Thread: Loyal T-mobile customer with NO contract (4 Lines)

Feedback Score

Loyal T-mobile customer with NO contract (4 Lines)

Hi everyone,

I have been with T-mobile since 2003, we have 4 lines, family plan, but our contracts have ended for some time now, and we have been paying month to month.

We all have old phones (motorola razr), paying around $180/month (unlimited talk and text, no data).
    We would like to get the HTC 4G (sensation), and get on the value plan for $49.99 per line (unlimited talk, text, 2GB data) for 2 lines then add the other 2 lines ($30.00) + $20.00 for data = $149.99 + taxes and fees

The only part I don’t like: having to pay $499 per phone!!!! I think it’s outrageous to have to pay for the phones full price after being with them for so long.

We are free to leave because we have no contracts, but I’ve always been happy with T-mobile, especially that I can use my phone overseas since it uses sim cards and they unlock your phone at your request.

I have been shopping around, and so far Sprint is giving me the best deal:

1. will not charge any activation fees (36x4=$144 in savings)
    2. monthly cost $238.00 (including taxes, fees, and insurance on all 4 HTCs). The plan is 1,500 min land lines, unlimited talk to all mobiles (including different carriers), unlimited text, and unlimited data (unlike the 2GB from t-mobile).
    3. $500 credit after 60 days which makes the phones free.

Now my question:

1. Since I don’t have a contract with T-mobile, can I argue with T-mobile to keep me as a loyal customer and offer me the HTCs at a discounted rate ($199 vs $499) and giving me the value plan?

2. Or should I just move on and sign up with Sprint?

I would very much appreciate your feedback!

Feedback Score
    Plain and simple...just move on and sign up with Sprint!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilactulips View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been with T-mobile since 2003, we have 4 lines, family plan, but our contracts have ended for some time now, and we have been paying month to month.

We all have old phones (motorola razr), paying around $180/month (unlimited talk and text, no data).
    We would like to get the HTC 4G (sensation), and get on the value plan for $49.99 per line (unlimited talk, text, 2GB data) for 2 lines then add the other 2 lines ($30.00) + $20.00 for data = $149.99 + taxes and fees

The only part I don’t like: having to pay $499 per phone!!!! I think it’s outrageous to have to pay for the phones full price after being with them for so long.

We are free to leave because we have no contracts, but I’ve always been happy with T-mobile, especially that I can use my phone overseas since it uses sim cards and they unlock your phone at your request.

I have been shopping around, and so far Sprint is giving me the best deal:

1. will not charge any activation fees (36x4=$144 in savings)
    2. monthly cost $238.00 (including taxes, fees, and insurance on all 4 HTCs). The plan is 1,500 min land lines, unlimited talk to all mobiles (including different carriers), unlimited text, and unlimited data (unlike the 2GB from t-mobile).
    3. $500 credit after 60 days which makes the phones free.

Now my question:

1. Since I don’t have a contract with T-mobile, can I argue with T-mobile to keep me as a loyal customer and offer me the HTCs at a discounted rate ($199 vs $499) and giving me the value plan?

2. Or should I just move on and sign up with Sprint?

I would very much appreciate your feedback!
    They won't even negotiate price on value plan.