Thread: Seeking stock/default ringtone for LG EnV2 VX9100

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Seeking stock/default ringtone for LG EnV2 VX9100

I've moved on to a different phone finally, and I've gotten all of my custom MP3 ringtones that I want copied to my new phone. However, there are a couple of default ringtones on the EnV2 VX9100 that I'd like to get. Particularly there's one very shrill loud repetitive one called "Loud Beeps" that is the best alarm noise I've ever found for waking me up in the morning.

I can't seem to get to the default ringtones via BitPim. How can I get this Loud Beeps ringtone?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried emailing LG themselves to see, on the very remote chance, if they would just give me the file.

I don't fully understand a portion of their response:
    ----------------------------------------------------
    06/29/2011

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics

------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Good Morning, Mr Ewbank!

I appreciate you contacting LG Electronics, I understand your concern, and it will be my pleasure to do all that I can to assist you further.

Unfortunately I know of no way to send you a copy of the LG Loud Beeps you enjoyed with your enV2, Sir.

Even if you had tried sending it from your enV2 as an MMS or email attachment to the LG Revolution, it still wouldn;t convert it to a usable Ringtone I'm afraid, That is by the way a Carrier not Manufacturer restriction. We make the Phones to our Customer's - in this case Verizon - specifications, Sir.

I hope I've addressed your concerns fully, and should you have ANY further concerns or questions, then please don't hesitate to email us again or call LG toll free at 800-243-0000 anytime, day or night to speak with a Live Representative!

Thank you again for contacting LG Electronics, Mr Ewbank, and have a blessed day!

-----------Original Customer Inquiry------------
    Received Date : 06/29/2011 11:08 46
    The type of inquiry : Others
    Product/Model No. : CDMA/LGVX9100

Greetings. I've been using your EnV2 VX9100 for nearly 3 years now. I'm, about to move to a new smartphone, but there's one thing I very much miss from the EnV2 - the "Loud Beeps" ringtone that's built into the phone's OS. It is, quite simply, the most effective, loud, annoying alarm tone I've ever found, and it excels at actually waking me up in the morning.

I realize this is an unusual request, but I was wondering if LG could provide me with a copy of this ringtone so that I might use it on a new Android smartphone? (I'll be honest, I'm torn between the LG Revolution and the Samsung Charge)

Thanks in advance. If it helps any, if LG can help me out in this, I would provide quite a bit of praise on multiple online venues, including reddit, twitter, xdadevelopers, and howardforums.