Thread: K850, C905: Can I use a2uploader to access the file system? (Windows 7 64 bit)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

K850, C905: Can I use a2uploader to access the file system? (Windows 7 64 bit)

I posted here, my k790 camera is malfunctioning: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1723928

If I have to replace it, I'd like another CyberShot phone. It seems the best options would be the K850 (5 mp camera) or any C models (3.2mp up to 8.1mp). The k790 is 3.2mp, so I'd hope for that or higher. I'm particularly looking at the k850 or c905.

My question is, can the camera sounds on these phones (shutter, focus, etc) be replaced (or deleted) using a2uploader? I need the shutter to be silent (not for spying purposes :P ). I did this with the k790 (using JDFlasher) and it worked great, but wasn't sure if it was possible with the newer models? I found a blog post that said a2uploader can access the filesystems on models up to c905, but another post that implied it might not be able to, and I'm scared of getting stuck with the loud shutter sound, which would make the camera unusable in my situation.

Also, how "dangerous" is this? I was going to replace the sounds with blank files of the same name. I did that last time but I didn't pay as much for the phone as I'm going to have to pay this time.... I remember it was very easy before but I don't want to screw up a new phone....

Also, I am using Windows 7 64-bit. Does a2uploader work with 64-bit Windows? (I saw a post that indicated it might not)

BTW, I would rather not flash the phone to a different region's firmware to get the option of turning off the shutter sound through the phone's menu. I'm scared of flashing a2uploader was much easier.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!
    Last edited by ampersand; 07-09-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Both phones you're considering run under the A2 platform, so A2uploader will work. Also, yes it works on Win7 64 bit, and there's no option to set the shutter to silent, but you can simply delete one of the shutter sounds while fiddling around with the FS and setting the shutter sound to the one you deleted in your camera options.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks someone173!! That's what I did with the K790 and it seemed very easy, but when I searched about how to disable the shutter sound on these phones most messages were about flashing the phone etc, things that were much more complicated... I thought maybe I missed something.

It works to just delete the 3gp files? I read somewhere else that it's safer to replace them with blank files, although I just deleted them on the k790 and it was fine.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yep, just delete a pair of camera shutter 3gp files and it'll silence it.