Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AT&T No Longer Showing Future Coverage, Lists LTE Cities

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    They are finally showing 4G coverage as part of their regular coverage maps.

http://www.wireless.att.com/coverage...25257949&sci=6

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    They are finally showing 4G coverage as part of their regular coverage maps.

http://www.wireless.att.com/coverage...25257949&sci=6
    Yep, the HSPA+ version of 4G.
    AT&T only has this version of 4G for now, and maybe later this year the 4G/LTE
    The good part is that since it's HSPA+ my BB won't notice any coverage changes, OTOH the LTE version is rather useless now at at least since manufactures are sticking to 4G/HSPA+ when releasing the good stuff.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork4me View Post
    Like I said in another thread...

Be very careful with comparisons. VZW defines markets very, very differently than AT&T. For instance, VZW counts the Greensboro N.C. area as three (3) separate markets--AT&T considers that just one (1). Same with Winston-Salem. 3 to 1. Likewise, VZW said they deployed in 2 markets for covering the Triangle, and again AT&T considers that just 1. Again, same with Fayetteville-Lumberton. In N.C., to match VZW's coverage, AT&T would need to deploy in 6 of their markets. That would count as 15 VZW markets...

If you look at the map of their covered "markets" http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/...y-21-20110624/, you'll see a lot of stars practically on top of each other. AT&T doesn't count markets that way.
    Forget all that. Just look at the maps. See it now?

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They still have some 3G rollout to finish up here in NorCal, like Laytonville, Fort Bragg, Caspar, Mendocino, Orick and Alturas, to name some towns. We should see LTE from Verizon next year, USCC also has plans to roll out LTE here (they are rolling it out in several parts of the country this year), and unless AT&T rolls out LTE faster than their 3G I probably will be old and gray when we see LTE from them

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    swapping devices on-the-fly is high on the list for me.
    Iownjoo, you can do that with LTE phones, they have SIM Cards.

Device(s)
    64 GB iPhone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    They still have some 3G rollout to finish up here in NorCal, like Laytonville, Fort Bragg, Caspar, Mendocino, Orick and Alturas, to name some towns. We should see LTE from Verizon next year, USCC also has plans to roll out LTE here (they are rolling it out in several parts of the country this year), and unless AT&T rolls out LTE faster than their 3G I probably will be old and gray when we see LTE from them
    Yeah and in some areas of VA where they have rolled out 3G it's real spotty. Data connectivity and phone call connections are hit and miss. Makes you wonder why they even wasted the money on the tower conversion. I guess I was hoping they would do better on their rollout than Verizon in comparative areas for 3G. Or at least try and match the coverage areas and top the signal strength.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    yeah in va att needs better rural coverage. Not as bad as it used to be but def needs an improvement.

Device(s)
    BBB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhere View Post
    yeah in va att needs better rural coverage. Not as bad as it used to be but def needs an improvement.
    Don't hold much hope for rural VA where they have only 1900 MHz PCS band. It is not cost effective to build a PCS network in rural areas.

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    rural coverage was pretty nice in PA, MD, WV (close to MD).
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by truthful View Post
    Don't hold much hope for rural VA where they have only 1900 MHz PCS band. It is not cost effective to build a PCS network in rural areas.
    It can be... VZW has perfectly serviceable 1900 in Wisconsin, and Florida for instance.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    It can be... VZW has perfectly serviceable 1900 in Wisconsin, and Florida for instance.

Yep, the same for AT&T here in the former Edge Wireless areas. In fact, it's all they have in these areas, so they have done a fairly good job with it. This is a VERY rough area to cover too, being mountainous, heavily forested (including Redwoods that grow to 375 Feet) and with many canyons and valleys, the elevation ranges from Sea Level at the coast to just over 7000 feet at Anthony Peak (highest point in Mendocino County).

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by truthful View Post
    It is not cost effective to build a PCS network in rural areas.
    Not exactly true.
    T-Mobile USA sunk in a lot of money in Vermont and the North Country, up including having new towers installed.
    AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless under their Road Runner program built up a strong PCS network.
    Sprint also has invested in a PCS network in rural parts of the country, as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    Not exactly true.
    T-Mobile USA sunk in a lot of money in Vermont and the North Country, up including having new towers installed.
    AT&T Wireless and Cingular Wireless under their Road Runner program built up a strong PCS network.
    Sprint also has invested in a PCS network in rural parts of the country, as well.
    Yea T-Mobile did a pretty vast and rural build out of GSM in Alabama last year. They have sites that are transmitting 12-14 miles and work pretty well because of placement.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 64 GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    It boils down to maps and POP's served. Verizon's 3G still serves many more POP's than AT&T does. Then you look at Verizon's LTE offering and they're up to what, 150 million POP's? That's 150 million more POP's than AT&T serves right now.

I honestly don't understand why AT&T doesn't just bite the bullet and go full steam with LTE. It would make much more sense. The cost benefit of LTE is simply far better than HSPA+.
    Have you read the forum rules lately?

Device(s)
    S10e
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post

do you know if all of FL is 1900? I must say though, nearly ANYWHERE I go, I get 3G. on a drive up to Orlando (i'm in southwest FL), i have 3G the entire time, never drops. this is through the middle of nowhere for a while. at school indoors the signal is pretty bad, and the building I spend all my time in has thicker walls (engineering building), but i'm still able to make calls and use data in most areas of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast