Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID BIONIC XT875 Release Thread

Device(s)
    SGS3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bdecker202 View Post
    Does anyone else have trouble with the Development setting "Stay Awake" (Screen will never sleep while charging)?

You can access this setting: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Stay Awake

I have to check this box everyday, and I haven't figured out why it's getting unchecked.
    same.

I really would like the "bedside" alarm clock app to stay awake (where I can see the weather, agenda items, etc.) all the time, but after one minute it always goes into sleep mode where I only see the time. I've tried every setting, but have no idea how to make this happen.

As a second choice, I like the "productivity" mode, but sitting on my desk at home, aesthetically, I just like the look of the alarm clock mode better.

any ideas?

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9+, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know of an app that can access the desktop dock and the car dock?
    I know there was one for the Droid X.

Edit:
    Found one in the Market called Bionic Dock and it works fine with the 3 dock modes.
    ==>My Amazon page with LED car headlight bulbs: Diamond Vision LED

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Far fewer posts/day than when the D1 came out. Is that due to lack of excitement or our greater experience with Android OSs?

Device(s)
    Note 9, S9+, S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
    Far fewer posts/day than when the D1 came out. Is that due to lack of excitement or our greater experience with Android OSs?
    Yeah, there was a lot more excitement and posts when the original Droid and Droid X came out.
    Not as much withe the Droid 3, X2, and Bionic.

Device(s)
    Droid
    Feedback Score

Mine has been having issues...

I have had it lock up tighter than a drum 3 times, power and volume reset wouldn't work, had to pull the battery.
    First time - ended a call.
    second (less than an hour later)- started youtube app.
    third - during startup.

Had to restart it twice because of bluetooth issues between it and the car.

Twice after a call it went to 1X and wouldn't go to into 3g or 4g until restart. The second time I waited over a half an hour.

I like the phone, I just wish it would work right. At the least I will exchange it, if I get any grief I will return it and wait for the HD...

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It be fair, the release thread for the Thunderbolt, the first LTE smartphone on Verizon and a phone that was released 7 months ago, has fewer posts than this thread.

The reality is, there's a new smart phone coming out every few weeks and attention is divided between them.

Besides, I think all the discussion that was necessary had happened in the pre-release threads.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jestik View Post
    same.

I really would like the "bedside" alarm clock app to stay awake (where I can see the weather, agenda items, etc.) all the time, but after one minute it always goes into sleep mode where I only see the time. I've tried every setting, but have no idea how to make this happen.

As a second choice, I like the "productivity" mode, but sitting on my desk at home, aesthetically, I just like the look of the alarm clock mode better.

any ideas?
    OK, so it's not just me. That's enlightening.

I also use the bedside node when in the dock. Have you noticed that if you exit the bedside mode by hitting the "back" button, that after some time the home button has no effect? I still get haptic feedback, but it does nothing. When this happens, I also can't get it to go back into bedside mode unless I undock and redock it again.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums
    GO BUCKS!!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Here is my 4-way comparison between the Droid Bionic, Thunderbolt, Revolution, and Droid Charge:
    http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Mo...olution_id2820
    GREAT article. I'm trying to get a hold of a charge to do something similar.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    I agree that for the price of this phone, and being dual core and all, it should take better pictures.
    Yeah no kidding - it seems to be the same camera that is in the Droid 3.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tavenger5 View Post
    This has been my biggest unexpected let down. I figured they had maybe used a really good camera sensor in this, but it seems it might just be the original droid x sensor. Supposedly Droid 3 has a newer one, but I haven't compared pictures from all really to see the differences. I am starting to think that if they don't go with larger than average near point and shoot sized sensors in phones they should keep them down around 5mp and optimize at that resolution. Wonder if the 12 or 13mp dinara or whatever has a more P&S sized sensor or if its just a really big junk file creating monster?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    This has been my biggest unexpected let down. I figured they had maybe used a really good camera sensor in this, but it seems it might just be the original droid x sensor. Supposedly Droid 3 has a newer one, but I haven't compared pictures from all really to see the differences. I am starting to think that if they don't go with larger than average near point and shoot sized sensors in phones they should keep them down around 5mp and optimize at that resolution. Wonder if the 12 or 13mp dinara or whatever has a more P&S sized sensor or if its just a really big junk file creating monster?
    Yep - at a certain point it's not about the resolution anymore. With the Bionic I believe it's a problem with the lens and ISO sensitivity.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Maybe, but the images that I've seen from the Droid 3 (since I don't have one) look worse than the ones from the Bionic.
    Its hard to tell if the internal camera parts are the same on both phones; without opening them up.
    Hopefully a software update may allow for better pics on the Bionic, but I still wish it had the 2-stop shutter key that's on the Droid X.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yep - at a certain point it's not about the resolution anymore. With the Bionic I believe it's a problem with the lens and ISO sensitivity.
    And there's almost no manual camera adjustments in the camera app, such as ISO and white balance.

Feedback Score
    Vignette is only a couple bucks and helps with the camera alot. Between that and BW I have the phone the way i like it so far.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    FAUguy is the next update 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 and should we expect any camera updates?

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast