Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Thread: Nokia N9

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Nokia N9 will retail at $660 and $749 for the 16GB and 64GB models respectively. The phone will be available at the end of the year--the same time period where we can expect to see Mango-flavored Windows Phone 7 Nokia devices.

New Member.....

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Where did you find that?

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    That's pretty expensive if true, although matches previous Nokia handset releases. I'd hope for it to come down in price a bit. Given where the N900 was and the N8 as well, I'm thinking we'll see it below $400 probably some time early next year.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72 / Motorola Milestone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mi6007 View Post
    The Nokia N9 will retail at $660 and $749 for the 16GB and 64GB models respectively. The phone will be available at the end of the year--the same time period where we can expect to see Mango-flavored Windows Phone 7 Nokia devices.

If that's true, I will most definitely not be buying it at launch...

Sent from my MB860 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I cannot believe that Nokia will offer 48GB additional memory for such a small difference in price. Doesn't make sense when compared to the rest of the market.

In any case, I don't think I would buy this phone at any price. Late 2011 is simply too late in the game to gamble on a new OS. Imagine the immense uphill battle that Windows Phone 7 faces. Imagine the even more astonishing uphill battle that WebOS faces. Now consider that both of them are miles ahead of MeeGo in basically every regard.

It might be worth reconsidering if MeeGo picks up developer support and Nokia shows some commitment to first-party support, but otherwise buying this on day one would be nuts. You'd have to be a super fanatic.

This phone is astonishingly sexy, even if the CPU and GPU are a bit dated, but it has basically nothing going for it aside from its amazing looks. What you're getting is a very sexy slab of total isolation. You'd have to buy this fully cognizant of the fact that you may never get any support from Nokia or from 3rd party developers.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    With the high price, and the fact that there really is no actual release date... I may just end up picking up an N8 or E7 now and riding that out until this releases and the price drops. I don't doubt the prices since Nokia won't mass market this device. I don't mind paying a premium but 750 is too much for me.

I didn't buy an N900 until much later and when I did I was glad that the dev community had a lot worked out for it. So here's hoping they do the same so that after the early adoption process passes, we'll be good to go with lower prices as well.
    Last edited by blackwindexe; 06-21-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inept View Post
    I cannot believe that Nokia will offer 48GB additional memory for such a small difference in price. Doesn't make sense when compared to the rest of the market.
    Actually, it makes a lot of sense. It's competetive with buying an SDHC card, and actually makes it a viable purchase, rather than having the smallest model be the only viable one. It also sets Nokia up as a leader in providing good value for the money, and not ripping users off.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mi6007 View Post
    Are you just speculating? Do you have anything to back this up?

Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newtype View Post
    Another strike against it is that it uses a Micro Sim...(smh)
    Where did you find that? The sheet makes no mention of what SIM it uses.

Yes! Do want! (If it uses regular SIM this is the ultimate phone of freedom!)

Nexus 6 @ Freedom ~ Free LTE cake but no fork phone to eat it
    Assorted Asus crap / Nexus 4 @ Fido & 711/Speakout - $25/yr prepaid FTW!

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Christo1903 View Post
    Are you just speculating? Do you have anything to back this up?
    fonearena.com has that same price listed. Someone posted the link on another forum. Fonearena is usually spot on about pricing and the final prices are not too far off. This isn't really a mass-market device for Nokia in which they will push advertising. They are really relying on WP7 devices which will have to be priced competitively if they want to sell to get them back on track. I could see the n9 for $649 and $749 launching and then $599 and $699 launching in the US. I still won't buy it at that price. Most i'll pay is $550 for the 64gb. So I may just ride out my N8 until the end of the year when prices are low, maybe even compare with Wp7 devices, but I would need something to blow me away with those devices since I love the meego/harmattan OS and UI.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'd probably be willing to pay $599 or so for the N950 with 64GB, but not for the N9. Meh.
    ---
    "No matter where you go, there you are."

Quote Originally Posted by sjhong
    The 3.5 inch touch screen, the 32Gb internal memory and the qwerty keyboard are features I can no longer live without.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    $450 for the 16GB and $600 for the 64GB are my max. The hardware is still dated except the screen and the polycarbonate uni-body.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwindexe View Post
    fonearena.com has that same price listed. Someone posted the link on another forum. Fonearena is usually spot on about pricing and the final prices are not too far off. This isn't really a mass-market device for Nokia in which they will push advertising. They are really relying on WP7 devices which will have to be priced competitively if they want to sell to get them back on track. I could see the n9 for $649 and $749 launching and then $599 and $699 launching in the US. I still won't buy it at that price. Most i'll pay is $550 for the 64gb. So I may just ride out my N8 until the end of the year when prices are low, maybe even compare with Wp7 devices, but I would need something to blow me away with those devices since I love the meego/harmattan OS and UI.
    Hey thanks for the info - speaking of riding out your N8 - I'm thinking of picking one up. I'm sick of Blackberry and am not crazy about Android - how does the N8 work as a daily phone. I'll be using it for music, messaging, camera and maps....some news apps would be good as well.

THanks
    Christo

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I just ordered mine yesterday and will be here before the weekend (maybe). I may return it to save some money and see if I can use a milestone for the next few months though. It's too late to cancel so I will have to receive it and use it for a bit and then return it within the 14 day period if I decide to. To be honest, I used an n97 for a good year without complaining even with its issues and the n8 is miles better than it. I doubt I'll have complaints about the n8, just a matter of saving money if I want to return it. I won't have a backup phone after I sell my e71 so it's probably wise for me to get a milestone anyway and keep both.

Someone else can chime in on moving from a blackberry. I know that everything you want is in the n8. Free maps, great camera obviously, solid music player, messaging is good but if you read the n8 thread there may be the occasional hiccup, and there are numerous news apps available. You can browse http://store.ovi.com/applications if you'd like.

If you're going to get an n8, I suggest looking into the trade in deal on nokia.com. It will come out cheaper than ebay prices. And if you have an old cheap phone you can send in that, and then sell your blackberry elsewhere.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bachviet View Post
    $450 for the 16GB and $600 for the 64GB are my max. The hardware is still dated except the screen and the polycarbonate uni-body.
    "Up to date" hardware means **** battery life.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast