Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Accidently Deleted Whole Text Messages

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Accidently Deleted Whole Text Messages

I went into my text messages from one contact. I wanted to delete one single text message, but wasn't paying attention & accidently deleted all the texts from that contact. After deleting, is there anyway that I can get them back?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 187Proof View Post
    I went into my text messages from one contact. I wanted to delete one single text message, but wasn't paying attention & accidently deleted all the texts from that contact. After deleting, is there anyway that I can get them back?
    Nop sorry its gone

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 187Proof View Post
    Restore from backup.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Feedback Score
    The data about your sim including your contacts, messages, conversations and so on from the day you activated your sim are archived with your network provider. In a situation you have a good rapor with someone working there, the person might help you retrieve the message, or you can tell the person who sent you the message to resend it and if you dont know who the person is or the person's number, then call customer care and tell them the date the sms came in and request for the ssender's number.

Device(s)
    Gold iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XFF View Post
    Restore from backup.
    ^ this might be the best way to go, but keep in mind any other messages you received after the last time you backed up will be lost...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBrown1 View Post
    The data about your sim including your contacts, messages, conversations and so on from the day you activated your sim are archived with your network provider. In a situation you have a good rapor with someone working there, the person might help you retrieve the message, or you can tell the person who sent you the message to resend it and if you dont know who the person is or the person's number, then call customer care and tell them the date the sms came in and request for the ssender's number.
    Not a chance without a court order (subpoena). CS reps have no access to that information. I think I know that after my prior 7 1/2 years as a CS rep for a carrier (to remain anonymous).
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    If the messages exist in the backup, then they can definitely be recovered. Now there are 3 things you can do retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone:-
    1 - Go to Apple Genius bar and see if they can help
    2 - Restore from the backup:- This will get you all the messages you want, but will wipe out everything that came into your phone since the backup date
    3 - Get a backup recovery software:- I have used iPhone SMS recovery software and would definitely recommend it. There are other options though, like the one Daiya has suggested, but they are just too expensive. It does the exact same thing for much less.

Feedback Score
    Usually, iTunes will automatially backup your iPhone when you sync with iTunes. If you have the backup, then you can recover deleted sms messages on the iPhone 4 will be easily:

Here are the steps:
    Click the "File" menu and select "Devices" > "Restore from Back up".
    Or
    Open the iOS device's "Summary" tab. There are two ways to access this:
    Click the device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper right corner. The device button will then be visible.)
    From any view in iTunes, click the "View" menu and select "Show Sidebar". Select your iOS device in iTunes under "Devices:.
    Click the "Restore Backup" button.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larlfyuit View Post
    Usually, iTunes will automatially backup your iPhone when you sync with iTunes. If you have the backup, then you can recover deleted sms messages on the iPhone 4 will be easily:

Here are the steps:
    Click the "File" menu and select "Devices" > "Restore from Back up".
    Or
    Open the iOS device's "Summary" tab. There are two ways to access this:
    Click the device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper right corner. The device button will then be visible.)
    From any view in iTunes, click the "View" menu and select "Show Sidebar". Select your iOS device in iTunes under "Devices:.
    Click the "Restore Backup" button.
    As we know, every time you sync iDevice with iTunes, it will automatically make a backup of your iDevice contents including photos, SMS, reminders, contacts and more. Therefore, as long as you have ever synced your iPhone with iTunes, you can retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone.
    Do not connect your iPhone to iTunes again until the messages are recovered. Otherwise, the old backup file will be overwritten by the current content on your iPhone. Once it happens, the deleted messages will be gone forever.

Feedback Score
    As a matter of fact, there are two ways for you to recover your deleted data from iPhone.
    1.If you've synced your iPhone with iTunes, you also can regain your deleted data by extracting your iTunes backup file.
    2.You need a third-party tool to directly scan and recover data from your iPhone.
    You can follow this tutorial to recover iPhone 5 data easily:how to recover iPhone data.
    I Suggest you backup your data on iTunes or iCloud so that you can recover data you wanted next time.

Feedback Score
    They guy who posted this is correct. I don't know about emails but I know the spotlight search and the text message search can pull up previously deleted messages, but I do believe there are some stipulations. I think the deleted text messages that appear must be the last text in a deleted conversation, as in clearing a conversation. I think manually deleting each text message fixes this problem as far as i can tell. And yes it is possible to delete some messages in a convo without deleting the whole thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by harwardes View Post
    If the messages exist in the backup, then they can definitely be recovered. Now there are 3 things you can do retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone:-
    Code:
    recovery-android.com/recover-sms-from-iphone.html
    1 - Go to Apple Genius bar and see if they can help
    2 - Restore from the backup:- This will get you all the messages you want, but will wipe out everything that came into your phone since the backup date
    3 - Get a backup recovery software:- I have used iPhone SMS recovery software and would definitely recommend it. There are other options though, like the one Daiya has suggested, but they are just too expensive. It does the exact same thing for much less.
    Got it. Help a lot

Carrier(s)
    Verzion
    Feedback Score
    Old thread but always good to know how software develops and improves. There's a new software now that restores deleted text messages back to the iPhone the software is called SmartPhone Recovery PRO.

It uses a new algorithm enabling software to communicate to an app and transfer the deleted texts back to the iPhone. However the program is extremely easy to use, I've tested it out, I often do that for software developers in their beta stages.

Feedback Score
    Usually, after you Accidently Deleted Whole Text Messages, first stop using it in case of data overwritten. Then you can recover them from backup files. If there is no backup, you can use iPhone data recovery software to get them back, such as Coolmuster Data Recovery for iPhone iPad iPod.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If you have more than one Apple device with same Apple ID, such as an iPad, the messages may still exist on that device.
    Earl F. Parrish

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast