Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone getting a Touch Pad?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Any ideas on future support (or OS "adaptations") for this item? Looking forward to playing with it when it arrives after the fire sale

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Re: Demo models. At one Bestbuy I went to, the sales guy told me they won't sell the demo models. Mumbled something about HP requires that the demos be sent back to the factory so some software can be uninstalled.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    So how many sold? Now shipped numbers should be roughly the same as sold. If manufacturing was constant, with the plans to ship 3 million the first year, at 400k-500k per month, over 7 weeks that would suggest about 900,000. I'd also have to guess that some of that started before it was released. Reports pointed to 275,000 for BB with similarly large shipments for Wal-Mart and others, so that could be 500,000 for the US alone. I think webOS devs can expect a sharp spike in sales this week.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Carrier(s)
    Soup Cans and String Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Aha, this was posted in the HoFo blog a few days ago...I'm not going crazy

According to a report by AllThingsD, major electronics retailer Best Buy has only sold 25,000 units of the 270,000 HP TouchPad tablets they have in inventory; not accounting for returns.
    So we know BB is sold out, but we don't know the exact count--there were rumors that some stores were simply ripping out displays on Saturday already in order to send them back instead of sell them.

According to the one SlickDeals thread:

insight had 50k
    costcentral had over 34k
    provantage had 15k OR 42k
    compuvest had 7k

There's another 100k+ not even counting HP, Amazon (onsale, and their own Lightning Deal), and all the other retailers like Staples, Target, etc etc etc. I would agree it's got to be in the 500k area.

All the sellers sitting on TP accessories are also going to be having a great next few weeks
    Windows Phone.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I went to buy one and they were all out of stock pretty much everywhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2