to Desktop view?
    I'm really getting annoyed by going to web sites, and having them shown their stupid mobile phone version instead of the full HTML site.
    On some sites, there may be a link that says desktop or classic view, but not all.
    Maybe it could be done with a seem edit?
    I just use xScope or some other aftermarket browser until I have custom roms for such things.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    I just use xScope or some other aftermarket browser until I have custom roms for such things.
    I tried Dolphin a while back on the Droid X and didn't care for it as much as the stock browser. Ill give it a try again, or the xscope.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    I tried Dolphin a while back on the Droid X and didn't care for it as much as the stock browser. Ill give it a try again, or the xscope.
    Tried them both for a few minutes on the Bionic and like the Dolphin HD browser. Can have it set to show as a full screen without any bars on the top or bottom.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone noticed this: With the phone off connect it to the charger. It starts to boot enough to charge the phone. Hit the power or volume buttons and see a battery icon until the screen timeout.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone noticed this: With the phone off connect it to the charger. It starts to boot enough to charge the phone. Hit the power or volume buttons and see a battery icon until the screen timeout.
    It is that way with all Motorola phones.

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was gonna mention that...but boy...talk about a definitive answer to a hardware question and you can't beat the source!

Now,: about diagnostic mode access for the new Moto LTE radio...
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My D1 did not behave in the same fashion as the Bionic.
    kbman, can you elaborate?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The new update for Go Launcher is out. Runs a lot smoother, as dose the pinching for home screen preview.

Feedback Score
    I saw it for the first time this morning, when I was placing my phone on my dock at work.

Feedback Score
    My D1 did not behave in the same fashion as the Bionic.
    kbman, can you elaborate?
    Are you sure? Just to be anal I pulled out a Milestone and it did the same thing (it better have). I don't have a D1 around anymore. I know that the hardware does the same thing, just curious if the icon is there.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast